Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: UConn to apply to Hockey East

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
    Don't be bitter. Btw, although CT joined in the suit you are referring to, it was filed by Pitt. Completely ruined Pitt's chances of joining the ACC didn't it?
    "BC still has lingering anger about the lawsuit, filed by former Connecticut attorney general Richard Blumenthal in 2003. Among those directly sued for conspiring "to weaken the Big East" were BC Athletic Director Gene DeFilippo and ACC Commissioner John Swofford. Miami and Virginia Tech, who also left for the ACC in 2003, were not sued."

Don't let the truth get in your way.
    Originally posted by mookie1995
    bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.
    Rep from Hokydad -"and your an old never been piece of ****"

Originally Posted by Dirty
    Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

More truth.
      http://www.nytimes.com/2003/10/19/ny...n-college.html
      bc is superior to bu in nearly everything. while it is sad that it has come to it, it's the truth. if bu doesn't like it, improve.

Why is anyone surprised that Old Pio is acting like a grumpy old f^ck? He is a grumpy old f^ck.

Comment

Wow, touchy. Yup, Bloomenthal expanded something started by Pitt. Reason was, a certain somebody from MA was chairing the BE strategy to recover from the earlier departures. In the middle of that, that person's unamed school departed the BE. More than a little conflict of interest, wouldn't you say?

Comment

Originally posted by RSTuthill View Post
          Don't be bitter. Btw, although CT joined in the suit you are referring to, it was filed by Pitt. Completely ruined Pitt's chances of joining the ACC didn't it?

Haha this is priceless. Get your next lawsuit ready for when ND, BU & BC all leave HE to join some "superleague" in a couple of years. And if you don't think its already been approached once, you are wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by kingdobbs View Post
            The institution has associate membership because they were only admitted with the privilege to compete in women's ice hockey.
            Yet schools are not admitted with only the privilege of competing in men's hockey. That looks like a distinction based solely on gender.

Powers &8^]

Comment

Originally posted by LtPowers View Post
              Yet schools are not admitted with only the privilege of competing in men's hockey. That looks like a distinction based solely on gender.Powers &8^]
              Is it dark with your head up there?

Comment

http://www.uscho.com/2012/05/09/repo...r-for-2013-14/

first quote I have seen from Bruce Marshall on the topic.
                "Rick not want to be know as tough guy, Rick want to be known as team guy" Rick "Mongo" Bennett

Comment

Originally posted by johnk View Post
                  Haha this is priceless. Get your next lawsuit ready for when ND, BU & BC all leave HE to join some "superleague" in a couple of years. And if you don't think its already been approached once, you are wrong.
                  American Collegiate Hockey Conference?

They can have an interlocking schedule with the NCHC.
                  “Demolish the bridges behind you… then there is no choice but to build again.”

Live Radio from 100.3

Comment

• Originally posted by johnk View Post
                    Unless I'm mistaken, BC was invited to the NCHC and wanted no part of such a thing.

BC has no desire to leave Hockey East.
                    Grant Salzano, Boston College '10
                    Writer Emeritus, BC Interruption
                    Twitter: @Salzano14

Click here for the BC Interruption Pairwise, KRACH, and GRaNT Calculators

Comment

Being a Uconn fan living in the state most of my life, I love the possiblity of this, hopefully it could eventually lead to a new arena because XL Center is terrible.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyTheTiger20 View Post
                        Unless I'm mistaken, BC was invited to the NCHC and wanted no part of such a thing.

BC has no desire to leave Hockey East.

Ok Tony and in 2003 I bet they had no desire to leave the Big East in other sports. If ND leaves so will the TV and with the other leagues formed, watch the domino's fall.

Comment

ND is just now joining.. Their must be a clause where they have to stay a certain amount of years..

Comment

Originally posted by AspyDad View Post
                            http://www.uscho.com/2012/05/09/repo...r-for-2013-14/

first quote I have seen from Bruce Marshall on the topic.
                            This is sounding more and more like it will happen. When you have the Hockey East commissioner saying what he is saying, the UCONN AD saying what he is saying and even the coach, who has in the past always downplayed the possiblitiy in a big way, now saying what he is saying, I'm not sure how you can bet against it. I know things always can happen, but usually when something gets this far those thigns eventually get ironed out.

Comment

AspeyDad,
                              Any feedback from the players?

Comment

Originally posted by Jim View Post
                                This is sounding more and more like it will happen. When you have the Hockey East commissioner saying what he is saying, the UCONN AD saying what he is saying and even the coach, who has in the past always downplayed the possiblitiy in a big way, now saying what he is saying, I'm not sure how you can bet against it. I know things always can happen, but usually when something gets this far those thigns eventually get ironed out.
                                Time to jump through that door. If not now, then when exactly? This door is never going to open again, that is for sure.

Comment

Working...
                                X