PDA

View Full Version : Michigan Wolverines: 2012-2013 Season thread!!!!!!!

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 [26] 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39

MeridianStreet
01-14-2013, 10:06 AM
I can't believe I'm asking this question but here it goes-

Who would Michigan go after should Red retire? I'm guessing Mel Pearson would be the #1, and then maybe Jeff Blashill as a #2?

Rico Blasi

wolverineTrumpet
01-14-2013, 12:30 PM
Rico Blasi
No.

Did you say that just to make me as angry as possible?

a) Rico has a good thing going at Miami (as much as I hate to admit it). And I imagine it's hard to get someone away from their alma mater...which makes me wonder if Mel will be a possibility.
b) I will rage quit being a Michigan fan so fast if Rico was hired. Heck, I'm probably 1/3 of the way to quitting thanks to Pizza Dave trying to add a "wow factor" and make Michigan athletics more like the pros. Thanks but I'm a college fan because of the tradition, bands, students, fans and atmosphere that make it different from the pros.

PGB
01-14-2013, 12:46 PM
Michigan hired Bo Schembechler away form his alma mater. Just saying...

No.

Did you say that just to make me as angry as possible?

a) Rico has a good thing going at Miami (as much as I hate to admit it). And I imagine it's hard to get someone away from their alma mater...which makes me wonder if Mel will be a possibility.
b) I will rage quit being a Michigan fan so fast if Rico was hired. Heck, I'm probably 1/3 of the way to quitting thanks to Pizza Dave trying to add a "wow factor" and make Michigan athletics more like the pros. Thanks but I'm a college fan because of the tradition, bands, students, fans and atmosphere that make it different from the pros.

Hockeybuckeye
01-14-2013, 04:38 PM
Rico BlasiThat is too funny!

UMICH
01-15-2013, 02:33 AM
Rico Blasi

I'm with wT on this one, NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Hockeybuckeye
01-15-2013, 06:34 AM
Learn the lessons and mistakes made from football with Rich Rod, NEVER go outside the UM family when choosing a coach.

Arpod
01-15-2013, 07:39 AM
I can't believe I'm asking this question but here it goes-

Who would Michigan go after should Red retire? I'm guessing Mel Pearson would be the #1, and then maybe Jeff Blashill as a #2?

Mike Babcock (heard it from a U of M athletics insider...). Not sure they would get him, but intriguing nontheless.

UMICH
01-16-2013, 06:10 PM
Mike Babcock (heard it from a U of M athletics insider...). Not sure they would get him, but intriguing nontheless.

I've heard that too, stemming back a couple of years. Babcock has been to a lot of Michigan games over the last few years too. This year with the lock-out you'd think nothing of it but the two years prior he was also there several times. I personally can't see it but what do I know?

alfablue
01-17-2013, 06:41 AM
Babcock has been to a lot of Michigan games over the last few years too.

His daughter goes to school at UM, and is a hockey fan. Well, I assume she is, based on the fact that they met at Yost instead of somewhere else in AA (seeing how they greeted each other).

Could be rumors based on Babcock being seen around campus more than one would be used to. One can hope, certainly.

UMICH
01-18-2013, 08:50 PM
His daughter goes to school at UM, and is a hockey fan. Well, I assume she is, based on the fact that they met at Yost instead of somewhere else in AA (seeing how they greeted each other).

Could be rumors based on Babcock being seen around campus more than one would be used to. One can hope, certainly.

I was not aware of that, however it was 2010 when I first heard that "rumor". What year is Babcock's daughter?

Hey, we got a win tonight!

LSSULaker889294
01-18-2013, 11:28 PM
You guys looked really good tonight, but Janecyk I thought was really shaky. Two of the goals I thought he gave up were pretty weak.

streaker
01-19-2013, 07:41 AM
You guys looked really good tonight, but Janecyk I thought was really shaky. Two of the goals I thought he gave up were pretty weak.

Story of the season as far as goaltending. Otherwise... I don't know what "really good" is when you give up four goals. At least the offense showed up for one game. Strange anomaly considering how good LSSU has been at home.

alfablue
01-19-2013, 08:28 AM
I was not aware of that, however it was 2010 when I first heard that "rumor". What year is Babcock's daughter?

Hey, we got a win tonight!

No, I don't know. But I seem to think that he's been at games for a few years. He's one of the more obvious VIP's that hang out on the letterman landing. Especially when there's a real hockey season going on.

bluevox
01-19-2013, 08:46 AM
wT, did you make the trip? What is your take on how they looked?

UMICH
01-19-2013, 08:17 PM
A sweep would be nice, doesn't look too likely though.

UMICH
01-19-2013, 08:29 PM
Well, Michigan lost 3-2 tonight to Lake State. It's pretty bad, but it could be worse. We could be sparty...

alfablue
01-20-2013, 01:03 PM
Well, the one game winning streak did end a losing streak.

Just got to get through this season, now.

Biddco
01-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Well, Michigan lost 3-2 tonight to Lake State. It's pretty bad, but it could be worse. We could be sparty...You're right, then you'd be in last place in the CCHA...

Spartanforlife4
01-20-2013, 02:30 PM
Well, Michigan lost 3-2 tonight to Lake State. It's pretty bad, but it could be worse. We could be sparty...

Ordinarily that would be a good insult, but since winning some shootouts is the sole reason you guys are ahead of us, it kinda loses its punch.

Depending on how you guys do in Kalamazoo this weekend, there's a good chance the Yost/JLA series will be a battle to stay out of last. Who would've thunk that would be the case coming into the season.

wolverineTrumpet
01-20-2013, 07:09 PM
wT, did you make the trip? What is your take on how they looked?
I did make the trip but only for Saturday night. LSSU's second goal was one that Janey would want back. There were stretches where it looked like what I consider "Michigan hockey". Good puck control, good pressure, cycling the puck. It showed some promise. Part of that may just be that LSSU gives up a lot of shots on goal. There were also a lot of big rebounds off Janey where a better opponent would have been in position to knock those in.

Ordinarily that would be a good insult, but since winning some shootouts is the sole reason you guys are ahead of us, it kinda loses its punch.

Depending on how you guys do in Kalamazoo this weekend, there's a good chance the Yost/JLA series will be a battle to stay out of last. Who would've thunk that would be the case coming into the season.
That's depressing.