Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    Really? So, a playoff game where the momentum was all on your side and then finally it swung the other way and you collapsed carries less wait then games that in the grand scheme of things were mostly meaningless?

Okey Dokey.
    Good lord what a useless debate!

There's no way to know which is more meaningful. If the TEAM becomes demoralized by blowing six goals in 35 minutes, then that is more important. If they get together and say NO ****ING WAY that happens again, then it is less important.

Comment

Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
      it would make me chuckle if your last goal of the season was against daloot.
      That, my good man, would make a lot of people chuckle.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
        Good lord what a useless debate!

There's no way to know which is more meaningful. If the TEAM becomes demoralized by blowing six goals in 35 minutes, then that is more important. If they get together and say NO ****ING WAY that happens again, then it is less important.
        This.

I also hope that playing in the tourney essentially at "home" will give them the proper motivation to come out strong and not take a period off.
        Originally posted by CavalryNate
        Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
          Oh my but it would make me chuckle to see BU play Western MI in the regional final.
          I made that exact same comment to a UND friend when the brackets were announced, since all the focus will be on a UND-MN rematch. Obviously I want my team to win it, but having unexpected results next Saturday would have a certain humor value after all the barking we're going to hear this week from the two fanbases.

Comment

Originally posted by Driftryder View Post
            This.

I also hope that playing in the tourney essentially at "home" will give them the proper motivation to come out strong and not take a period off.
            Here's what I don't understand. How have Gopher fans not purchased tons of tickets yet? at 11 am, I could get tickets on the blue line row 15. Prime seats. How big will that advantage really be now with thousands of Sioux fans purchasing tickets?
            AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
              Here's what I don't understand. How have Gopher fans not purchased tons of tickets yet?
              No confidence in the team + several years of no NCAA bids = fans don't know what to do.

Comment

BU played .500 hockey the past couple of months and as has been well documented, they lost 2 of their top forwards (including their leading goal scorer), a 3rd lower line forward and a top 4 D-man during the season due to various reasons. Parker will get them Jacked up no doubt, but they really only skate 2 decent lines and 4 legit D-men.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                  No confidence in the team + several years of no NCAA bids = fans don't know what to do.
                  Shouldn't they be excited for their return to postseason play though?
                  AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Not after Friday night's Cleveland steamer of a 3rd period.

Plus bear in mind that many fans aren't as plugged in as we are - and probably didn't know MN had already secured a spot in the tournament even with the loss.

Comment

Yes, I think plenty of Gopher fans will be in attendance.
                      Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Sioux fans are sky high on their team now (as they should be). I'm guessing it will be 50/50 fan distribution IF the Sioux and Gophers win Saturday. Both teams have tough games, but if they meet it will be an 18,000 sellout Sunday. I'm really looking forward to the Boston U vs Minnesota matchup. Eruzione, Silk, O'Callahan, and Craig should be flying in to join their fellow 1980 Olympicans to watch this game.

Comment

Any chance UND fans cheer for Minnesota on Saturday if they win their game against WMU?

Comment

Originally posted by HoosierBBall_GopherHockey View Post
                            Any chance UND fans cheer for Minnesota on Saturday if they win their game against WMU?
                            That'll happen about the same time that BC/BU fans hug each other and sing "Kumbayah."
                            Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                            Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by 80Miracle View Post
                              Sioux fans are sky high on their team now (as they should be). I'm guessing it will be 50/50 fan distribution IF the Sioux and Gophers win Saturday. Both teams have tough games, but if they meet it will be an 18,000 sellout Sunday. I'm really looking forward to the Boston U vs Minnesota matchup. Eruzione, Silk, O'Callahan, and Craig should be flying in to join their fellow 1980 Olympicans to watch this game.
                              UND fans are sky high on this team, but they don't have lofty expectations, even after the recent run. This teams keep overperforming, and getting through the regional would be another surprise. The gophers have to be the favorite, IMO, though without a real power in the WCHA, it's hard to assess BU and WM's chances.

Comment

Originally posted by Bakunin View Post
                                Not after Friday night's Cleveland steamer of a 3rd period.

Plus bear in mind that many fans aren't as plugged in as we are - and probably didn't know MN had already secured a spot in the tournament even with the loss.
                                If they bought any tickets through the on-line function they have already gotten the e-mail about it.

Comment

Working...
                                X