PDA

View Full Version : UConn to apply to Hockey East

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 [46] 47 48

claver2010
04-12-2013, 09:34 AM
I am curious. How long did it take you to find this thread? It is almost a year old.

About 30 seconds, the search feature is pretty good here

theprofromdover
04-12-2013, 10:16 AM
you folks will enjoy playing in the xl center, he's largest empty barn, year after next. :d

fyp.

Nick Papagiorgio
04-12-2013, 10:19 AM
I am curious. How long did it take you to find this thread? It is almost a year old. Btw, UConn lost to QU this year by a goal. The HE Champion this year lost to Yale last night, a team QU has beaten three times by a combined score of 13-3. Also note that UConn beat UML last year once, and only lost the second (tournament) game after a 20 minute overtime. You folks will enjoy playing in the XL Center, HE's largest barn, year after next. :D

You should start raising banners for these immaterial things so you will be able to raise something to the rafters in our lifetime. :D

Priceless
04-12-2013, 11:18 AM
Sacred Heart makes 4.Are you sure they count? :D

Ralph Baer
04-12-2013, 11:19 AM
Are you sure they count? :D

No. :)

ExileOnDaytonStreet
04-12-2013, 11:45 AM
Sacred Heart's been more useful in naming fictional hospitals on sitcoms than they have been on the ice.

RSTuthill
04-12-2013, 01:17 PM
fyp.
Thanks for that. It will only be empty if the good folks of CT think your team isn't worth watching ;)

sterlippo1
04-12-2013, 01:40 PM
I am curious. How long did it take you to find this thread? It is almost a year old. Btw, UConn lost to QU this year by a goal. The HE Champion this year lost to Yale last night, a team QU has beaten three times by a combined score of 13-3. Also note that UConn beat UML last year once, and only lost the second (tournament) game after a 20 minute overtime. You folks will enjoy playing in the XL Center, HE's largest barn, year after next. :D

I think you are missing his point........I dont believe his issue is with QU or Ylae:eek:

Thanks for that. It will only be full when BC comes in to clean our clocks

FYP

Nick Papagiorgio
04-12-2013, 02:19 PM
Thanks for that. It will only be empty if the good folks of CT have a nags hoop game to watch.

Hate to keep riding this theme into the ground here but really, I had to FYP.

Have any of you Boneyarders given some thought to the fact that Uconn's jump into the league couldn't have come at a worse time with the upswing of Quinnipiac and Yale? Those two programs just got a whole lot more attractive to any kid in the state of Connecticut that doesn't want to go to BU or BC. Quinni gets a good jump on Uconn on the 20+ year old freshmen, which is probably what Uconn should be looking to bring in if they actually want to be even reasonably decent. Obviously a far superior facility and will likely be this way in the long term. And Pecknold is no slouch. Yale gets the jump on sloppy fourths (BC, BU, Michigan?) of any of the smart kids that can read and write and don't want to spend half their childhood getting their teeth knocked out in a junior hockey league. Not to mention the upswing for some lesser programs like Lowell, Merrimack, and Providence while a program not THAT far away is just starting out as a D1 entity with a gorgeous arena and a Big Ten slot.

The steep hill might be getting steeper for Uconn.

Just a thought. Really a rhetorical question because I know most Boneyarders plan on hiring Gwozdecky and winning national titles in a few years because well, after all, we can do it in nags hoops so why not hockey!?!!?! Same group that can't figure out why no one wants them in a conference... hahahahahahaha.

claver2010
04-12-2013, 02:41 PM
Hate to keep riding this theme into the ground here but really, I had to FYP.

Have any of you Boneyarders given some thought to the fact that Uconn's jump into the league couldn't have come at a worse time with the upswing of Quinnipiac and Yale? Those two programs just got a whole lot more attractive to any kid in the state of Connecticut that doesn't want to go to BU or BC. Quinni gets a good jump on Uconn on the 20+ year old freshmen, which is probably what Uconn should be looking to bring in if they actually want to be even reasonably decent. Obviously a far superior facility and will likely be this way in the long term. And Pecknold is no slouch. Yale gets the jump on sloppy fourths (BC, BU, Michigan?) of any of the smart kids that can read and write and don't want to spend half their childhood getting their teeth knocked out in a junior hockey league. Not to mention the upswing for some lesser programs like Lowell, Merrimack, and Providence while a program not THAT far away is just starting out as a D1 entity with a gorgeous arena and a Big Ten slot.

