Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
    **** you and your impartiality! Okay, with gems like this I guess you can stay.
    I tell ya, if I wasn't a Badger fan I could/would crush us. Lots of material to work with.

I still rip us occasionally, but not nearly as much as I'd like to.

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
      Yes! I got one!

We need more than just UND and UMN fans on here if we want to lock by tomorrow.
      You got one. One. The rest of us aren't fooled that easily! ::shakes fist::

And you don't need anyone else. You're doing a fine job all on your own! Plus you have J.D., who never met a BU thread he didn't like.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
        *****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/BUfans.jpg******
        Not even close. Never once have seen a blowout haircut on Comm Ave. But kudos on the MS Paint skills.
        ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

Originally posted by cross cheque View Post
          Hook, line, and sinker. How many BU fans do you estimate will be in attendance?
          There was going to be a bus of students, but when the cost jumped up to an astronomical number, that plan was ditched. I know of about 10 friends of mine that are flying/busing out one way or another.
          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

I have a call into UMD to see if it is OK to chant "Spay the Terriers" at the game. I haven't heard back yet.

(For those out east, UMD fans got in trouble for hostile and abusive chants when playing the Whioux.)
            Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
            Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by Scarlet View Post
              Plus you have J.D., who never met a BU thread he didn't like.
              Come on, this thread has had very little to do with BU and it's not like I've gone out of my way to flame the Eagles...

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                *****http://i820.***********.com/albums/zz128/Gurtholfin/USCHO/BUfans.jpg******
                It would be a better world if Gurt were allowed to design the logos for all the teams in the WCHA.

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
                  I have a call into UMD to see if it is OK to chant "Spay the Terriers" at the game. I haven't heard back yet.

(For those out east, UMD fans got in trouble for hostile and abusive chants when playing the Whioux.)
                  UMD the Southern Miss of college hockey?

Comment

O. K. Not to flog a dead, rotting horse but...

1. I think many MN and UND fans are paying too much attention to the outcome of last week's game, rather than looking at how that game went down. Total domination by the Gophers (2 SOG for UND after 30 minutes), followed by a period where nearly everything UND threw at the net went in (it happens sometimes). The Gophers, weirdly, had no pushback whatsoever in the third period, but I think they were in shock. There is a long history between these teams of Dominate/Response/Domination reversal/Response/Domination re-reversal and so on. The Gophers will make adjustments, Lucia is not an idiot (um, or at least he didn't use to be...). As a North Dakota fan, I just don't want to see the Gophers again.

2. I would put the chance at UND/MN rematch at 30%. In other words, barely better than random chance. BU and WMU must be licking their chops, because this is one of those fun opportunities where they are away underdogs, but have a really good chance to win. I would put them at 52-48 type underdogs. If Western starts flying around and has some puck luck and gets a 1-0 or 2-0 lead, UND is going to be in big trouble. I would not view that as a remote possibility. MN is going to have a weird situation where they are supposedly the home team, but might have less than half of the arena rooting for them. I think that is going to energize BU - they're good enough to beat MN on a good night anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                      BTW, if you want to see what North Dakota's New Jerseys look like...

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=90854

IMO, not too bad, but I would like to see a better photo, and preferably in color to make my full decision.
                      Awesome!! If you look closely at the picture the jersey says North Dakoda. Ok, North Dakoda it is!
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by tbodin23 View Post
                        O. K. Not to flog a dead, rotting horse but...

1. I think many MN and UND fans are paying too much attention to the outcome of last week's game, rather than looking at how that game went down. Total domination by the Gophers (2 SOG for UND after 30 minutes), followed by a period where nearly everything UND threw at the net went in (it happens sometimes). The Gophers, weirdly, had no pushback whatsoever in the third period, but I think they were in shock. There is a long history between these teams of Dominate/Response/Domination reversal/Response/Domination re-reversal and so on. The Gophers will make adjustments, Lucia is not an idiot (um, or at least he didn't use to be...). As a North Dakota fan, I just don't want to see the Gophers again.

2. I would put the chance at UND/MN rematch at 30%. In other words, barely better than random chance. BU and WMU must be licking their chops, because this is one of those fun opportunities where they are away underdogs, but have a really good chance to win. I would put them at 52-48 type underdogs. If Western starts flying around and has some puck luck and gets a 1-0 or 2-0 lead, UND is going to be in big trouble. I would not view that as a remote possibility. MN is going to have a weird situation where they are supposedly the home team, but might have less than half of the arena rooting for them. I think that is going to energize BU - they're good enough to beat MN on a good night anyway.
                        The Gophers played great for 2/3 of the game and decided to quit or coast into the final. Looks like that attitude worked out for them. :Rolls Eyes:
                        Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                        dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                        wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          Come on, this thread has had very little to do with BU and it's not like I've gone out of my way to flame the Eagles...
                          Uh, why would you, and when did you ever, flame your own team? (You do realize that flaming is negative, right?) My point is that you, as a staunch BC Eagles fan, has more posts in the regional thread where BU is playing than BU fans have posts. Which is your right and pretty much par for the course as far as BU threads are concerned. And you will most likely continue to post here, as is your choice, so the post count will continue to grow! That's a good job outta you.

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                            Awesome!! If you look closely at the picture the jersey says North Dakoda. Ok, North Dakoda it is!
                            Yes, that is what it says. Thank God for the Minnesota educational system. It has teachers like Biddy and churns out students like you.
                            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
                              That one in the first row certainly looks that way. That would be too funny and too fitting!

#5's jersey appears to be spelled correctly.

Comment

Originally posted by tbodin23 View Post
                                BU and WMU must be licking their chops, because this is one of those fun opportunities where they are away underdogs, but have a really good chance to win.
                                They will also have a sizable crowd on their side - WMU will have the Gopher fans and BU will have the Sioux fans.

Not sure if crowd really matters, but it will be there.

Comment

Working...
                                X