Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Wolverines: 2012-2013 Season thread!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Michigan Wolverines: 2012-2013 Season thread!!!!!!!

Home ice for sure. The others, maybe I suppose. Add coaching to the mix. Is Red slipping?
    B2
    It will only get better!

Comment

Last night it was goaltending. Tonight it may be something different, like defensive breakdowns. Look at it this way, Michigan got two early goals and held WMU off the PP, and scored one of their own. What stands out? Our goaltending stinks. I liked our effort and our physical play. I don't think they sacrificed their offense in this case- they pushed the offense all night. But our goaltending had to be better and it wasn't- and it cost us this game.

Comment

I don't understand how the popcorn machine could have caused the fire alarm. The popcorn I purchased last night tasted like it had sat around for a week.

Also, I'm sad that the Lunatics no longer "Walk the Dinosaur". That was the only good/unique tradition they had.

Michigan is playing/looking better. I'm trying to not get my hopes up.
        Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
        wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
        7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Originally posted by wolverineTrumpet View Post
          I don't understand how the popcorn machine could have caused the fire alarm. The popcorn I purchased last night tasted like it had sat around for a week.

Also, I'm sad that the Lunatics no longer "Walk the Dinosaur". That was the only good/unique tradition they had.

Michigan is playing/looking better. I'm trying to not get my hopes up.

Thank you for supporting Bronco Athletics with your concession purchase... Its popcorn... sorry Lawson doesn't have fillets like Yost....

Just throw that popcorn on the floor and WMU facility staff will SWEEP it up for you... in honor of a BRONCO SWEEP!
          Last edited by Lawson_lunatic27; 01-26-2013, 09:06 PM. Reason: Had to include the word SWEEP some how!
          Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

Originally posted by Lawson_lunatic27 View Post
            Thank you for supporting Bronco Athletics with your concession purchase... Its popcorn... sorry Lawson doesn't have fillets like Yost....

Just throw that popcorn on the floor and WMU facility staff will SWEEP it up for you... in honor of a BRONCO SWEEP!
            Facility or faculty? It is a MAC school...

Congratulations on sweeping us.
            Originally posted by alfablue
            Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
            Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
            I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post

Congratulations on being stereotypical.
              B2
              It will only get better!

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post

Thank you it feels good.... Congratulations on keeping us from the sweep for 20 years... Mich played a good series this weekend, you definitely made us earn the points.
                Whiney Ferris Knuckle-dragger:"You're exactly right, the WMU students & fans are out of control. The Lawson Lunatics are a bunch of wild animals with zero class or civility"

Comment

And the farewell tour continues. Not the farewell tour I expected though .

Michigan needs to and I think they will get the sweep against state. Even this year, they destroyed them at Yost and lit them up at JLA. I think they can get it. Michigan still knows how to beat their *** even in this disaster season.
                  ---
                  National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                  Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                  19 Conference Championships
                  10 Conference Tournament Championships
                  2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by BII View Post
                    Congratulations on being stereotypical.
                    I would have thought there would be a more snappy response than that. After all, first win at Lawson in ten years for the Broncos over Michigan, and first sweep since 1986. The year of firsts continues.

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                      And the farewell tour continues. Not the farewell tour I expected though .

Michigan needs to and I think they will get the sweep against state. Even this year, they destroyed them at Yost and lit them up at JLA. I think they can get it. Michigan still knows how to beat their *** even in this disaster season.
                      You assume too much. Like they actually care at this point.

There, I said it, team. Your play on the ice does not appear as if you care. IMHO, caring would imply that you work on areas that you are not good at- say Defense. Or even more basic than that- passing. But no, not only have they not improved, there has been serious sign of regression.

It was interesting to read Red calling out the team via the report on mgoblue- well, the upper class lack of leadership, that's for sure.

So back to my original sentance- I don't think the team really cares that the team this weekend is State. It's just another team. One they will fold to if a few easy goals are given up.

I really wished we did a good job for our last CCHA season. To be one of the big drivers gutting the leauge, and then leaving a pile of crap on the ice is not good.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
                        You assume too much. Like they actually care at this point.

There, I said it, team. Your play on the ice does not appear as if you care. IMHO, caring would imply that you work on areas that you are not good at- say Defense. Or even more basic than that- passing. But no, not only have they not improved, there has been serious sign of regression.

It was interesting to read Red calling out the team via the report on mgoblue- well, the upper class lack of leadership, that's for sure.

