SCSU 2012 Offseason Thread: Lighten up Francis

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SCSU 2012 Offseason Thread: Lighten up Francis

OK, so as of now we lost Eddy. Obviously lost the seniors; some (Festler, Novak, Christian) will hurt more than losing others (Zabs; last time we recruit a **** Sconnie!).

So... thoughts? Ideas? I realize there's only like 3 of us now that don't exclusively post on the site that da huskies turned into, but who knows, maybe we can get ****y at each other on TWO websites.
    tUMD is Jan Brady per Brenthoven. Whew.... thanks for clearing THAT up.

Best USCHO quotes to date:

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

"I would rather play the blackhawks than you right now." - dogs2012

Re: SCSU 2012 Offseason Thread: Lighten up Francis

Should be an interesting off season. Lots of stuff going on - remodel of the NHC, lots of speculation around who is staying and who is going, new AD, launch of the new league right around the corner, etc.

Obviously the early season expectations will hinge on what the big 4 decide (Jensen, Lee, Hano, LeBlanc) to do. If all decide to stick around it should make for a fun final year in the wcha.
    "Today I do what you won't, so tomorrow I can do what you can't." - Unknown

Between autocorrect, touch typing and a lack of desire or time to proofread on the internet, there are likely errors in any text I post. If pointing these out will add to your sense of self worth and validate your life, knock yourself out.

Comment

Originally posted by SCSU Euro View Post
      OK, so as of now we lost Eddy. Obviously lost the seniors; some (Festler, Novak, Christian) will hurt more than losing others (Zabs; last time we recruit a **** Sconnie!).

So... thoughts? Ideas? I realize there's only like 3 of us now that don't exclusively post on the site that da huskies turned into, but who knows, maybe we can get ****y at each other on TWO websites.
      For a long time I have been afraid that Jensen may leave early. The kid's skating ability is definitely top notch. However, I think he still can sharpen up in a couple areas, especially on the power play. He is the guy that is closest to being "ready" but he continues to get better here.

Over the weekend I was really encouraged to read that there is a good chance that Ethan Prow may not come in next year. Nothing against Prow at all, I think he is a solid D recruit and I look forward to him playing for SCSU. That would leave the only D coming in next year as of right now is Luaridsen. If Jensen were to leave, Prow will be on his way back home to play for the Huskies. Anything can happen over the long off-season, but as of right now this is great. This could be the best group the D-men the Huskies put on the ice in the program's history. Yes, we have had some great individual players and pairings come through, but never a group of 6 this deep top to bottom.

Jensen-Prochno
      Gravel-Daily
      Rabey-Lauridsen

Extras: Johnson, Burrell

Hard to play a freshman over Johnson, But TJ has some major discipline issues. Kid has good components to his game: Great shot from the point, physical, decent skater, etc. Just too penalty prone. Everything I have read about Lauridsen indicates he will make an immediate impact. If this comes true, this group could be a special one. With two solid Goalies behind them, they have the potential to make a great run.

Comment

Wait, do we all fight about semantics on this site too? That seems to be the basis of all the fighting over there. Or can we pick a new topic here?

Maybe something crucial to next season such as: Should Mike Gibbons finally cut that Mullet or grow it longer?

Longer imo.

Originally posted by Bronzebacks View Post
        For a long time I have been afraid that Jensen may leave early. The kid's skating ability is definitely top notch. However, I think he still can sharpen up in a couple areas, especially on the power play. He is the guy that is closest to being "ready" but he continues to get better here.
        I've always thought it would be a huge surprise if he stayed all four years. However I think he will at least finish out his junior season. Based on his past history (staying in juniors) it seems like he has a good idea of when he is ready to make the jump. If he makes improvements over last seasons play it would hard to see him be at NHC on what would be his senior night. I hope I'm wrong though.

It's going to be a long off season this year thinking about the potential we have next year.

Comment

(Zabs; last time we recruit a **** Sconnie!).
          You just picked the wrong ones to recruit. We've been pretty happy with Condon and with Kessel - and Kessel's sister on the women's team.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
            You just picked the wrong ones to recruit. We've been pretty happy with Condon and with Kessel - and Kessel's sister on the women's team.
            Kessel was a good one, but you guys can have Broken Condom, he only seems to score shorties, and except for fantasy hockey owners, who needs that?

"UND/DU will realize that their party sucks, because the easterners only want to drink Zima." - BPH

"It is too bad that aaron marvin was a senior so he can't go after the rest of the sioux". - bigblue_dl

Comment

Kessel was a good one, but you guys can have Broken Condom, he only seems to score shorties, and except for fantasy hockey owners, who needs that?
              He's a sophomore! His speed makes him dangerous all the time and we'll take his 12 goals, 30 points on the third line. I wager you'd love to have a third line wing who got you 30 points.

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                He's a sophomore! His speed makes him dangerous all the time and we'll take his 12 goals, 30 points on the third line. I wager you'd love to have a third line wing who got you 30 points.
                Yes, just not him.

Comment

Yeah, cuz the 4 shorties count less than the 7 others. And clearly 19 assists, 30 points total (13 on the road in the WCHA btw and 3 in the regional) with only 10 PIM is terrible for a 3rd liner. The Jan is strong with this one.

Comment

Slap shot, Goldy: Dont screw this up, I am cheering for the Gophers in the Frozen Four, and am enjoying a Mn sports team having some success. Dont ruin it for me before the game, I dont want to have to go back to hating the Gopher Hockey team before I have to.
                    SCSU!

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                      Yeah, cuz the 4 shorties count less than the 7 others. And clearly 19 assists, 30 points total (13 on the road in the WCHA btw and 3 in the regional) with only 10 PIM is terrible for a 3rd liner. The Jan is strong with this one.
                      Why does what line he is on matter? Your coach is the one who put him there. Also, isn't Condon on one of the power play lines?

Either way, we are happy for you that you got a good player out of Wisconsin. Not sure we were ever in the running for Condon.
                      Originally posted by SJHovey
                      Pretty sure this post, made on January 3, 2016, when UNO was 14-3-1 and #2 in the pairwise, will go down in USCHO lore as The Curse of Tipsy McStagger.
                      Originally posted by Brenthoven
                      We mourn for days after a loss, puff out our chests for a week or more after we win. We brave the cold for tailgates, our friends know not to ask about the game after a tough loss, we laugh, we cry, we BLEED hockey, specifically the maroon'n'gold. Many of us have a tattoo waiting in the wings, WHEN (not IF) the Gophers are champions again.

Comment

Whoosh...

Comment

Originally posted by Tipsy McStagger View Post
                          Why does what line he is on matter?
                          Originally posted by Husky4Life View Post
                          Slap shot, Goldy: Dont screw this up, I am cheering for the Gophers in the Frozen Four, and am enjoying a Mn sports team having some success. Dont ruin it for me before the game, I dont want to have to go back to hating the Gopher Hockey team before I have to.
                          To both of you - 30 points on the 3rd line is nothing to sneeze at and he scored some big goals this year. Please note that nothing I said was a shot at SCSU for not landing him. That happens to every program. I just did't get knocking Condon.

I'll leave it at that.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                            To both of you - 30 points on the 3rd line is nothing to sneeze at and he scored some big goals this year. Please note that nothing I said was a shot at SCSU for not landing him. That happens to every program. I just did't get knocking Condon.

I'll leave it at that.
                            What he said.

Just making a joke that you guys just didn't get the right sconnies.

Comment

And seeing as I was the one who said it, obviously I was being serious. You guys gonna be this much fun all offseason?

We would have loved Broken Condom... Until he put on Maroon and Gold. Now you can have him

Comment

Working...
                              X