Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
    Any chance UND fans cheer for Minnesota on Saturday if they win their game against WMU?
    Hahahahahahaha!!!

BU Jersey sales should spike if the beat MN.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
      Not after Friday night's Cleveland steamer of a 3rd period.

Plus bear in mind that many fans aren't as plugged in as we are - and probably didn't know MN had already secured a spot in the tournament even with the loss.
      I suppose so, but I feel like the University would try promoting the fact that as a host, if making the Tournament, they will be in Saint Paul.

One of my very good friends texted me, "see you at the x sunday!" My reply was, my only focus is WMU. If we win, then I'll talk about Sunday.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
        I suppose so, but I feel like the University would try promoting the fact that as a host, if making the Tournament, they will be in Saint Paul.

One of my very good friends texted me, "see you at the x sunday!" My reply was, my only focus is WMU. If we win, then I'll talk about Sunday.
        Mankato made it this year? Whioux knew?

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
          Mankato made it this year? Whioux knew?
          Mankato won't be in the tourney any time soon.
          AF 99

Comment

The only promotion I've seen is the stupid NCAA commercial for the regional that has been running for months.

Western beat Michigan, so they can certainly pull an upset here. BU is a bit thin on depth due to their well known issues, but they still have a strong goalie and a few scorers. In single elimination tournaments, sometimes that is enough.

Comment

The only promotion I've seen is the stupid NCAA commercial for the regional that has been running for months.

Western beat Michigan, so they can certainly pull an upset here. BU is a bit thin on depth due to their well known issues, but they still have a strong goalie and a few scorers. In single elimination tournaments, sometimes that is enough.
              Goaltending will make the difference in all three games this weekend. In playoff hockey, it almost always does.
              AF 99

Comment

Officiating gets tighter in regional play (at least it does for WCHA teams), so special teams play will become more important as well.

Comment

Officiating gets tighter in regional play (at least it does for WCHA teams), so special teams play will become more important as well.
                  Speaking of that, the host school's conference doesn't officiate, do they? (dumb question, but can't remember. I would assume it would be officials from neither conference.)
                  AF 99

Comment

So that would mean ECAC refs? Or AHA refs?

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                      So that would mean ECAC refs? Or AHA refs?
                      I just threw up in my mouth a little bit..
                      AF 99

Comment

I'd expect a Hockey East crew for the UND-WMU game and a ECAC for BU-Minny.

BU advances, ECAC for the final, otherwise Hockey East.
                        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

The Sioux will wear their new jerseys for the first time in the regional. Has anyone heard when we will see them? Not until they hit the ice?
                          Believe it. Earn it. Raise it.

Comment

Originally posted by Siouxfaninseattle View Post
                            The Sioux will wear their new jerseys for the first time in the regional. Has anyone heard when we will see them? Not until they hit the ice?
                            Will they be similar to the women's jerseys?
                            AF 99

Comment

Speaking of that, the host school's conference doesn't officiate, do they? (dumb question, but can't remember. I would assume it would be officials from neither conference.)
                              We'll see another conference's officials, even if the final has UND-MN (which is just idiotic in my view but whatever).

Comment

That correct, WCHA officials cannot ref a game involing WCHA team in the NCAA tourney, nor can CCHA do for CCHA team etc.
                                Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Working...
                                X