Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Michigan Wolverines: 2012-2013 Season thread!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    I would take Guentzel over Person.

I respect your opinion but don't you think that Mel already knows the program/traditions that is UM Hockey.
    Originally posted by alfablue
    Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
    Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
    I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hammer View Post
      Per Mgoblog, Jon Merrill to return.
      Sweet, next season just might be special (if goal-tending holds up). Go Blue!
      I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

• Re: Michigan Wolverines: 2012-2013 Season thread!!!!!!!

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
        Sweet, next season just might be special (if goal-tending holds up). Go Blue!
        Somebody says that every year. sometimes it's true, sometimes it's not.

As long as I see them improve, and play hard, I'll be happy.

Comment

Here is the Detroit News' report on Merrill:

http://www.detroitnews.com/article/2...0201/207300431

Comment

Originally posted by alfablue View Post
            Somebody says that every year. sometimes it's true, sometimes it's not.

As long as I see them improve, and play hard, I'll be happy.
            True, can't argue with that but considering the studs that we allegedly have coming in along with Merrill, PDG, Moffat, and Sparks (I'm looking for big things from both Moffatt and Sparks next season); our Goalie, if good, can take us back to the promised land.

Comment

Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              True, can't argue with that but considering the studs that we allegedly have coming in along with Merrill, PDG, Moffat, and Sparks (I'm looking for big things from both Moffatt and Sparks next season); our Goalie, if good, can take us back to the promised land.
              Expectations can be a *****. Everyone you list showed moments of greatness. But it was not sustaining. Merrill being the most dissapointing of them all.

We will see.

Comment

Expectations can be a *****. Everyone you list showed moments of greatness. But it was not sustaining. Merrill being the most dissapointing of them all.

We will see.
                That is so true. If you want offense from this team, look to Treais, Guptill and PDG. You can't expect much from freshmen, but maybe Nieves will contribute.

Sparks literally dissapeared after the GLI. He got benched several times and the only time I noticed him in the second half of the season is when he took a dumb penalty at Notre Dame.

PDG hit the wall after he returned from the WJT tryouts. I suspect he is adding some weight so he can stay on his skates better against more mature opponents. He had a good year last season but faded.

Moffatt is another one of those guys that was suppose to pot 20-25 goals a season and struggles to earn 25 points a season. Time is running out on his potential.

The rest of the guys are grinders or play like it-and the other freshmen are unknowns.

On defense, Merrill was a pylon the last ten games. If he has matured any, and I think he has, he should be the type of steady influence this team will need. The offense will still be inconsistent and they won't have Hunwick to bail them out of games where they either 1) don't score 2) give up 50 shots or 3) both.

I am concerned more about our defense which is suppose to be a strength-arguably missing their best d-man last season to graduation. Merrill and Trouba are penciled in, yet the freshman is still going to have his moments. Beyond that you have Moffie, Bennett, Clare, Chiasson, Serville and Szuma. The top four are set, with Clare the probable 5th, and Serville/Chiasson rotating. Szuma is a hard working kid, but is going to be relegated to street clothes unless there are injuries. None of them, outside of Merrill, are lock down types and none of them are overly physical. Count on Bennett and Moffie to contribute to the offense like last season.

The goaltending is a combination of a little used backup junior, a RS sophomore who saw no time and two freshmen- with one- Rutledge- who played for the US18 team and is in line take the starting role.

