Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Official 2012 NCAA hockey regionals SYNDICATED games info thread..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Official 2012 NCAA hockey regionals SYNDICATED games info thread..

As in years past there are 4 games, that due to overlap, are NOT on live on ESPNU, but are available via local RSN's and other various channels.

I would like to use this thread as a clearinghouse of information so that fans will be able to easily find these games via Directv/Dish or their local cable companies. I will update this first post as information comes in during the week. If you have any information of these games, please post a link below and I will update accordingly

As usual, all 12 games are available via ESPN3, which is not only great for these 4 games, but also potentially for any overruns of games on ESPNU due to overtime or injuries. However, I do acknowledge that not everyone has access to ESPN3. So finding traditional channels/stations can be a big help

The 4 games in question are: (all times ET)

Friday
    530 pm Ferris St. /Denver
    Altitude Sports (Direct TV 681, Dish 410) Comcast Denver channel 25

Sat
    130 pm North Dakota/Western Mich. -Fox college Sports-Pacific
    FSNorth (Directv 668, Dish 436) Kalamazoo area: CW7 can be found on Charter Cable's channel 7 and Comcast Cable's channel 17.

500 pm Minnesota/Boston U. Fox college Sports-Pacific
    FSNorth+ (Directv 657, Dish 444/9514) NESN (Directv 628, dish 434/5434)

730 pm Minnesota-Duluth/Maine Fox college Sports-Pacific
    FSNorth+ (Directv 657, Dish 444/9514) CW5 WABI in Bangor, Maine WPME-TV in Portland Maine

Please feel free to post information as it becomes available on stations carrying the above 4 games

Thanks,

Bill
    Last edited by billmich88888; 03-24-2012, 12:35 PM.

Re: Official 2012 NCAA hockey regionals SYNDICATED games info thread..

allright, we have our 1st update (denver/ferris state game), please post any updates you have here

Comment

Reposted from the ESPN Regional Round TV Schedule - Lots of Tape Delay on ESPNU thread:

The 4 syndicated games can be found as follows:

Denver vs Ferris State - Altitude (Dish 410, Directv 681)
      Western Michigan vs North Dakota - FSNorth (Dish 436, Directv 668)
      Boston University vs Minnesota - FSNorth+ (Dish 444/9514, Directv 658)
      Maine vs Minnesota-Duluth - FSNorth+ (Dish 444/9514, Directv 658)

For list of where to find FSNorth+ if you don't have Dish Network or Directv check out this link: http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/pages/fsnorth_plus/

*** My question: will Fox College Sports broadcast the FSNorth and FSNorth+ games? ***
      I will not be out cheered in my own building.

Comment

1st post updated, thanks for the info!!

Fox college sports will NOT do these games
        Last edited by billmich88888; 03-20-2012, 12:20 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Darius View Post
          Maine vs Minnesota-Duluth - FSNorth+ (Dish 444/9514, Directv 658)

For list of where to find FSNorth+ if you don't have Dish Network or Directv check out this link: http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/pages/fsnorth_plus/

*** My question: will Fox College Sports broadcast the FSNorth and FSNorth+ games? ***
          My question is this: we know where to FIND the channel, but can we get it for ONE GAME if we don't regularly subscribe to it? Since Fox Sports North is out of our "region," it's not included in any of our packages. Great if you are in the Fox Sports North Region, but as of now, there is nowhere in Boston to see the BU/Minn game for us "non-ESPN3 because we have satellite and no cable provider" people...

Comment

And I just checked the online giude...no programming listed yet for that channel and time...

Comment

Subscribe to the sports package for 1-2 days...then cancel, only costs about 10 bucks for a month and they may even pro rate it down

Or watch it via espn3,(obviously not an option for you) unfortunately this is the best we have right now

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                And I just checked the online giude...no programming listed yet for that channel and time...
                Online guides usually take 24-48 hours to properly update

We go this every year. Just happy there is quasi-national coverage for each game. Wasn't too long ago some of these games went untelevised or unavailable outside a local footprint

Comment

Originally posted by billmich88888 View Post
                  Online guides usually take 24-48 hours to properly update

We go this every year. Just happy there is quasi-national coverage for each game. Wasn't too long ago some of these games went untelevised or unavailable outside a local footprint
                  Not complaining...just want to try to make sure I can see the game if it IS on...I'll subscribe and then cancel. Thanks...

Comment

Like we told you in the other thread, that won't go up in the program guide until the day before most weeks (sometimes even the day OF the game). 658 is usually the FSN North overflow channel.

As far as getting access to the channel itself, as bill mentioned, you will need to subscribe to the Sports Pack and pay the $10 for the month. You can't just buy the out of market channels for 24 hours.

Beyond that, as I wrote in the other thread, I believe there is a chance NESN will pick up the BU-Minnesota game because they have a window during that time. The Bruins don't start until 9 in L.A. and the only thing they'd have to preempt is ACC baseball.

Comment

Not complaining...just want to try to make sure I can see the game if it IS on...I'll subscribe and then cancel. Thanks...
                      It will be on. There's no doubt about it.

Comment

Im pretty sure a Boston area station/channell will pick up this game. Trust me

Comment

just putting that the BU v Minnesota game will be broadcast live in HD on NESN, confirmed by BU Athletics :-)

BU Alum '07

Comment

FSNorth+ will never show up in your guide and will never list programming, but it is there and it will work if you have paid for FSNorth.

In other news, NESN has agreed to broadcast BU vs Minnesota in HD live on saturday.
                            Michigan Tech Legend, Founder of Mitch's Misfits, Co-Founder of Tech Hockey Guide, and Creator/Host of the Chasing MacNaughton Podcast covering MTU Hockey and the WCHA.

Sports Allegiance: NFL: GB MLB: MIL NHL: MIN CB: UW CF: UW CH: MTU FIFA: USA MLS: MIN EPL: Everton

Comment

CW7 is picking up ND-WMU in the West Michigan area.

Edit: http://www.wmubroncos.com/ViewArticl...CLID=205401008
                              Last edited by bronconick; 03-20-2012, 03:00 PM.
                              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                              X