Clear All

• Re: Bentley Hockey 2012-2013: The New Era of JAR Pride Begins

Report card from this past weekend:

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...card-aicuconn/
    Win today and we'll walk together forever. -Ray Shero

Comment

http://www.bentleyfalcons.com/sports...201211190x09en

Gensler wins player of the week and Blomquist wins rookie of the week honors.
      Clear eyes, full hearts, can't lose.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Hope everyone's holiday was great! I have to shake off the turkey coma to get back on the air tonight. Which is tough because...well... I'm still turkeyed out.

In case anyone's coming out, it's a 7 PM start tonight and a 4 PM start tomorrow. I'll have audio for free, but you can always grab video via America One.

Stay classy, Falcon fans.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...hurst-college/

Comment

Report card from a fun weekend of games.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...rd-mercyhurst/

Comment

Humanoid, hoping you will see this here - you are missing a pick for pick'em (friday's mercyhurst @ air force) - can you post a reply on that thread with your pick?
            Atlantic Hockey Composite schedule: www.tinyurl.com/AHAcomp2
            College Hockey America (Women) Composite Schedule: www.tinyurl.com/CHAWcomp

RIT Tigers
            Men's Atlantic Hockey Champions 2010 2015 2016
            Men's Frozen Four 2010
            Women's College Hockey America Champions 2014 2015
            Women's DIII National Champions 2012

Comment

Thanks for the weekend report, Dan.

Sorry that I missed the two Mercyhurst games. Will miss Army's visit to the JAR this Thursday also, but will travel to Hanover for the Dartmouth game on Saturday. Bentley with the best PP in Div 1 against Dartmouth's second best PK in Div 1, although I would prefer a penalty-free game and just even up skating and scoring. Dartmouth ranked #11 in today's USCHO and USA Today polls, and #3 in PWR, for what that is worth this early in the season. But, need to pick up 2 points against Army first, a must win in my book. When was the last time that Bentley had a defensive pair with 14 and 13 points respectively in 11 games?

Comment

Originally posted by Snively65 View Post
                Thanks for the weekend report, Dan.

Sorry that I missed the two Mercyhurst games. Will miss Army's visit to the JAR this Thursday also, but will travel to Hanover for the Dartmouth game on Saturday. Bentley with the best PP in Div 1 against Dartmouth's second best PK in Div 1, although I would prefer a penalty-free game and just even up skating and scoring. Dartmouth ranked #11 in today's USCHO and USA Today polls, and #3 in PWR, for what that is worth this early in the season. But, need to pick up 2 points against Army first, a must win in my book. When was the last time that Bentley had a defensive pair with 14 and 13 points respectively in 11 games?
                The thread's gone dead a little bit as of late. Did anyone catch Gladiuk and Weinstein's honors this week? Pretty cool. Some links:

http://bentleyfalcons.com/sports/mic...20121126n3kxdz

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...falcon-honors/

Snively - in response to your point, I don't think there has ever been a Bentley offense like this. There are going to be a great number of records that fall at this rate, including Gensler's from a year ago. He's the guy that gets most of the Pub because he's so great, but the rest of this offense is amazing. Breton's been a revelation, and Weinstein and Blomquist are actuall yfeeding off each other in a strong fashion. Weinstein's added a little bit more of a physical element to his play. True two-way threat.

Defense just needs to get better in front of Komm and this team might be unstoppable.

I'd love to play Niagara right now with the way this offense is clicking.

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

Originally posted by Humanoid View Post
                  I'd love to play Niagara right now with the way this offense is clicking.
                  Niagara's goalie now stands all alone at the top of Div 1 after UNH DeSmith's meltdown in Colorado this past weekend. I am glad that we do not play Niagara until February. :-)

Comment

Interesting matchup tonight with Army. Not sure how to take the Knights since they've been good against conference teams but bad in OOCs. Also, they tend to outplay Bentley on JAR ice, evidenced by last year's win over a good defensive Bentley team.

