Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Maine - the Golfing Season

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
    When did I say he doesn't have a good career ahead of him in the pros? Pro athletes only have a few short years to make their mark (and money), so he'd be crazy not to take advantage of every possible year. As far as a degree, he can get that whenever he wants. He can't play pro hockey whenever he wants, as the window will be shut in just a few short years. You desperately want him to stay, so you are not looking at it from his point of view, you are looking at it from yours.
    Carlton...I remember you from the posts after the BU semi game. You had absolutely NOTHING good to say about Joe and basically threw him under the bus for his disgusting behavior/penalties-remember?
    It sounds to me like you're trying to encourage him to sign-what do you have a Soph. or Jr. you're trying to protect by getting rid of Joe? You're blowing a lot of smoke........................

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper View Post
      Diamond is far to small for the type of game he plays at the NHL level.
      That's what I'm thinking.

Little guys like Gionta and The Gerbil can thrive in the NHL due to foot-speed and hands, but it's hard to imaging Joey parking his ashcan in the low crease and expecting to stay on the puck at that level.

Comment

Originally posted by bkbrkrbr View Post
        Carlton...I remember you from the posts after the BU semi game. You had absolutely NOTHING good to say about Joe and basically threw him under the bus for his disgusting behavior/penalties-remember?
        It sounds to me like you're trying to encourage him to sign-what do you have a Soph. or Jr. you're trying to protect by getting rid of Joe? You're blowing a lot of smoke........................
        I said he was a dirty player and I still do; but what does that have to do with whether he should go pro or not? Again, I never said he wasn't skilled, just that he's a goon.

Comment

Carlton has nothing good to say about any player,unless they don the maroon and yellow...hes a dope...lol

Comment

To be fair, just about everyone says that after every one of his games except people from Vacationland ("you'd love to have him on your team", "he's misunderstood", etc.).

Anyway, I think the point is valid given his age. I didn't realize he was that old. He's healthy, he's getting up there, a lot of guys in this position seem to leave school early. There must be a reason for it. Diamond is great at collecting pucks around the net and burying them. That real estate is even tougher to navigate in the pros so I think it's going to be tough for him with his type of game and size but he has plenty of skill to give it a shot. Never say never about any guys and the NHL; there are always surprises out there.

Lastly, are you really insinuating that Joey Diamond would read this board and be persuaded to sign or not sign a pro contract based on what fans think? Or do you think that Carlton is his agent or a family member with close ties to Diamond?
            Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
            The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio View Post
              To be fair, just about everyone says that after every one of his games except people from Vacationland ("you'd love to have him on your team", "he's misunderstood", etc.).

Anyway, I think the point is valid given his age. I didn't realize he was that old. He's healthy, he's getting up there, a lot of guys in this position seem to leave school early. There must be a reason for it. Diamond is great at collecting pucks around the net and burying them. That real estate is even tougher to navigate in the pros so I think it's going to be tough for him with his type of game and size but he has plenty of skill to give it a shot. Never say never about any guys and the NHL; there are always surprises out there.

Lastly, are you really insinuating that Joey Diamond would read this board and be persuaded to sign or not sign a pro contract based on what fans think? Or do you think that Carlton is his agent or a family member with close ties to Diamond?
              I think Carlton spends way too much time sniffing Joey's jockstrap.
              sure why not

Comment

Originally posted by all bear View Post
                I think Carlton spends way too much time sniffing Joey's jockstrap.
                Ouch...that's nasty. I'm not a Carlton fan but there's no need to stoop.
                To Carlton, if I'm going to stand up for you again, you have to get this;
                You will never understand the grit and determination Joe plays with.
                I think they call it loyal, tough, Long Island pride and as long as he plays for us, I'll love him.

Comment

So what are the chances that #39 stays another season at Maine..? 50/50..? Less..? And to add to that will Devin Shore be in Maine come this Fall..?

Comment

Dear University of Maine: Thank you for your hospitality back in January when we visited Orono for a 2-game series. We lost both games to you, and it was a LONG ride south on Route 95 back to Boston afterward. It was a quiet ride, too, as we decided right then and there that these would be the last games we'd ever lose this year. Thank you.

Your fellow Hockey East friends, The BC Eagles
                    Chris V
                    Nexton (Summerville) South Carolina

Comment

I hope that THIS BC team wins it........probably one of the most likable BC teams........they are like a well-oiled machine. I also like Jerry York as much as that pains me to say. Much rather see him hoisting the banner than Satan down the road.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                        I hope that THIS BC team wins it........probably one of the most likable BC teams........they are like a well-oiled machine. I also like Jerry York as much as that pains me to say. Much rather see him hoisting the banner than Satan down the road.
                        Ugh! I hate to agree with you.....but I do. This BC team is one of the best teams I've seen ever. Even tho it's BC, I encourage everyone to enjoy their coronation Sat. night because I don't think you'll see a team like this for a while....if ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                          Ugh! I hate to agree with you.....but I do. This BC team is one of the best teams I've seen ever. Even tho it's BC, I encourage everyone to enjoy their coronation Sat. night because I don't think you'll see a team like this for a while....if ever.
                          Whats not to like, great skill, teamwork, perpetual motion from all the players, a goalie wwho is in Jimmy Howard zone. Watch the first goal last night , **** watch any of them, everyone else is playing for 2nd
                          I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

I like this BC team but if I'm being perfectly honest they were better last year. Added what Goudreau and took away Jimmy Hayes and Cam Atkinson?? THAT was a stacked team.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
                            43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
                            104-47-14 (.669) in that time
                            3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

Spencer Named as 1st Team All American (East)

Comment

Originally posted by BoSox3066 View Post
                                I like this BC team but if I'm being perfectly honest they were better last year. Added what Goudreau and took away Jimmy Hayes and Cam Atkinson?? THAT was a stacked team.
                                Not to mention Brian Gibbons who had 51 pts last year!!

The thing is that BC always loses top players, but then the younger guys end up being the top guys the next year, such as Almeida going from 8 to 22 goals, Kreider from 15 to 24, Whitney from 6 to 14, etc, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X