Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
    Where can I get a couple dozen water bottles with a Sioux head on them?

/totally shameless. will take free wins.
    It'll be interesting on how this plays out. I'd laugh if someone legitimately forgot about their socks or something, and it got reported.
    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
      It'll be interesting on how this plays out. I'd laugh if someone legitimately forgot about their socks or something, and it got reported.
      "These players aren't wearing the new blank green helmets. You'll have to play with 7 forwards and 4 defensemen. For some reason, no hockey shops will sell North Dakota equipment here in Minneapolis. And your assistant coach has a Sioux logo tattoo. He's banned from the arena."
      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

I assume they'll just have a jersey that says sioux minus the logo?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          I assume they'll just have a jersey that says sioux minus the logo?
          It can't even say Sioux. I've heard it will just say North Dakota.
          "My greatest achievement."
          Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
            It can't even say Sioux. I've heard it will just say North Dakota.
            Correct. The biggest rumor is that if UND drops the Sioux name, they will not even choose a new nickname.

And just posted on GopherPuckLive, the tailgate is on. Starts 9am Saturday, behind the Dairy Queen. Beerdarts will be there of course, and a port-a-potty will also be there (and I would assume that a $5 donation to help with that cost is recommended, like it was for the F5). There should be some homebrews there, and donations are welcome for that, also. The homebrews are always very tasty, btw.

All are invited to join. It's a very friendly tailgate, as past attendees can attest to.
            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.

Comment

Not cranky at all. MN getting into the tourney, winning the WCHA, and having a good chance to advance makes me ecstatic. I actually want VENGEANCE from when UND knocked out MN after MN beat UND in the F5 on a certain Wheeler goal a couple years back.
              Don't know about Friday, but I've heard the logo for the second game will be a garden hose.

Comment

I have no clue what you're talking about.

And I just hope that the ASPCA and Sarah McLachlan don't come after the Gophers when they beat down the Terriers.

Comment

I have no clue what you're talking about.
                  Neither does he.

Comment

USCHO is sponsoring the website, "College Hockey Pickem 2012". Register and fill in your bracket predictions. Pick the winners all the way to the NCAA Championship game and win VALUABLE PRIZES!!! One of the first place prizes is a $100 shopping trip on shop.uscho.com (lots of cool stuff over there).

Comment

No. Anyone officially affiliated with UND cannot wear the Indianhead logo or anything with the "Sioux" name, otherwise UND forfeits. This includes any staff members, players, band members, etc. Fans are free to do as they please.
                      Can they (!) the NCAA?
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                        Can they (!) the NCAA?
                        Not sure what you are saying, but if I had to take a guess, any normal conference game, they are fine. It's only specific NCAA games and tourneys that these rules apply.

Comment

Not sure what you are saying, but if I had to take a guess, any normal conference game, they are fine. It's only specific NCAA games and tourneys that these rules apply.
                          (!) = Moon
                          Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                          dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                          wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

This really is the easiest possible regional for Minnesota. 3 no name opponents should make for an anti-climatic weekend of hockey. Gophers might be tested at the Frozen Four. Depends who else goes.
                            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
                            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
                            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Any word on any Boston area stations that might pick up these games? Unfortunately I won't be able to attend :-(

BU Alum '07

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                This really is the easiest possible regional for Minnesota. 3 no name opponents should make for an anti-climatic weekend of hockey. Gophers might be tested at the Frozen Four. Depends who else goes.
                                Agreed. I have never heard of any of the other three schools, much less any of them being hockey powers. I am sure the 'X' will be 95% Gopher fans. Minnesota rolls to the Frozen Four after blowing out BU (Baylor?) and UND (Notre Dame?). Already bought my plane ticket to Tampa.

Comment

Working...
                                X