Still, the stats on paper do not bode well for the Cadets. Either way, I love when ARmy comes to town. Great to support and see the men who will sacrifice for our nation!

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

If anyone was planning on making it up for the game on Saturday, they will be running a toy drive for the Children's Hospital and I'm sure any donations would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewA...B_OEM_ID=11600
                      Go Dartmouth!

Comment

Originally posted by Green14 View Post
                        If anyone was planning on making it up for the game on Saturday, they will be running a toy drive for the Children's Hospital and I'm sure any donations would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.dartmouthsports.com/ViewA...B_OEM_ID=11600
                        Guarantee you a plug tonight good sir on the air!

Audio link is up and ready for those who can't make the game.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...ley-broadcast/

Comment

Tough 3-2 loss to the Cadets at the JAR tonight. This one may haunt the Falcons later in the season, given a major missed early opportunity to close the gap that the Crusaders are opening up. No one on the AHA Pick 'Em thread saw this one coming. The Falcons no longer lead Div 1 in offense, but will need to get some of that back before the other Falcons visit the JAR next weekend. Another opportunity for Bentley to knock off a highly ranked team in Hanover this Saturday night; my ticket for Section 6, Row C arrived today.
                          Last edited by Snively65; 11-30-2012, 12:22 AM.

Comment

I'd rather forget the Army game sooner rather than later. One day Bentley will figure out how to beat those guys on home ice.

Dan posted the Game Prep for the Dartmouth game. Game notes are up on the Bentley website with updated stats and info too.

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/...mouth-college/

http://bentleyfalcons.com/sports/mic...20121128hp2xdo

STAY UP #94 #58

Comment

My first time at Thompson Rink, despite most of a lifetime living in New Hampshire. Nice arena, seats about 4500, was built in 1975, 10 years after Snively was built at my alma mater, UNH. Thompson Rink was only about half full tonight, which was surprising, as a few years ago I tried to get tickets for a holiday tournament there only to find that it was sold out. I will be back for the Ledyard tournament at the end of December for the UMass - Bemidji and UNH - Dartmouth games; bought my tickets in advance this time.

I thought that Bentley played well tonight against a much bigger team. Bentley killed off 48 seconds of 5-3 and then scored late in the first to head into the locker room tied 1-1, despite being outshot 15-5 (on game clock; 21-7 in box score).

The Falcons made some excellent adjustments in the second, using their speed to get ahead and stay up 2-1 until Dartmouth tied on an incredible laser shot from a rebound below the right circle that Komm had no chance to stop. Bentley outshot the Big Green in the second and headed into the final intermission tied 2-2. Although there were not a lot of shots in the second, many were high quality on both sides, with both goalies making several fine saves.

Dartmouth took control in the third, scored on a wrap-around that I had not seen done before against Komm, and then was content to sit back and clog the middle after going up 4-2 with a PPG about 8 minutes in. The game seemed similar to the two Michigan games that I attended in Ann Arbor last year. Likewise, I thought that the final 5-2 score was not a very good indication how well the Falcons played overall. Bentley took the last of their six penalties late in the third, eliminating a chance to pull Komm for an extra attacker, and the Big Green scored their second PPG with about a minute remaining.

Second game in a row without a PPG, after picking up four against Mercyhurst the previous weekend, which drops Bentley to under 30% for the first time this season, but still #2 in Div 1.

Huge series coming up against the other Falcons at the JAR this coming weekend. Air Force took all four points in close games on New Years Eve Eve and New Years Eve the last time they visited the JAR two years ago. I predict that the outcome will be the reverse this year, as Bentley picked up three of four points last January in Colorado Springs. After runaway Niagara, the AHA is looking to be a free for all to see who will grab the next three places for home ice again this season.

Comment

Rough go up at Dartmouth but not disappointing by any stretch.

Here's a read for everyone, more towards feature based than actually analytical. Touching on Brett Gensler and the Hobey Baker Award

http://excalibursportspage.com/2012/12/02/family-first/

Comment

Working...
                                X