Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    Is this Wisconsin Michigan University located in that little thingy on the map that's part of Michigan, but hangs over Wisconsin?
    I don't think so...isn't that Canada?
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
      Careful now! Don't point out that "BC isn't in Boston" too loudly. Those BC guys have ears like fine-tuned seismographs. The slightest tremors of truth set them off, and they'll all be swarming in here in a minute or two. Sssshhhhh!
      It's Boston adjacent!!!!
      Originally posted by nmupiccdiva
      ...anyone that can start a meme like that is welcome and will fit in just fine around here.

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post

I believe it's called "Upper Peninsula." Or maybe, THE Upper Peninsula?

It's a wonderful place from what I've heard...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Postcard.jpg******

Comment

Next to Grand Forks, Manitoba???

Serious question for you now: do Sioux fans yell "home of the SIOUX" during the national anthem? If so, will probably be the loudest one ever tomorrow...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
            Yes, some of my posts have contained the letters B and U next to each other, but it's hard not to have that happen in this type of thread (as you alluded to). I don't think I've been "trolling", so I just don't see what the big deal is. This thread has gotten the most attention and for good reason. That's why I read it. It has nothing to do with BU, so don't flatter yourself. The entertainment value provided by Sioux and Gopher fans is enough reason to read this thread. Again, why does it matter if I'm posting in this thread more than other people and more than in other threads? The only thing that should matter is what I'm posting about, not where I'm posting. Like you, I don't read every thread, but with Minnesota and North Dakota (ok fine, and BU) all in the same regional...it seemed like a good thread to follow. It surely hasn't disappointed. If I say something dumb, call me out on it, but don't get on me for simply posting in this thread.

Okay that's dumb right there. This thread has gone out of its way to disappoint all of us. Thanks in part to a select number of posters not to be named. You know who you are!

I think it stands for Wisconsin. Wisconsin Michigan University...they don't really know where they are...hell, I don't even know where they are...and I lived in Kalamazoo for 6 months.
            Oh I get it! That's why Gurt has been hanging around. It all makes a little more sense now.

Comment

If so we should start a war with them, cuz that little thingy is just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                I thought gopher fans were WMU fans...
                Nope. I want UND and MN to face each other again. I want the board to blow up in a nuclear explosion after the game. I want there to be months upon months of hate-filled rants during the offseason.

Nothing adds a cherry atop the rivalry turd sundae quite like a regional matchup to go to the frozen four.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                  Nope. I want UND and MN to face each other again. I want the board to blow up in a nuclear explosion after the game. I want there to be months upon months of hate-filled rants during the offseason.

Nothing adds a cherry atop the rivalry turd sundae quite like a regional matchup to go to the frozen four.
                  Truth

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                    I believe it's called "Upper Peninsula." Or maybe, THE Upper Peninsula?

It's a wonderful place from what I've heard...

*****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/Postcard.jpg******
                    Stopped at a classic A&W restaurant somewhere up there one. Big frosted glass mugs and fountain root beer...yummy.

It was a nice drive across the UP on the way back to Bahston. Always fun to wear a BU hat in Sault St. Marie.

BU is going to bury the Gophers.
                    Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Our students are thankfully too drunk to post anywhere usually, and the rest of our fans were around for the last CCHA title in 1986, so they're still working on the whole email thing. In between, there wasn't a whole lot to make you a Bronco fan until recently.
                      "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                        Is that how you plan on getting away with sexually assaulting them?

Comment

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                          Not even close. Never once have seen a blowout haircut on Comm Ave.
                          Did you actually take your head out of Jack Parker's butt to look around?
                          Originally posted by Greg Ambrose on 3/7/2010
                          The fact that you BC fans revel in the superiority of your team in an admittedly weak league leads me to believe you will be more sorely disappointed when the end comes than we will.

Comment

Originally posted by BU2K View Post
                            Burying Gopher's won't be easy. We burrow. I guess, technically, we bury ourselves (like last week).
                            Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                            Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post

I can see how gopher fans might feel that way, with the open wounds they are still nursing. But Sioux fans are different. We are compassionate people, and many of us have friends and family who live in Minnesota and follow the Gophers. They have suffered humiliation after humiliation in the past three or four years, something Sioux fans cannot relate to. But these gopher fans have to be considered an at-risk population and, well, we care. And if you need hate-filled rants after what is likely to be another slap in the face this weekend, I'm sure we would be willing to come up with something.

Comment

• Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
                                Burying Gopher's won't be easy. We burrow. I guess, technically, we bury ourselves (like last week).
                                I'm hoping for deja vu.

Gotta pick up the pace here. Still need almost 300 posts to close this one out.

Gophers mascot is named Bucky right?
                                Expectation has the encumberance of truth while hope lives its own life, wild and free.

Comment

Working...
                                X