Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Here's a few thousand more words of preview

http://unitedstatesofhockey.com/2012...west-regional/
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

We are going to need to pick up the pace if we want to lock the thread by game time.

Any truth to the fact that the Whioux's success is directly related to the weather? They suck in the fall and in April. The Midwest is experiencing above average temperatures... Western Michigan started great then sucked when it got cold, now they are hot again. Destiny?
      Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
      Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
        We are going to need to pick up the pace if we want to lock the thread by game time.

Any truth to the fact that the Whioux's success is directly related to the weather? They suck in the fall and in April. The Midwest is experiencing above average temperatures... Western Michigan started great then sucked when it got cold, now they are hot again. Destiny?
        This theory is almost as bad as Dubbs' analogy.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
          So one guy picked BU to go the FF simply because they were a preseason favorite, another guy has Cornell beating Michigan and MSU playing for the title, the CCHA rep picking an all CCHA final, and the ECAC rep taking Union. Hey, at least the Atlantic Hockey rep doesn't have Air Force winning it all...
          I think it is somewhat natural to pick teams you have seen play the most. That being said, David (one of the co-founders, a good friend, and a Minnesota alumnus/fan) picked BU, DU, Miami, and Notre Dame at the beginning of the season, and is riding them as long as he can.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

The ECAC rep should know better by now...

At least he doesn't still have the Irish in the FF

Comment

Western Michigan will not win the regional because they are a CCHA team. The CCHA sucks. So that leaves only 3 choices.
              Boston University was in the ECAC before Hockey East, and the ECAC sucks. So they can't win the region either. That leaves 2 choices.
              North Dakota doesn't have enough players to dress for 2 games, so they can't win the region. That leaves 1 choice.
              PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
              Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
              NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                This theory is almost as bad as Dubbs' analogy.
                But at least it is something. Maybe Hackstol starts thinking about golf in April and tells the players to save themselves for golf instead of playing hard.
                Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
                Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                  The ECAC rep should know better by now...

At least he doesn't still have the Irish in the FF
                  Union is a good team with great goaltending. I would think a BC fan would want Union to advance to the Frozen Four, so they don't carry the embarrassment of being the last school that let an ECAC team get into the Frozen Four.
                  North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by captain beefheart View Post
                    Please tell me that I can somehow see this game. I live in Minnetonka and have Comcast.....
                    Yes, you have Comcast so it will show up on FSN+ and if you had the sports package it would also be on Fox College Sports Pacific.
                    Originally posted by CavalryNate
                    Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                    sigpic

Comment

But at least it is something. Maybe Hackstol starts thinking about golf in April and tells the players to save themselves for golf instead of playing hard.
                      Is this what Lucia had been doing the past few years in December?
                      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

My best guess is that Hakstol gets tricked on April Fools Day by someone telling him that the other 3 teams in the Frozen Four forfeited, and that North Dakota is the National Champion...
                        North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                          Is this what Lucia had been doing the past few years in December?
                          Yeah, I'm a little surprised at Gopher fans making golf jokes given what the Gopher teams of the past 3 years were probably doing in late March and April.
                          "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
                            Yes, you have Comcast so it will show up on FSN+ and if you had the sports package it would also be on Fox College Sports Pacific.
                            I have Comcast in Maple Grove and FSN+ in HD is channel 694 (or something close).

Comment

BTW, if you want to see what North Dakota's New Jerseys look like...

http://undhockey.areavoices.com/?p=90854

IMO, not too bad, but I would like to see a better photo, and preferably in color to make my full decision.
                              North Dakota

Comment

From Gophersports

Weekend Overview: Minnesota enters the NCAA tournament with a 26-13-1 record. The Gophers are seeded second in the NCAA West Region and will face No. 3 seed Boston University at 4 p.m. on Saturday, March 24, at Xcel Energy Center. North Dakota is the No. 1 seed and will face No. 4 seed Western Michigan at 12:30 p.m. on Saturday. The semifinal winners will play at 4:30 p.m. on Sunday, March 25 with the winner advancing to the NCAA Frozen Four on April 5-7 in Tampa, Fla.

In The Tournament: Minnesota will play in the NCAA tournament for the 33rd time this weekend when the Gophers face Boston University on Saturday. The Gophers last played in the NCAA tournament on March 28, 2008. Minnesota lost that day 5-2 to eventual national champion Boston College in the NCAA Northeast Regional in Worcester, Mass. Minnesota is 50-33 all-time in the NCAA tournament.

Facing Boston University: Both Minnesota and Boston University have won five national championships. Minnesota’s most recent title was in 2003, while the Terriers won college hockey’s ultimate prize in 2009. Minnesota is 4-3 all-time against the Terriers in the NCAA tournament (11-12-2 overall). However, Boston University has won two straight NCAA tournament games against Minnesota and both games were in the national semifinals. The Terriers ended the Gophers’ season in 1994 and 1995. Boston University won 4-1 on March 31, 1994, at the St. Paul Civic Center and 7-3 on March 30, 1995, at the Providence Civic Center in Providence, R.I.
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X