• Show
Clear All

• Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Carry on!
    Bugs Bunny - 96
    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Re: Boston University 2011-2012: Part The Sixth

Posted in other threads but in case you missed it:

New England folks: BU has confirmed the game on Saturday will be broadcast live on HD on NESN

BU Alum '07

Comment

My wayward son...

Oh wait - this isn't an Association thread.

Topic - NESN is covering Saturday's game - hooray! Though I'll be there so what do I care?

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
        Posted in other threads but in case you missed it:

New England folks: BU has confirmed the game on Saturday will be broadcast live on HD on NESN
        Well done I'd prefer that of the ESPNU that BC is getting

Comment

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
          Well done I'd prefer that of the ESPNU that BC is getting
          What if BC plays its last game on Friday?

Not likely, but hypothetically

Edit: oops! Thought northeast was Friday/saturday
          Last edited by Terrier520; 03-20-2012, 03:49 PM.
          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
            My wayward son...

Oh wait - this isn't an Association thread.

Topic - NESN is covering Saturday's game - hooray! Though I'll be there so what do I care?
            We can't all be as lucky as you Scarlet

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post

I'd say it's impossible for BC to play its last game on Friday...
              Last edited by J.D.; 03-20-2012, 03:23 PM.

Comment

We can't all be as lucky as you Scarlet
                i am
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  I'd say it's 100% impossible for BC to play its last game on Friday...
                  I'll bet the house on that!

Insert BC gambling joke here.
                  'Eavesdropped the BC forum in USCHO. A range of intellects over there. Mostly gentlemen, but a couple of coarse imbeciles' - academic_index, a Brown fan

Comment

Originally posted by Terrier520 View Post

I'll bet my life it doesn't happen.

Originally posted by Rover View Post
                    LOL BC GAMBLING!!111!

Edit: **** you FiveHole

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      i am
                      One of these days I'll make it to a western regional

BU Alum '07

Comment

One of these days I'll make it to a western regional
                        careful what you wish for.... was it 07 that we drove to grand rapids?? left work a little early and drove the family to niagara falls (though now the kids don't have passports so we wouldn't be able to cut through canada). got up the next morning and finished the drive in time to see notre dame and huntsville play something like 6 ot's. then bu came out and ryan weston scored to give the boys a lead over sparty... only to lose. all the extra time in the rink meant that i had two sleeping boys. the next morning we went out for breakfasts and passed the bu bus getting ready to go home with guys grabbing food for the trip. the kids waved to jlo and curry... we stayed and watched sparty advance.. then got up and made the drive back home on sunday.
                        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          I'd say it's impossible for BC to play its last game on Friday...
                          Yeah. My bad. Thought the NE regional was fri/sat
                          Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
                          ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                            careful what you wish for.... was it 07 that we drove to grand rapids?? left work a little early and drove the family to niagara falls (though now the kids don't have passports so we wouldn't be able to cut through canada). got up the next morning and finished the drive in time to see notre dame and huntsville play something like 6 ot's. then bu came out and ryan weston scored to give the boys a lead over sparty... only to lose. all the extra time in the rink meant that i had two sleeping boys. the next morning we went out for breakfasts and passed the bu bus getting ready to go home with guys grabbing food for the trip. the kids waved to jlo and curry... we stayed and watched sparty advance.. then got up and made the drive back home on sunday.
                            Yes, it was 2007. We lost to Michigan State who then went on to win a national championship.

That Notre Dame/Huntsville game was pretty good. Would have loved to have seen them win that game. BU always winds up getting their game delayed in these instances. It happened three years in a row at the Hockey East tournament. That was the weirdest arena. It was very similar to the arena in Hoffman Estates, where the Shil-however-you-spell-it Tournament was last season. No seats on one end.

I flew to Detroit and rented a car and drove to Grand Rapids. It only took a couple of hours. Easy ride, though on the drive back to the Detroit airport on Sunday, I never saw so much road kill on a highway. Most of the parents were on a flight from GR to Detroit, then Detroit to Boston. their GR>Detroit flight was delayed causing them to miss their flight to Boston. I drove from Grand Rapids and made it to the Detroit airport before they did. They got on my flight after all that.

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                              Yes, it was 2007. We lost to Michigan State who then went on to win a national championship.

That Notre Dame/Huntsville game was pretty good. Would have loved to have seen them win that game. BU always winds up getting their game delayed in these instances. It happened three years in a row at the Hockey East tournament. That was the weirdest arena. It was very similar to the arena in Hoffman Estates, where the Shil-however-you-spell-it Tournament was last season. No seats on one end.

I flew to Detroit and rented a car and drove to Grand Rapids. It only took a couple of hours. Easy ride, though on the drive back to the Detroit airport on Sunday, I never saw so much road kill on a highway. Most of the parents were on a flight from GR to Detroit, then Detroit to Boston. their GR>Detroit flight was delayed causing them to miss their flight to Boston. I drove from Grand Rapids and made it to the Detroit airport before they did. They got on my flight after all that.
                              I remember that game.... bad memory of my senior year.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Working...
                              X