PDA

View Full Version : UConn to apply to Hockey East

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 [32] 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48

REDMEN2002
05-11-2012, 09:01 PM
um no he didn't, Jonathan Quick never played for Uconn, he's from the state... only one that mentioned Cole Schiender was me. If you've never heard of Quick, you've never watched the NHL.

I've heard of quick, you numbskull

Lazyking
05-11-2012, 09:04 PM
Then what in the world were you talking about? He never brought up a Uconn guy making your insult meaningless.

Carmine Scarpaglia
05-11-2012, 10:10 PM
Did you really just compare Keith Aucoin to one of the best goalies on the planet? wow lol.

If you don't get that point, then there is no hope.

I'm not surprised you're having trouble connecting the dots.

CHFAN222
05-11-2012, 10:18 PM
Wow... I knew Boston hockey fans were insular, but this is ridiculous.

Powers &8^]

When you live in Boston you don't consider anything outside of 495 Massachusetts :rolleyes:

Patman
05-11-2012, 11:18 PM
Wow... I knew Boston hockey fans were insular, but this is ridiculous.

Powers &8^]

Why do you think I like being in DC?

Onion Man
05-12-2012, 06:44 AM
How does UConn benefit Hockey East in any way, shape or form? I dont think I'd want them in the ECAC let alone Hockey East. I'm surprised they aren't trying to get someone like Union who I think could thrive in that conference.

Onion Man
05-12-2012, 06:47 AM
Did you really just compare Keith Aucoin to one of the best goalies on the planet? wow lol.

If you don't get that point, then there is no hope.

So you're inferring that Quick's success has to do with UMass? That's ridiculous.

CHFAN222
05-12-2012, 08:20 AM
How does UConn benefit Hockey East in any way, shape or form? I dont think I'd want them in the ECAC let alone Hockey East. I'm surprised they aren't trying to get someone like Union who I think could thrive in that conference.

Union is a D-3 school. Hockey East wants a D-1 school with a name brand.

moose97
05-12-2012, 08:32 AM
How does UConn benefit Hockey East in any way, shape or form?

If you can't see it, I don't know what to tell you. About 8-10 years ago when Notre Dame just started to get good at hockey, I was telling anyone who would listen that if the school put any resources behind the program at all, they could become a force. I mean, they played in a dump, had a large passionate fan base (that just wasn't used to rooting for Irish hockey). Now, fast forward past a new rink, a couple Frozen Four's and being in the drivers seat in conference re-alignment and where are the Irish today?

Now, has UConn had the on-ice success? No, but have they had the school support either? No. They do, however, have a large passionate fan base, and while basketball is fun (for one month of the year anyway), I'm sure there are plenty of folks that would pay to watch good hockey too.

RSTuthill
05-12-2012, 09:03 AM
Why do you think I like being in DC?
One of the best places on earth. Been there like 100 times and I am looking forward to two trips in the next three weeks.

Enjoy Boston though, too. Especially those years when the Sox have a pitching staff (not often, but it does happen).

Lazyking
05-12-2012, 12:28 PM
So you're inferring that Quick's success has to do with UMass? That's ridiculous.

No, but knowing that Quick went to Umass only helps as a recruiting tool for Umass and being from Connecticut, I can bet that now that Uconn might be joining Hockey east they can mention to the in state kids that not only do they get to stay home on a scholarship and play in the best conference, they can use Quick and say "He made it to the NHL, you can to."

Priceless
05-12-2012, 12:55 PM
No, but knowing that Quick went to Umass only helps as a recruiting tool for Umass and being from Connecticut, I can bet that now that Uconn might be joining Hockey east they can mention to the in state kids that not only do they get to stay home on a scholarship and play in the best conference, they can use Quick and say "He made it to the NHL, you can to."
Do you suppose Don Lucia points to the success of Zach Parise as a reason kids should play at Minnesota?

Lazyking
05-12-2012, 04:16 PM
That's totally different.... I could use Cole Schneider as my example but he hasn't really "made" it yet. You can't tell me that if Uconn offered scholarships that Jonathan Quick may have gone there instead of Umass. This move will change how Uconn looks at hockey and how recruits look at Uconn hockey no doubt in my mind.

Patman
05-12-2012, 04:19 PM
That's totally different.... I could use Cole Schneider as my example but he hasn't really "made" it yet. You can't tell me that if Uconn offered scholarships that Jonathan Quick may have gone there instead of Umass. This move will change how Uconn looks at hockey and how recruits look at Uconn hockey no doubt in my mind.

With the commitment that I see being thrown out there I still see them being behind, in terms of facilities/resources than....

Boston College, Boston University, Maine, New Hampshire, UMass-Lowell, UMass-Amherst, Northeastern, Vermont. Providence is a push and a school composed of feral chinchillas would beat Merrimack.

Lazyking
05-12-2012, 04:25 PM
We'll see. I'm basing this on an upgrade on facilities eventually (we all know XL center is a dump) and the fact that Uconn isn't even on board with this move if they aren't willing to invest in it. Uconn does not like being a doormat in anything. I mean really, if they want in Hockey East which it sounds like they do then I highly doubt they'll be happy to get steamrolled and embarrassed every year. Why bother making the jump then? Its not like college hockey is gonna bring them huge money anyway.

REDMEN2002
05-12-2012, 05:03 PM
With the commitment that I see being thrown out there I still see them being behind, in terms of facilities/resources than....

Boston College, Boston University, Maine, New Hampshire, UMass-Lowell, UMass-Amherst, Northeastern, Vermont. Providence is a push and a school composed of feral chinchillas would beat Merrimack.

You are fat.

Patman
05-12-2012, 05:32 PM
You are fat.

My mirror agrees with you. Its nice to know a pane of glass is as informative as a Merrimack grad.

REDMEN2002
05-12-2012, 05:34 PM
My mirror agrees with you. Its nice to know a pane of glass is as informative as a Merrimack grad.

Don't worry about Merrimack and their grads, buddy. Worry about Richard Simmons knocking your door down.

MattS
05-12-2012, 07:53 PM
Uconn does not like being a doormat in anything.

They seem pretty content with being a doormat so far.

BU2K
05-12-2012, 11:39 PM
Don't worry about Merrimack and their grads, buddy. Worry about Richard Simmons knocking your door down.

As long as he isn't knocking on the back door... :D