Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MSU-EL @ Offseason - 3/23 (On Second Thought, Let's Not Go To Tampa)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was mildly surprised to see Macheachern go 4 rounds before Deblouw esp. with a good combine showing for the latter.
    3rd round: Maceachern, Draeger
    4th round: Holland
    7th round: Deblouw

Comment

Re: MSU-EL @ Offseason - 3/23 (On Second Thought, Let's Not Go To Tampa)

Originally posted by owslachief View Post
      Was mildly surprised to see Macheachern go 4 rounds before Deblouw esp. with a good combine showing for the latter.
      3rd round: Maceachern, Draeger
      4th round: Holland
      7th round: Deblouw
      Well, no matter what it's always good to see that we are bringing in talented players.

Anyways, I was checking out this site for some reason and it has what appears to be a fully up to date roster for next year. What i found interesting is that it lists RJ Boyd, Joe Cox and Bob Pond. Did we get these guys in the fold or is this roster just going off of old anticipation?

http://www.collegehockeynews.com/rep...ster.php?td=32

Bob Pond sounds like a name from the 70's or 80's or something.

Also i noticed that at least according to this place, we no longer have a game against a canadian school. I thought we were playing windsor or something? Are we just going straight into the Minnesota series?

Comment

http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...062812aaa.html

YES! It's a good day to be a Spartan Hockey fan. The script is back.

Comment

New unis for this season. First glance: big improvement, especially the aways. The script is incredible though, if I'm not mistaken those are throwbacks to the '84 team?

UPDATE: Per The Twitter, Anastos himself is reporting black pants with a white stripe for the regulars, and green pants with a white stripe for the throwbacks.
          *****http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/msu/graphics/reg-jerseys-m-ice.jpg******
          *****http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/msu/graphics/third-jerseys-m-ice.jpg******
          Last edited by Spartanforlife4; 06-28-2012, 04:17 PM.
          Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Originally posted by Spartanforlife4 View Post
            New unis for this season. First glance: big improvement, especially the aways. The script is incredible though, if I'm not mistaken those are throwbacks to the '84 team?

UPDATE: Per The Twitter, Anastos himself is reporting black pants with a white stripe for the regulars, and green pants with a white stripe for the throwbacks.
            *****http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/msu/graphics/reg-jerseys-m-ice.jpg******
            *****http://grfx.cstv.com/schools/msu/graphics/third-jerseys-m-ice.jpg******
            Man, everything about these throwbacks are amazing right down to the green pants. It says that the first time they will be worn will be at the GLI but i really hope they bring them out earlier than that. At least wear them a lot after the GLI, maybe?

The new ones are a big improvement as well. I really was not a fan of our current home or away jerseys.

And that script just looks sooooooo MSU hockey. It will be good to see it in action again.

Comment

Very happy with the throwback third and fourth sweaters. And the new everyday sweaters aren't too bad, either.

Kind of wish the throwbacks were MSU's everyday competition sweaters, but, well... oh well. I'm pretty happy with what Nike came up with here.
              Michigan State University Spartan Hockey
              66 - 86 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 84 - 86 - 87 - 89 - 92 - 99 - 01 - 07
              59 - 66 - 67 - 82 - 83 - 84 - 85 - 86 - 87 - 88 - 89 - 90 - 92 - 94 - 95 - 96 - 97 - 98 - 99 - 00 - 01 - 02 - 04 - 06 - 07 - 08 - 12

Hey, I have this Twitter thing. Follow me here.

Comment

I had hoped for one thing more - it's pretty minor, and that's crossed hockey sticks behind the Spartan helmet on the shoulders. Definitely a winning group though. I didn't mind the bronze, but it certainly has no place with the throwback shade of green.

Comment

Lost another recruit. Justin Bailey signs with the Kitchner Rangers today. Made the announcement on his Twitter feed.

Comment

Originally posted by RegalFan View Post
                    Lost another recruit. Justin Bailey signs with the Kitchner Rangers today. Made the announcement on his Twitter feed.
                    But they added Cody Milan. All in all, not a terrible trade off.
                    Originally posted by dicaslover
                    Yep, you got it. I heart Maize.

Originally posted by Kristin
                    Maybe I'm missing something but you just asked me which MSU I go to and then you knew the theme of my homecoming, how do you know one and not the other?

Western College Hockey Blog

Comment

Originally posted by MaizeRage View Post
                      But they added Cody Milan. All in all, not a terrible trade off.
                      Correction: 53 points in 61 games, drafted by 3 junior leagues, and an All-Stater as a freshman. Yeah, this is a good get.
                      Last edited by owslachief; 07-24-2012, 03:19 PM.

Comment

Does anyone know when former Spartans in the pros began working out at Munn before the season? TIA

Comment

Pro camp was last week.
                          Alcohol, Tobacco & Firearms should be a convenience store, not a government agency!

Comment

Thanks. I was looking for the first year it occurred. I thought it started with Mason in the 1980's?

Comment

Thought i'd give this thread one of its final bumps.

Went and checked out a practice last week. Lots of new faces.

While most drills were mostly geared towards skating and passing, a few things jumped out at me. Now that the official roster has been released http://www.msuspartans.com/sports/m-...ockey-mtt.html, I can put some names to the numbers i remember seeing.

There were forward lines but from what i remember, the line of Hayes-Keller-Wood popped out. They all looked to be pretty quick and displayed some nice skill. I didn't know who the two freshman were at the time(keller and wood), but I thought they looked good out there. Of course, this was just with simple practice drills.

Ferrantino looks like a very similar player to Greg Wolfe, if just shorter. Looks to have some pretty decent skill and I wouldn't be surprised if he developed in a similar fashion to Wolfe.

Speaking of Wolfe, he looks to be the captain. He was leading stretching and seemed to be the most vocal.

I didn't get much of a read on the defensemen. Usually it takes some game situations to get a decent idea of how they play.

I thought they seemed sharp, though. Passing seemed more on the tape and accurate than last year, but I could be just imagining that.
                              Last edited by Pirateasaurus; 09-26-2012, 07:22 PM.

Comment

The student section will now be called The A-Team. Meh.
                                Go Green! Go White! Go State!

1966, 1986, 2007

Go Tigers, Go Packers, Go Red Wings, Go Pistons

Comment

Working...
                                X