Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by claver2010 View Post
    Fascinating.

But considering they have been mixing up BU/BC & Eagles/Terriers there was a decent chance half the people in the thread didn't get it.

But thanks for your input.
    Not me, the BU Eagles and the BC Terriers.

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
      wow, this is funny on so many levels. the east coast intellectuals did not so up for this thread.
      You guys reeled in a marlin.
      "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
      Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
      The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
      Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
        Not me, the BU Eagles and the BC Terriers.
        How I remember it, is that the college is in Boston, and the university is on Chipmunk Hill. Because Eagles like hills, you have the BU Eagles....and obviously because Boston Terriers live in Boston, it's the BC Terriers.

North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

But of course, us Westerner's could never survive the Beankettle flamefests...

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
            Were every word ends in "ah."
            "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
            Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

• Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
              What's a Beankettle?

Picture please
              @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
              On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
              High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Where'da white women?!?

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                *****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/BUfans.jpg******
                a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Kyle Rau roots for Northeastern in the beandish.
                  the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
                    And I meant that it didn't matter whether or not your posts were or were not actually about BU (which some were, but that's fine as this thread is about the regional BU is in). You are in here posting. More than BU fans are. It just seems like you've posted in this thread more than in the Northeast Regional thread, where your team is playing. You certainly haven't posted as much in the East Regional thread. I haven't checked out the Midwest Regional thread because, well, I only have so much time to waste in the day people!!!! Would you be in this thread as much if BU were not in this regional? Personally, I would say no, but given the nature of the UM-UND rivalry, you might be, though maybe not to the extent you are here now, IMO. I could be wrong. And all your posts are helping increase the post count, which is by far higher than the other three.

Would be very fun to get this thread complete and locked before the puck drops.
                    Yes, some of my posts have contained the letters B and U next to each other, but it's hard not to have that happen in this type of thread (as you alluded to). I don't think I've been "trolling", so I just don't see what the big deal is. This thread has gotten the most attention and for good reason. That's why I read it. It has nothing to do with BU, so don't flatter yourself. The entertainment value provided by Sioux and Gopher fans is enough reason to read this thread. Again, why does it matter if I'm posting in this thread more than other people and more than in other threads? The only thing that should matter is what I'm posting about, not where I'm posting. Like you, I don't read every thread, but with Minnesota and North Dakota (ok fine, and BU) all in the same regional...it seemed like a good thread to follow. It surely hasn't disappointed. If I say something dumb, call me out on it, but don't get on me for simply posting in this thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                      Yes, some of my posts have contained the letters B and U next to each other, but it's hard not to have that happen in this type of thread (as you alluded to). I don't think I've been "trolling", so I just don't see what the big deal is. This thread has gotten the most attention and for good reason. That's why I read it. It has nothing to do with BU, so don't flatter yourself. The entertainment value provided by Sioux and Gopher fans is enough reason to read this thread. Again, why does it matter if I'm posting in this thread more than other people and more than in other threads? The only thing that should matter is what I'm posting about, not where I'm posting. Like you, I don't read every thread, but with Minnesota and North Dakota (ok fine, and BU) all in the same regional...it seemed like a good thread to follow. It surely hasn't disappointed. If I say something dumb, call me out on it, but don't get on me for simply posting in this thread.
                      Don't forget about bronconick!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                        How I remember it, is that the college is in Boston, and the university is on Chipmunk Hill. Because Eagles like hills, you have the BU Eagles....and obviously because Boston Terriers live in Boston, it's the BC Terriers.

This will really blow your mind...did you know BC is actually a university???

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Yes, some of my posts have contained the letters B and U next to each other, but it's hard not to have that happen in this type of thread (as you alluded to). I don't think I've been "trolling", so I just don't see blah blah blah blah blahdee blah blah. Blah blahdee, blahdee bladblad blad. Blah blah blah, blah blah blah blah blahdee blahdoo blahadip. Blah blah (blah blah blee bloo blop) blah blah blah. etc etc etc . . .
                          Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . . . . .
                          Bugs Bunny - 96
                          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                            This will really blow your mind...did you know BC is actually a university???
                            So is the real name Boston College University? That's just dumb.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                              So is the real name Boston College University? That's just dumb.
                              Considering it is not even located in Boston, it makes it even dumber...er.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                                Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz . . . . . . .
                                Dave, I wish I could say the same in return, but I'm usually left scratching my head after reading a post from you. Keep up the good work! Oh, and...BU.

Comment

Working...
                                X