Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

Originally posted by Yuppie Scum View Post
    Well in that case... When do they give out the award for Hanging with Michigan for 52 Minutes?
    Not my post, so ask Humanoid.

In all seriousness, speaking as an MC fan, I wish Bentley was in the convo to join HEA, rather than UConn. Other than the enrollment and the women's program at UConn, I would actually say Bentley is in a better position for this.
    I would like to see Bentley play an OOC game at Lake Whitt some time soon, like before Gensler and Komm graduate!

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
      Not my post, so ask Humanoid.

Geez hasn't anyone heard of moral victories?
      Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Schedule is up, and another great one IMHO...

10/13 @ UML
        10/19 @ Michigan
        10/27 @ Hahvud (I'm in!)
        12/1 @ Dartmouth
        12/29 @ Northeastern
        12/30 UML (home, interesting)
        Last edited by schiegs; 05-04-2012, 12:32 PM.
        Bentley University Hockey
        On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Originally posted by schiegs View Post
          Schedule is up, and another great one IMHO...

10/13 @ UML
          10/19 @ Michigan
          10/27 @ Hahvud (I'm in!)
          12/1 @ Dartmouth
          12/29 @ Northeastern
          12/30 UML (home, interesting)
          Agreed. And, as Humanoid noted earlier, Alabama-Huntsville will be at the JAR, albeit for just the one game on 10/26 for the home opener. A-H goes out to Springfield to play AIC the next night when we travel to Cambridge to play Hahvud.

I saw Huntsville play against the Cats at Lake Whitt last November, third game in four nights for the Chargers (6-0 L to Merrimack, 3-0 L to UMass-Lowell, and then 9-1 L to UNH), which was a tough way for them to spend the Thanksgiving break away from home. I was a bit annoyed at UNH for running up the score, and sure enough it was the beginning of the downfall of Cats for the rest of their season. The Chargers were skating 12 freshmen and only two seniors, but not sure what their roster will be like this coming season given their independent situation. Sure would be nice if one of the new leagues in the 2013-2014 season took them in.

Here is the full AHA schedule:

http://www.atlantichockeyonline.com/schedules/2012-13

Comment

Agreed. And, as Humanoid noted earlier, Alabama-Huntsville will be at the JAR, albeit for just the one game on 10/26 for the home opener. A-H goes out to Springfield to play AIC the next night when we travel to Cambridge to play Hahvud.

I saw Huntsville play against the Cats at Lake Whitt last November, third game in four nights for the Chargers (6-0 L to Merrimack, 3-0 L to UMass-Lowell, and then 9-1 L to UNH), which was a tough way for them to spend the Thanksgiving break away from home. I was a bit annoyed at UNH for running up the score, and sure enough it was the beginning of the downfall of Cats for the rest of their season. The Chargers were skating 12 freshmen and only two seniors, but not sure what their roster will be like this coming season given their independent situation. Sure would be nice if one of the new leagues in the 2013-2014 season took them in.

Here is the full AHA schedule:

http://www.atlantichockeyonline.com/schedules/2012-13
            This sounds ambitious and great. Last year, Bentley scheduled way out of their league in an attempt to get exposure to the top programs. Now they stepped back a bit from the top top top programs in an attempt to get winnable games and up their regional footprint. If they can go out and beat teams like UMass-Lowell, Northeastern, Harvard, and Dartmouth, then they will do a much better job of marketing the program than ever before. If they sweep half the Beanpot teams, then Bentley almost assuredly will increase their reputation and footprint in D1 hockey. I love this schedule, and I'm excitedabout going to the games.

I just hope the students, who were so great last year, come out in droves for these road and home games.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
              I just hope the students, who were so great last year, come out in droves for these road and home games.
              My understanding is that the Falcons Nest will be losing only one student to graduation for next season. Really.

Comment

My understanding is that the Falcons Nest will be losing only one student to graduation for next season. Really.
                I understand that Bentley runs shuttle buses to Harvard Square?

I wonder if this means they'll be able to run a shuttle of students from campus to Bright Hockey Center for the game. I, for one, would love to see the school send a fan bus into Boston with a boatload of, um, liquidly encouraged students.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

I understand that Bentley runs shuttle buses to Harvard Square?

I wonder if this means they'll be able to run a shuttle of students from campus to Bright Hockey Center for the game. I, for one, would love to see the school send a fan bus into Boston with a boatload of, um, liquidly encouraged students.
                  According to Google, Bright is 0.7 miles from Harvard Square; yeah, probably too far to walk. Perhaps Bentley students can sneak onto a Harvard shuttle bus?

Comment

Are the student fans of Bentley know as JARHeads?? Or is that owned by a different organization?
                    CCT '77 & '78
                    4 kids
                    5 grandsons (BCA 7/09, CJA 5/14, JDL 8/14, JFL 6/16, PJL 7/18)
                    1 granddaughter (EML 4/18)

”Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both.”
                    - Benjamin Franklin

Banned from the St. Lawrence University Facebook page - March 2016 (But I got better).

I want to live forever. So far, so good.

Comment

According to Google, Bright is 0.7 miles from Harvard Square; yeah, probably too far to walk.
                      There's a little river named Charles between Harvard Square and Bright as well. (Bright is actually in Allston.)
                      Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
                      "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post
                        There's a little river named Charles between Harvard Square and Bright as well. (Bright is actually in Allston.)
                        Depends on your definition of Harvard Square, if you're talking about the neighborhood in general, the boundary is probably the river. If you're talking about the T stop, it's like a 5 minute walk across the bridge.

Comment

Depends on your definition of Harvard Square, if you're talking about the neighborhood in general, the boundary is probably the river. If you're talking about the T stop, it's like a 5 minute walk across the bridge.
                          Wait, there is a bridge? The JAR in Watertown is 2.7 miles from Bentley's campus in Waltham, but on the same side of the Charles, so at least no bridge.

Comment

The UML thread states the second Bentley contest has been eighty-sixed. That does leave one game available...
                            Bentley University Hockey
                            On-campus arena: Build it, and they will come...

Comment

Powerful stuff coming from the offseason.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...-of-jar-pride/

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Powerful stuff coming from the offseason.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...-of-jar-pride/
                                Sorry to learn of Michael Eden's passing; the kid was an inspiration to all of us.

Comment

Working...
                                X