Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
    Then they'll never last against Minnesota.
    Unfortunately, UND had the same line-up.

Comment

Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by carltonbarrett View Post
      BU played .500 hockey the past couple of months and as has been well documented, they lost 2 of their top forwards (including their leading goal scorer), a 3rd lower line forward and a top 4 D-man during the season due to various reasons. Parker will get them Jacked up no doubt, but they really only skate 2 decent lines and 4 legit D-men.
      Well, then. BU has exactly the recipe for beating Minnesota. It worked for UND. Drop a half dozen players out of the lineup, get a couple defensemen to play forward, and send out 6 scholarship forwards.

Don't forget to rope-a-dope for half the game.

Comment

I would figure Western Michigan to be the most dangerous 4th seed in the tourney, Two weeks ago they tied and won the shoot out at home vs #6 Ferris State and beat them the next night at Ferris. Last week they dispatched Lake State in 2 games at home. Friday night they dominated #5 Miami 6-2 and last night they led #2 Michigan 3-0 before winning 3-2. They're on a roll and their freshman goaltender is playing well. This will be an interesting region and I'm sure the winner of the first game will be rooting for BU in the second game

Comment

Originally posted by MeridianStreet View Post
          I would figure Western Michigan to be the most dangerous 4th seed in the tourney, Two weeks ago they tied and won the shoot out at home vs #6 Ferris State and beat them the next night at Ferris. Last week they dispatched Lake State in 2 games at home. Fiday night they dominated #5 Miami 6-2 and last night they led #2 Michigan 3-0 before winning 3-2. They're on a roll and their freshman goaltender is playing well. This will be an interesting region and I'm sure the winner of the first game will be rooting for BU in the second game
          I'd say you can bet on the second game having a lot of fans in green sweaters cheering for the Terriers.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
            I'd say you can bet on the second game having a lot of fans in green sweaters cheering for the Terriers.
            We'd appreciate it!
            ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
              We'd appreciate it!
              Trust me, you will be surprised. UND should have a very good showing, and, if they win, they will have thousands still cheering for BU at 4.
              AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                Trust me, you will be surprised. UND should have a very good showing, and, if they win, they will have thousands still cheering for BU at 4.
                We're 11-4-1 on the road this year; only 10-8 at home. Don't cheer too loudly!

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                  We're 11-4-1 on the road this year; only 10-8 at home. Don't cheer too loudly!
                  Well, if the Sioux win, you'll get a lot of cheering. It'll still be a pretty huge home crowd, but there will be a lot of "temporary" terriers.
                  AF 99

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    And a potential BC-UND F4 matchup is possible.

If MN doesn't go.......I want to see BC feed on UND's trail of tears yet again.
                    UND looks to have its hands full with Western Michigan, higher in the KRACH than both Minnesota and Boston University. By KRACH, 1 and 2 play, followed by 3 and 4.

By the way, man, you have become noticeably crankier, as the years go by. Your comment suggests you suffer a St. Patty PTSD. Maybe I would too.

Your ducts ought to be about empty by now, about Friday night. Rally yourself, man. Home cooking is always something to be encouraged about.
                    No more slow starts to the season; we got over that hurdle. Now, Get it on!!! GO UND!!!

New nick is coming up. I recommend Spirithawks.

Character is what a person is; reputation is what he is supposed to be. (Abbott)

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

This regional sets up nicely for a Minnesota Western Michigan final.

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by Slash01 View Post
                        UND looks to have its hands full with Western Michigan, higher in the KRACH than both Minnesota and Boston University. By KRACH, 1 and 2 play, followed by 3 and 4.

By the way, man, you have become noticeably crankier, as the years go by. Your comment suggests you suffer a St. Patty PTSD. Maybe I would too.

Your ducts ought to be about empty by now, about Friday night. Rally yourself, man. Home cooking is always something to be encouraged about.
                        Not cranky at all. MN getting into the tourney, winning the WCHA, and having a good chance to advance makes me ecstatic. I actually want VENGEANCE from when UND knocked out MN after MN beat UND in the F5 on a certain Wheeler goal a couple years back.
                        Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                        Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

So umm is und allowed to wear their normal uniforms?

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            So umm is und allowed to wear their normal uniforms?
                            No. Anyone officially affiliated with UND cannot wear the Indianhead logo or anything with the "Sioux" name, otherwise UND forfeits. This includes any staff members, players, band members, etc. Fans are free to do as they please.
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Golden Tuuk View Post
                              Then they'll never last against Minnesota.
                              Not so fast - I like UM's chances but I don't expect a Parker-led team roll over.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                No. Anyone officially affiliated with UND cannot wear the Indianhead logo or anything with the "Sioux" name, otherwise UND forfeits. This includes any staff members, players, band members, etc. Fans are free to do as they please.
                                Where can I get a couple dozen water bottles with a Sioux head on them?

/totally shameless. will take free wins.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X