Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU-EL @ Offseason - 3/23 (On Second Thought, Let's Not Go To Tampa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MSU-EL @ Offseason - 3/23 (On Second Thought, Let's Not Go To Tampa)

Can't play a forward down for 3/4 of the game and expect to win. Another good 3rd period, but it wasn't enough.

State loses *35% of its scoring but gets a beefier defensive corps next season.

*or 45%, depending on whether wots is right and we have to look for a new "C".

Re: MSU-EL @ Offseason - 3/23 (On Second Thought, Let's Not Go To Tampa)

If Krug comes back, this team is going to be an underrated squad that can be pretty tough. If not .....
    Infrequent poster, frequent reader.

Comment

I absolutely expect Krug to make the jump. I would love if he didn't but i can't blame him as it would be well deserved.

Comment

Did anyone else notice that with about 5:30 left in the Cornell - umaa game last night, the Brainiacs played the MSU fight song? Brilliant - up to the point where it seemed to rile the - - - and they tied the game.

Comment

Krug to the Bruins. Figuratively speaking, big skates to fill. A press conference is scheduled for Sunday at noon.

Can't really say that I'm surprised. But our defense for next year... umm. Well, suddenly the Boyd and Gatt transfers start looking pretty big now.
          Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
          66 - 86 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
          59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

Originally posted by aallenpollreisz View Post
            Krug to the Bruins. Figuratively speaking, big skates to fill. A press conference is scheduled for Sunday at noon.

Can't really say that I'm surprised. But our defense for next year... umm. Well, suddenly the Boyd and Gatt transfers start looking pretty big now.
            I can't really even be bummed out. While it'd be better for MSU, i think it'd be a mistake for him NOT to go. He's as ready as he'll ever be, i think.

Comment

I'm going to be interested to see if folks get ****ed at Tory leaving early like they did with Grant?
              "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
                I'm going to be interested to see if folks get ****ed at Tory leaving early like they did with Grant?
                They shouldn't. Torey's definitely ready and i can't imagine him improving that much on his play by staying another year in college. He's already one of the best skating/offensive defensemen in the nation and it's not like he's suddenly gonna shoot up to 6'0" tall by playing his senior year.

Grant was definitely premature and was a bummer because he definitely would have benefited from staying another year and was a pretty decent sized blow to our offensive depth and production.

Comment

I have to disagree in that I don't think any fan is able to judge who is ready and who isn't. That is up to the pro teams and the player. And, I would say losing Krug is a big blow to both the defensive AND offensive production. Don't get me wrong, it is a good thing for Tory, and because Grant had played under the grand teaching style of Rick Comely, it was good for him too. If Anastos had been the coach for Grant he might have stayed another year. (see how much Leveille grew under the previous coach, and if he hadn't hurt his knee would have been gone too)

The point I want to make is that it's either good, or it's bad, regardless. I know some are still ****ed that Grant left and yet will be happy for Krug. That makes no sense to me.
                  "Those who think they know it all usually know less than those who listen and learn."

Comment

Originally posted by Nevergoodenough View Post
                    I have to disagree in that I don't think any fan is able to judge who is ready and who isn't. That is up to the pro teams and the player. And, I would say losing Krug is a big blow to both the defensive AND offensive production. Don't get me wrong, it is a good thing for Tory, and because Grant had played under the grand teaching style of Rick Comely, it was good for him too. If Anastos had been the coach for Grant he might have stayed another year. (see how much Leveille grew under the previous coach, and if he hadn't hurt his knee would have been gone too)

The point I want to make is that it's either good, or it's bad, regardless. I know some are still ****ed that Grant left and yet will be happy for Krug. That makes no sense to me.
                    Well players leaving early are never good for the college team but it's just my opinion that Krug is ready, Grant was not as ready. I guess i can't say Grant was totally not ready because I don't know what he has done since he left but I felt like he needed another year. Torey, I think does not need another year. Both of them leaving ultimately hurts MSU but i think Krug is making the right decision for himself whereas some other players in the past were a little too eager to be a pro and it probably hurt them in the end.

Comment

Last post on the topic, promise: it's not the fan's place to say who is ready and who isn't because few know the players well enough to know what is going on. I have never seen a fan ***** when a player is released, even when said player does well at another school. Some are happy when their hero accepts an offer, but let a blue-collar guy take an offer and it's terrible. Maybe school in general, or college in particular just doesn't work for them. Maybe they have a personal reason to get away.

These are people, young men actually.

Ok I'm done. It was a great turn-around season and I hope it just gets better. I'll be watching with great interest.

Comment

http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...cmpid=rss-News

Outstanding career. Can't blame him for jumping at this opportunity.

Comment

Originally posted by totalx View Post
                          http://bruins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?...cmpid=rss-News

Outstanding career. Can't blame him for jumping at this opportunity.
                          He's been receiving offers for two seasons running now - this one's an organization he just couldn't turn down.

Comment

Random thought: We may have seen Alaska for the last time at Munn. Unless we play them four times next year it's our turn to go on the road. That means heading to Fairbanks to face Destructive Space Bear.
                            Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Is that for sure? Don't they shuffle the schedules every two years or something due to the odd number of teams?

Comment

Working...
                              X