Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
    Is this what Lucia had been doing the past few years in December?
    Yes, Lucia is a big fan of golf.
    Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
    Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      BTW, if you want to see what North Dakota's New Jerseys look like...

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=90854

IMO, not too bad, but I would like to see a better photo, and preferably in color to make my full decision.
      A little different than the jersey posted a few pages ago.
      Originally posted by CavalryNate
      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
        Yeah, I'm a little surprised at Gopher fans making golf jokes given what the Gopher teams of the past 3 years were probably doing in late March and April.
        No it was the injuries that caused the last 3 years.

I'm trying to throw some softballs out there for the Whioux fans but there seems to be 2 of them. I can't figure out what to say to the Eagles fans to get them going. I guess we will just wait for the Saturday game with them.
        Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
        Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          So one guy picked BU to go the FF simply because they were a preseason favorite, another guy has Cornell beating Michigan and MSU playing for the title, the CCHA rep picking an all CCHA final, and the ECAC rep taking Union. Hey, at least the Atlantic Hockey rep doesn't have Air Force winning it all...
          The CCHA guy did pick UMD, actually. They and FSU just happen to use the same clip art program.
          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
            No it was the injuries that caused the last 3 years.

I'm trying to throw some softballs out there for the Whioux fans but there seems to be 2 of them. I can't figure out what to say to the Eagles fans to get them going. I guess we will just wait for the Saturday game with them.
            Ask them to please have their players refrain from raping any women while in St. Paul. Or run into any trolley cars. Or gamble on the games.
            Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
            when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
            Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
              I can't figure out what to say to the Eagles fans to get them going. I guess we will just wait for the Saturday game with them.
              Eagles fans???? You're playing BU - not BC. BC are the Eagles. BU are the Terriers...

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                Yeah, I'm a little surprised at Gopher fans making golf jokes given what the Gopher teams of the past 3 years were probably doing in late March and April.
                But if I kill all the golfers they'll lock me up and throw away the key!

Not "golfers" -- GOPHERS!1!!
                Bugs Bunny - 96
                Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
                  The CCHA guy did pick UMD, actually. They and FSU just happen to use the same clip art program.
                  Well, Duluth's logo and Ferris' logo are a bit different...

Duluth:
                  *****http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/Duluth_100.jpg******

Ferris State:
                  *****http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/Ferris_State_Logo.gif******
                  North Dakota
                  National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                    Eagles fans???? You're playing BU - not BC. BC are the Eagles. BU are the Terriers...
                    Are you sure? They are playing the school that is in Boston...wouldn't that be BOSTON College...

I truly hope you know that we're all just joking...and I think you are just playing along, but you can never really tell.
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

“@GopherPuckLive: "All-sessions" ticket prices for each regional (before added fees) Bridgeport:$60... GreenBay: $66... Worcester: $83.50... St.Paul: $90.”

Why such the big discrepancy? Who sets the ticket prices?

EDIT: “@GopherPuckLive: Good point by a few tweeters.... The arena rental cost is probably why tickets are so much more expensive in St. Paul...”
                      Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 03-23-2012, 09:26 AM.
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

whoosh
                        Originally posted by CavalryNate
                        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Happy View Post
                          Some of us have real jobs and families. and, unlike anyone from UND, I have trees and bushes to prune.
                          Oh I thought you were still in hiding after Friday night's debacle.
                          "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                          Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                          The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                          Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                            But if I kill all the golfers they'll lock me up and throw away the key!

Not "golfers" -- GOPHERS!1!!
                            *****http://gifsoup.com/webroot/animatedgifs/1065721_o.gif******
                            "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Hook, line, and sinker. How many BU fans do you estimate will be in attendance? I guess I could go around counting the guys with a Pauly D haircut, calling bartenders "Chief", ordering Jaeg-bombs, and raping the fine ladies of the midwest but an estimate from a guy in the know will suffice.
                              "The man who smiles when something has gone wrong just thought of someone to blame it on." Robert Bloch
                              Discontinued Program:http://s.ecrater.com/stores/70443/48...70e_70443n.jpg
                              The goofs might suck, but Happy swallows.
                              Brooks told me he added something to the effect that, “if you want to go into business, go to Harvard; if you want to be a hockey player, go to North Dakota...”

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                                Western Michigan will not win the regional because they are a CCHA team. The CCHA sucks. So that leaves only 3 choices.
                                Boston University was in the ECAC before Hockey East, and the ECAC sucks. So they can't win the region either. That leaves 2 choices.
                                North Dakota doesn't have enough players to dress for 2 games, so they can't win the region. That leaves 1 choice.
                                North Dakota got around the lack of players last week by only playing for about 20 minutes when necessary. Seemed to work out okay.
                                "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Working...
                                X