2013 National Champions

Re: Ezac!!!!!!

Sweet!!!! Let's go Red!!!!!!

(And congratulations to Union)

Comment

Still sucks. Next?

(c) tArrogance
      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Beating crappy teams from Michigan is hardly impressive.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Congrats on a couple wins, but it's going to take more than a pair of 1st round wins to earn the: "Who's Bad Now?!" approach.

Sending 1 team to Tampa would be a start. The ECAC hasn't had a rep in the FF in NINE years. Both Atlantic Hockey and the disbanded CHA have sent reps more recently than that.

And even if they send a FF rep for the first time in almost a decade, it's been 22 years since the conference won a FF game, and 23 years since they produced a national champ.

If I were a fan of an ECAC team, I would probably be humble, quiet and sit back and enjoy this day, and then root hard tomorrow.

I wish both teams the best of luck going forward, and it would be fun to see one or both advance....but let's get realistic: March 23rd, 2012 did not single handedly redeem and revive the conference.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
            Beating crappy teams from Michigan is hardly impressive.
            I'm betting that ECAC teams could beat the Vancouver Canucks, New York Rangers, Boston Bruins and St. Louis Blues and you and those that agree with your sentiments would just say it was a series of fluke games for those NHL teams. Can't you just give credit where credit is due since most that don't follow the ECAC expected both teams to be knocked out in the first round? I'd hardly call any Michigan team that makes the NCAAs a "crappy" team, especially if that team did not make it to the tournament on an autobid.
            Last edited by ibanezist00; 03-23-2012, 11:19 PM. Reason: Typo
            Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post
              Congrats on a couple wins, but it's going to take more than a pair of 1st round wins to earn the: "Who's Bad Now?!" approach.

Sending 1 team to Tampa would be a start. The ECAC hasn't had a rep in the FF in NINE years. Both Atlantic Hockey and the disbanded CHA have sent reps more recently than that.

And even if they send a FF rep for the first time in almost a decade, it's been 22 years since the conference won a FF game, and 23 years since they produced a national champ.

If I were a fan of an ECAC team, I would probably be humble, quiet and sit back and enjoy this day, and then root hard tomorrow.

I wish both teams the best of luck going forward, and it would be fun to see one or both advance....but let's get realistic: March 23rd, 2012 did not single handedly redeem and revive the conference.
              Please excuse the overexuberant Union fans - we're trying to train them, really.
              If you don't change the world today, how can it be any better tomorrow?

Comment

Sorry for speaking the truth since it obviously hurts your feelings. Let me know when a EZAC team beats someone from a state that isn't riddled with crappy cars and bullet holes.
                when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                  Sorry for speaking the truth since it obviously hurts your feelings. Let me know when a EZAC team beats someone from a state that isn't riddled with crappy cars and bullet holes.
                  No hurt feelings -- most who follow the ECAC know the history.

I'm sure a state that is "riddled with crappy cars and bullet holes" has a lot to do with the performance of the collegiate hockey teams. I love red herrings in debates. But if you want an example, take the last RPI vs. BU game -- 4-1 win for RPI. A bit of an exception overall, we know, but hey, you told us to let you know, and I just did.

Completely missed my point -- most expected the two ECAC representatives to be knocked out in the first round of NCAA play, and they weren't.
                  Last edited by ibanezist00; 03-23-2012, 11:32 PM.
                  Hockey is serious business. Everything else is just a game.

RPI Hockey, Syracuse Football, New York Rangers, New York Giants.

Comment

Originally posted by TripleE View Post

We can only win one round at a time.

Comment

Originally posted by LynahFan View Post
                      Please excuse the overexuberant Union fans - we're trying to train them, really.
                      haha. fair enough!

In Hockey East, we've seen/dealt with a suddenly appearing, oft-over-the-top, ballyhoo band of Merrimack fans who not only avoid the practice of: "act like you've been there before", but think everything they do should be heralded as the greatest thing since the wheel.

Comment

Call me when a EZAC team beats someone who's actually accomplished something in college hockey. The teams they beat tonight were hardly impressive.
                        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
                          I think someone missed the moral of the post, and what it was in response to.

Comment

Originally posted by SlyFoxMan7 View Post
                            Hence the idea of:
                            BC Eagles Hockey East Champions: 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2007, 2005, 2001, 1999, 1998, 1990, 1987
                            National Championships: 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949
                            Beanpot Champions: 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2008, 2004, 2001, 1994, 1983, 1976, 1965, 1964, 1963, 1961, 1959, 1957, 1956, 1954

Bentley Falcons Hockey

Comment

It's the first time the ECAC has had two teams win a game in the tournament since 1996.

Since Hockey East broke away in 1984 that is the ONLY time the ECAC has advanced two teams. Let's not act like the ECAC is suddenly relevant because they accomplished a feat for only the second time in three decades.

Congratulations on getting two teams to the second round. Now we'll see if one or both of them can advance to Tampa. But it's going to take a couple of seasons of success before most people on this board take the ECAC seriously.

Comment

Working...
                              X