Overall, this is not a vintage Red team. Losing Brownie was a real dagger in size, skill and leadership. Losing Carrick is an unknown quantity, but for the most part, he was going to be a solid collegiate player but nothing more. Rumor was that Red was trying to move him up to forward considering the logjam at defense and he didn't buy into it. The problem, as our excellent hockey blogger Tim from Yostbuilt suggested, is that we still lose a schollie and didn't have time to backfill Carrick's loss with an equally recruitable talent that actually may have wanted to come to Michigan but was pushed off someplace else. The logic of him bolting for Plymouth gives me brainfreeze, especially when we know that the OHL is not overtly better than collegiate hockey. The Whale have now started to use the "you can play here and still attend Michigan card" like with Czarnik. That bit is old.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker View Post
                  TPDG hit the wall after he returned from the WJT tryouts. I suspect he is adding some weight so he can stay on his skates better against more mature opponents. He had a good year last season but faded.
                  Ain't THAT the truth! However it is not unusual for a freshman. I think it has more to do with the length of the college season - think about it - 6 months - than being due to his weight. I think they just wear down. I don't know that more weight will resolve that but it will help win the battles along the boards.
                  Section 3 (formerly 6, before that "F")
                  Row 1
                  Seats 6 & 7
                  Same seats since '93 - at the blue line on the glass

9 NCAA Titles: '48, '51, '52, '53, '55, ''56, '64, '96, '98

Comment

We will see.
                    True but I'm not "expecting" rather hoping. If 2010 taught me anything it is that all things are possible through Michigan Hockey. I'm looking at the experience coming back and hoping that things go our way. Granted, there isn't a ton of experience but there is some.

Comment

It's coming along...

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater

Comment

The following is the text of an email I received from the Athletic Dept. yesterday. After what I just went through with the basketball reseating I shudder to think what the news will be.

Next week you will be receiving your season ticket renewal for the 2012-13 Michigan Hockey season.

This past April, we communicated to you that due to the installation of new seats and the addition of new ADA seating, most Season Ticket Holders will have new assigned seats for the upcoming season. Additionally, all sections in the arena have now been re-numbered. The mailing you receive next week will contain your invoice as well as an updated Yost Seating Chart to let you know where your new seats are located.

As a reminder, seat locations were assigned based on where you sat last year. Our goal was to provide you with seats as close as possible to the same viewing experience that you had previously to make your seating transition as seamless as possible and we worked hard over the summer to do just that. Please note, due to the loss of seats with the renovation and with our goal of getting you as comparable a location as possible as last season, we will not be able to adjust your seating location this season.
                        Row 1
                        Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                          The following is the text of an email I received from the Athletic Dept. yesterday. After what I just went through with the basketball reseating I shudder to think what the news will be.

Next week you will be receiving your season ticket renewal for the 2012-13 Michigan Hockey season.

This past April, we communicated to you that due to the installation of new seats and the addition of new ADA seating, most Season Ticket Holders will have new assigned seats for the upcoming season. Additionally, all sections in the arena have now been re-numbered. The mailing you receive next week will contain your invoice as well as an updated Yost Seating Chart to let you know where your new seats are located.

As a reminder, seat locations were assigned based on where you sat last year. Our goal was to provide you with seats as close as possible to the same viewing experience that you had previously to make your seating transition as seamless as possible and we worked hard over the summer to do just that. Please note, due to the loss of seats with the renovation and with our goal of getting you as comparable a location as possible as last season, we will not be able to adjust your seating location this season.
                          The renewal arrived early - today (Saturday) instead of "Next week". Until I get inside and see the actual seats it APPEARS I got my old ones back. What used to be the upper numbered seats in Sect. 6 and the lower numbered seats in Sect. 7 are now called Sect. 3. I had 6/11&12. I now have 3/6&7 in the same row.

By the new chart it appears the entrance is now behind the penalty box instead of next to it.

Sideline seats are $525 this year.
                          Row 1
                          Seats 6 & 7

Comment

Got our application today, too. Had a little moment- as we were told that we would get our seats, since the north end would not be touched. Section 26... WHAT? But same row and same seats, thankfully, the map was there- the old section 10 is now called 26. So we got the same seats. And a nice letter from the captains.

Comment

Renewed today, got the same section, row, seat. Price about the same as last season, too.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeZ View Post
                                Sideline seats are $525 this year.
                                I'm butting in here, but is this for one season ticket?
                                "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Working...
                                X