So back to my original sentance- I don't think the team really cares that the team this weekend is State. It's just another team. One they will fold to if a few easy goals are given up.

I really wished we did a good job for our last CCHA season. To be one of the big drivers gutting the leauge, and then leaving a pile of crap on the ice is not good.
                        The league and the other 10 members can kiss my ***. I'm more concerned about the future of Michigan Hockey. Red doesn't have much time left. If you look at him during games, he just looks old. And I've never said that before. There have been times when he isn't even coaching the team, his assistants are.

At this point, speculation is starting to build of who will be next in line.
                        ---
                        National Champions: 1948, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1955, 1956, 1964, 1996, 1998
                        Frozen Four: 1948, 1949, 1950, 1951, 1952, 1953, 1954, 1955, 1956, 1957, 1962, 1964, 1977, 1992, 1993, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2008, 2011, 2018
                        19 Conference Championships
                        10 Conference Tournament Championships
                        2 Hobey Baker Winners

@UMichWD on Twitter

Comment

Originally posted by MGoBlueHockey View Post
                          The league and the other 10 members can kiss my ***. I'm more concerned about the future of Michigan Hockey. Red doesn't have much time left. If you look at him during games, he just looks old. And I've never said that before. There have been times when he isn't even coaching the team, his assistants are.

At this point, speculation is starting to build of who will be next in line.
                          Considering how many great coaches had teams that didn't make the tournament over the last 20 years, I'm happy to give Red a few mulligans. Just 2 seasons ago, a late game shorthaned 2-1 almsot won a national championship. This kind of BS has happened on previous teams- except the talent was capable of winning enough.

I'm not really worried about who is next in line.

And having watched college hockey for the last 23 years, I DO give a crap about the other teams in the CCHA. I'm sure it's hated in your little mind, but the CCHA cup is called the Mason Cup for a reason, and it's worth it.

also- don't pretend that you are the only one who cares about the future. Or that it concerns you more than the CCHA. Grow up a little.

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post

While obviously going out on a high note is what UM fans hope for, I just don't get the idea that Michigan was gutting the league. Unless I missed something, wasn't Red pretty agnostic about the B1G hockey conference? I wish things had played out very differently than they ended up once PSU got the go-ahead on D1 hockey, but I still maintain it was understandable that B1G teams would want to compete under the B1G banner. Especially taking into consideration the TV developments over the last few years. I still believe the WCHA and the CCHA could have been OK going forward, certainly no worse than the nWCHA and the NCHC are going to fare.

Comment

Originally posted by IrishHockeyFan View Post
                              While obviously going out on a high note is what UM fans hope for, I just don't get the idea that Michigan was gutting the league. Unless I missed something, wasn't Red pretty agnostic about the B1G hockey conference? I wish things had played out very differently than they ended up once PSU got the go-ahead on D1 hockey, but I still maintain it was understandable that B1G teams would want to compete under the B1G banner. Especially taking into consideration the TV developments over the last few years. I still believe the WCHA and the CCHA could have been OK going forward, certainly no worse than the nWCHA and the NCHC are going to fare.
                              It all started with the B1G forming for hockey, and Michigan is in the B1G. Therefore we were part of the start to gut the CCHA.

It would be worse if we were a founding member on top of that. So at least OSU is doing ok.
                              Last edited by alfablue; 01-28-2013, 01:43 PM.

Comment

We have our very own going down the tubes thread. It's fun to see how much everyone hates us, and to encourage them.

Anyway, State comes to town this weekend. Game is at 6:35 ? Why? Sadly, this is the last home game with students (We host Ferris during Spring Break).

Saturday's game at the Joe is at 4 pm.

2-1 against Sparty this season. With the one loss at Munn, where we gave up 7 goals. It seems like a fairly even match-up, though I think we are the better team. Here's hoping we can get some points this weekend.
                                Originally posted by West Texas Wolverine
                                wT, your wisdom is as boundless as the volume of your cheering.

Arenas visited:
                                7 B1G, 7 CCHA (all except St Thomas), 6 NCH (UNO, NoDak, DU, Miami, SCSU, WMU), 5 Hockey East (BU, BC, UNH, Lowell, Vermont), 5 ECAC (RPI, Union, Dartmouth, St. Lawrence, Clarkson), 2 AHA (Mercyhurst, RIT), 2 Alaskan

Comment

Working...
                                X