Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    Agreed. I have never heard of any of the other three schools, much less any of them being hockey powers. I am sure the 'X' will be 95% Gopher fans. Minnesota rolls to the Frozen Four after blowing out BU (Baylor?) and UND (Notre Dame?). Already bought my plane ticket to Tampa.
    Don't forget WMU (William & Mary?) is there as well.

BU Alum '07

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Xcel Energy Ctr question: Anyone know which end of the arena the home team will shoot twice?
      “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

Originally posted by SIOUX4EVER View Post
        Xcel Energy Ctr question: Anyone know which end of the arena the home team will shoot twice?
        Based on the Frozen Four last year, the home team will shoot at the end by section 110 twice.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

One of the posters on GPL found a little history piece about the long and friendly rivalry between the Gophers and Terriers: http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=550132

Comment

Originally posted by joen05 View Post
            Any word on any Boston area stations that might pick up these games? Unfortunately I won't be able to attend :-(
            Mentioned this in the BU thread, but I wouldn't hesitate to shoot an e-mail to NESN, CSNNE, or even channel 38. Last year, CSNNE picked up the Merrimack-Notre Dame game from Manchester. My bet is your athletic department is already on this and the game will be picked up. In fact, maybe your best option is to contact someone from the athletic department.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              Mentioned this in the BU thread, but I wouldn't hesitate to shoot an e-mail to NESN, CSNNE, or even channel 38. Last year, CSNNE picked up the Merrimack-Notre Dame game from Manchester. My bet is your athletic department is already on this and the game will be picked up. In fact, maybe your best option is to contact someone from the athletic department.
              Thanks J.D.... I'll fire off an email or call later today.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                One of the posters on GPL found a little history piece about the long and friendly rivalry between the Gophers and Terriers: http://wild.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=550132
                What a bunch of goons...
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

I sent an email to FSN this morning asking if they are going to pick up the BU-Gopher game, we'll see if they respond.
                  Originally posted by CavalryNate
                  Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                    Based on the Frozen Four last year, the home team will shoot at the end by section 110 twice.
                    Nice--that's what I thought...thanks, FS23!
                    “Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” —Albert Einstein

"The government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it." Ronald Reagan, 40th president of the US (1911-2004)

Just when I thought you couldn't be any dumber, you go and do something like this.....AND TOTALLY REDEEM YOURSELF!

Comment

I just spoke with my friend who works for ESPN Radio. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. ANY game on ESPN3 is NOT available to be picked up by regional networks, because it's streamed on the internet only. And it's even worse for DirectTV subscribers, because in order to get agame on ESPN3 you have to be an EXISTING CUSTOMER of a CABLE network. When you log in to watch the game, you have to select from a drop-down list the cable company that you subscribe to. If you don't have one, you can't watch the game. Eventually ESPN3 will be going away to make room for the new "WatchESPN" app (now a mobile phone app), but until then, since they don't have deals with any satellite providers, it looks like if your team's game is on ESPN3 and you are a satellite subscriber, you're out of luck.

In my case, the BU game is essentially on at the same time as the BC game. Anyone who knows the Boston market knows that BC is king. The BC/Air Force game will be on ESPNU (4:00 p.m. EDT), which means that no regional network is going to pick up the BU gmae (5:00 p.m. EDT) and go up against the BC game. So we're out of luck...
                      And the radio station on which the BU game is broadcast is like tuning in Finland unless you live about 600 feet from Boston (and when the power is reduced at sundown we won't hear it at all). I believe regulations do NOT allow that game to be streamed either, so it's either over the air or nothing (which in my case, again, is nothing). So if I want to see BU/Minnesota I will have to fly to St. Paul...

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                        Agreed. I have never heard of any of the other three schools, much less any of them being hockey powers. I am sure the 'X' will be 95% Gopher fans. Minnesota rolls to the Frozen Four after blowing out BU (Baylor?) and UND (Notre Dame?). Already bought my plane ticket to Tampa.
                        Phew. I was starting worry that the fabled Gopher Arrogance (tm) had vanished.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                          Ha! That was an awesome read.

Comment

Chickod, don't mean to challenge you, but how do you explain the NCAA broadcast link saying it's available for ESPN Syndication as well as being available on ESPN3?

http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/fi...st_Revised.pdf

If you look at all the Regional Finals as well, they are all listed as being on ESPNU and available on ESPN3.

Comment

Chickod, don't mean to challenge you, but how do you explain the NCAA broadcast link saying it's available for ESPN Syndication as well as being available on ESPN3?

http://www.ncaa.com/sites/default/fi...st_Revised.pdf

If you look at all the Regional Finals as well, they are all listed as being on ESPNU and available on ESPN3.
                              Think there's a potential they could show it tape-delayed?

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                                I just spoke with my friend who works for ESPN Radio. Unfortunately, it doesn't work like that. ANY game on ESPN3 is NOT available to be picked up by regional networks, because it's streamed on the internet only. And it's even worse for DirectTV subscribers, because in order to get agame on ESPN3 you have to be an EXISTING CUSTOMER of a CABLE network. When you log in to watch the game, you have to select from a drop-down list the cable company that you subscribe to. If you don't have one, you can't watch the game. Eventually ESPN3 will be going away to make room for the new "WatchESPN" app (now a mobile phone app), but until then, since they don't have deals with any satellite providers, it looks like if your team's game is on ESPN3 and you are a satellite subscriber, you're out of luck.

In my case, the BU game is essentially on at the same time as the BC game. Anyone who knows the Boston market knows that BC is king. The BC/Air Force game will be on ESPNU (4:00 p.m. EDT), which means that no regional network is going to pick up the BU gmae (5:00 p.m. EDT) and go up against the BC game. So we're out of luck...
                                And the radio station on which the BU game is broadcast is like tuning in Finland unless you live about 600 feet from Boston (and when the power is reduced at sundown we won't hear it at all). I believe regulations do NOT allow that game to be streamed either, so it's either over the air or nothing (which in my case, again, is nothing). So if I want to see BU/Minnesota I will have to fly to St. Paul...
                                Just thought I'd add a little bit to this, because the news I got is a bit better. BU's athletic department is in talks with NESN to see if the ACC baseball game they are airing is one that they are obligated to show. If not, they are going to lobby NESN to pick up the ESPN syndication for the BU/Minnesota game. They are very hopeful that this will be the case. Also, they noted that Fox Sports North is likely to pick up the game, and if that is the case, they will see if it can be aired on one of the FCS channels locally available through Comcast. The downside to the latter would be the lack of HD availability.

Nothing can be done about Comcast SportsNet because they are contractually obligated to show their MLS game.
                                Last edited by joen05; 03-19-2012, 11:31 AM. Reason: Added information about CSN.

BU Alum '07

Comment

Working...
                                X