Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Wolverines: 2012-2013 Season thread!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines: 2012-2013 Season thread!!!!!!!

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
    We have our very own going down the tubes thread. It's fun to see how much everyone hates us, and to encourage them.

Anyway, State comes to town this weekend. Game is at 6:35 ? Why? Sadly, this is the last home game with students (We host Ferris during Spring Break).

Saturday's game at the Joe is at 4 pm.

2-1 against Sparty this season. With the one loss at Munn, where we gave up 7 goals. It seems like a fairly even match-up, though I think we are the better team. Here's hoping we can get some points this weekend.
    This should be a no-brainer. MSU is still grasping at straws and all but a couple upper-classmen seem to be pining for Spring Break, or worse - April. Should be a sweep by the rodents.

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
      This should be a no-brainer. MSU is still grasping at straws and all but a couple upper-classmen seem to be pining for Spring Break, or worse - April. Should be a sweep by the rodents.
      I don't know. Michigan has yet to win a game in February. This could get ugly. Besides, Michigan is going down the tubes.
      Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
      wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
      7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
        I don't know. Michigan has yet to win a game in February. This could get ugly. Besides, Michigan is going down the tubes.
        So what you are both trying to say is that we are going to need a bigger plunger.

Comment

I would recommend galoshes.

Comment

6'5" defenseman Kevin Lohan of the Merritt Centennials has committed to Michigan:

http://bchl.ca/leagues/rosters_profi...layerID=933349
            The UNH Men's Hockey Blog

Comment

Here's the CCHA Rewind of the week. CCHA has the date wrong because according to the MSU media guide this actually happened January 23rd of '87 instead of December 3rd. MSU won the next night at Yost 2-1. As much as I hate the winged helmets, thank you for changing, because those white helmets are atrocious.

Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

We have our very own going down the tubes thread. It's fun to see how much everyone hates us, and to encourage them.
                Gandhi has his own going down the tubes thread. Don't think your special because of that.
                Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  Gandhi has his own going down the tubes thread. Don't think your special because of that.
                  I'm special because I know how to use you're and your. I wish that didn't make me special.

In other news, don't forget, tonight's game is at 6:30. BTN needs the 9 o'clock hour available to show wrestling.

Arenas visited:
                  7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Can't say that was the prettiest game ever, but the win was nice. The only thing I can say about their play was it was more emotional.

Boo looked good.

Nice surprise to see Rutledge play, he looked better. Not what we all expected in October, but certainly better than his actual play then.

Comment

My observation of the game was that Michigan played harder. They've been playing hard all year but things haven't been going their way. We miss our passes/shots and the few turnovers we have end up being goals (i.e. the turnover in our own zone tonight that led to the first sparty goal). Granted, our goal;-tending isn't what it should be but the goalie "shouldn't" be in that position in the first place. This was just a bad year and we don't know how to handle it. We've been spoiled by 22 years of great hockey. Next year will be interesting.

A weird idea that I just had but I don't even believe. With both sparty and Michigan blowing chunks this year could it be possible that both sparty and Michigan are tanking this season as a going away present? I don't think so either but I'm desperate for a reason, any reason...
                      Originally posted by alfablue
                      Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
                      Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
                      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                        Yeah, but Gandhi never lost to Holy Cross in the NCAA playoffs. Matter of fact, neither did we.

Nice sweep Blue, 40% of our wins are against State. At least we'll avoid the dungeon and the pimps from Marquette are below us, too.

Comment

Congrats on the first sweep of the season! The atmosphere in the joe was alot of fun!
                          Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

So after a looooong season, a weekend sweep of Spary isn't enough to bring out a lot of comments?

Sure, we didn't really look that good, but it's not as if everything is bad.

Rutledge did a lot better. No, the goals Saturday were not great, but at least we kept it to 2. Friday- same kind of thing. There were plenty of chances where he could have crumbled, but between him, the D blocking, and Sparty not really shooting- it was a general improvement. Even weekends like that do a lot to a person's mind. I would not be surprised to see him play the rest of the season.

Between Nieves and DuBlois- hard to say who had a better weekend. Man, they were all over the place. Part of that young movement that makes one optimistic for the future. With the lack of senior anything, the more they come out, the better we will be. Keep playing hard, and it's possible that you guys could be the starting line all except for the March 3 game.

No real comments about the D- with all due respect, Sparty just isn't that good to judge. BUT. It's possible that the mental part of a good weekend could improve. I have my doubts, but who knows anymore.

So right now, we are tied for 8th, but BG has two game in hand on us. One point out of 7th, and a safer position for home ice in the first round. 10 pts out of 5th, were we have the first weekend off, but also don't get to host. 6 games left or 18 points available. Will be an interesting finish at this point.

Comment

State has abysmal offense. So, the question is, did we play better, or is State that bad?

I agree with a lot of what alfa said. Good to get the weekend sweep, and a chance to sing "The Victors" in the locker room. It was nice to see Rutledge get the starts and the Ws. I'd expect to see him start next weekend.

Notre Dame coming up and they are currently in a slump. I think they've gone 1-7 recently? (too lazy to look it up). Will we be able to tie or even break our longest win streak of the season, or will we help ND snap break out of their slump?

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                              So right now, we are tied for 8th, but BG has two game in hand on us. One point out of 7th, and a safer position for home ice in the first round. 10 pts out of 5th, were we have the first weekend off, but also don't get to host. 6 games left or 18 points available. Will be an interesting finish at this point.
                              For me, one of the stranger things about being at the bottom of the conference is figuring out who to cheer for in the other games. I'm so used to cheering for the underdog as Michigan is usually in a fight at the top of the league. So now I'm supposed to cheer against BG, LSSU, and Northern so we can at least have 1st round home ice? Weird.

Arenas visited:

Comment

just remembered something- who was that announcing on Friday? not a voice I can place....

Comment

Working...
                                X