The steep hill might be getting steeper for Uconn.

Just a thought. Really a rhetorical question because I know most Boneyarders plan on hiring Gwozdecky and winning national titles in a few years because well, after all, we can do it in nags hoops so why not hockey!?!!?! Same group that can't figure out why no one wants them in a conference... hahahahahahaha.

Pretty solid synopsis though one error.

I assume you didn't hear, Yukon is going to the B1G anyday now. At least that's what I read on the puppy pound

RSTuthill
04-12-2013, 03:52 PM
Hehehe. Just admit it guys. You are suddenly posting to a year old thread because you suddenly woke up and realized the CT is now the center of the eastern hockey world -- not MA. Hahaha!!!!! Love that dirty water!!

TonyTheTiger20
04-12-2013, 04:49 PM
Hehehe. Just admit it guys. You are suddenly posting to a year old thread because you suddenly woke up and realized the CT is now the center of the eastern hockey world -- not MA. Hahaha!!!!! Love that dirty water!!We're posting in this thread because most of us are ****ed that Hockey East invited the dregs of CT hockey into the conference when most of us had been begging for Quinnipiac all along -- and are now being proven right.

TonyTheTiger20
04-12-2013, 05:01 PM
How is UConn suddenly riding the coattails of two teams that are not UConn playing in the national championship -- and who will be winning head-to-head recruiting battles against them for every in-state recruit for the foreseeable future? Does not compute.

brassbonanza
04-12-2013, 05:19 PM
I'll give you Quinnipiac, but there was a better chance of North Dakota joining Hockey East than getting Yale to break off from the Ivies.

CornwallAce
04-12-2013, 05:36 PM

AIC beat QU(2-1) but lost to Union(0-8). Yet Union beat QU. This all gets so strange....

sterlippo1
04-12-2013, 05:40 PM
Hehehe. Just admit it guys. You are suddenly posting to a year old thread because you suddenly woke up and realized the CT is now the center of the eastern hockey world -- not MA. Hahaha!!!!! Love that dirty water!!

you still don't get it. It's not a state vs state thing for crying out loud.

RSTuthill
04-12-2013, 06:19 PM
you still don't get it. It's not a state vs state thing for crying out loud.
You've got buyer's remorse. I got it the first time.

But let's just see if Pecknold can do what Jerry York does on a regular basis, namely reload year after year (except maybe not this year). I'm doubting it. And most of QU's best players will be gone next year. Let's see how UConn does next year with 12 rides instead of whatever it was this year (not more than six I am guessing). My advice is to relax. What you are seeing this weekend is the result of random variation. It is not the start of a dynasty.

Btw, the B1G rumors could be true if the CT Legislature coughs up another $2 billion and that gets them into the AAU. So you may still get another bite at the QU apple if that is what you want.

sterlippo1
04-12-2013, 08:36 PM
You've got buyer's remorse. I got it the first time.

But let's just see if Pecknold can do what Jerry York does on a regular basis, namely reload year after year (except maybe not this year). I'm doubting it. And most of QU's best players will be gone next year. Let's see how UConn does next year with 12 rides instead of whatever it was this year (not more than six I am guessing). My advice is to relax. What you are seeing this weekend is the result of random variation. It is not the start of a dynasty.

Btw, the B1G rumors could be true if the CT Legislature coughs up another $2 billion and that gets them into the AAU. So you may still get another bite at the QU apple if that is what you want.

you fooled me then, nice job......we'll see what happens. There's not a doubt in my mind that they could be a factor in this down the line, but do they really want to? show us the money

claver2010
04-12-2013, 08:41 PM
I'll give you Quinnipiac, but there was a better chance of North Dakota joining Hockey East than getting Yale to break off from the Ivies.

I wasn't looking for ylae*

bigmrg74
04-13-2013, 12:11 AM
We're posting in this thread because most of us are ****ed that Hockey East invited the dregs of CT hockey into the conference when most of us had been begging for Quinnipiac all along -- and are now being proven right.Every conference needs a doormat. Why not let UCONN be Hockey East's doormat??