Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    You're right, I suppose it is polite to visit someone else's house, then rag on his family. Loose analogy, but I think my point is clear.
    That is quite possibly the worst analogy I've ever read.
    "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Huh?
      ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

You're right, I suppose it is polite to visit someone else's house, then rag on his family. Loose analogy, but I think my point is clear.
        More of a terrible analogy than a loose one actually.

Whether or not a Gopher fan started this place is irrelevant. This website was created to be a national college hockey website, so the fanbase of those who created it does not matter. This was not and never was GopherPuckLive or SiouxSports, so making fun of one particular fanbase is in no way impolite. If a Michigan, Wisconsin or Maine fan started this website would you care when people made fun of the Wolverines, Badgers or Black Bears?
        Last edited by Dirty; 03-22-2012, 03:14 PM.
        Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
        when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
        Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

• Originally posted by bronconick View Post
          That is quite possibly the worst analogy I've ever read.
          I think the analogy is fine. You just don't agree with the point I'm making. The site was started by a Gopher fan, so I think complaining about the fact that Gopher fans post here is a little out of line.

Comment

I think the analogy is fine. You just don't agree with the point I'm making. The site was started by a Gopher fan, so I think complaining about the fact that Gopher fans post here is a little out of line.
            Seriously, genius. Your last post doesn't say that. In fact, it is still on the same page. In response to Dirty's sarcasm that we should all be sucking up to Gophers, you compared this place to going into a Gopher fan's home and ragging on his family.

This place is in no way a Gopher fan's home. Your colors are not blue and white, for starters, and despite your best efforts, the site is pretty indifferent overall to the Gophers.

If you're going to use a "website=place analogy", this is a public beach where the park attached to it was designed by a Gopher fan. If I want to call the Gophers scum sucking demons from hell on a public beach, you're going to have to suck it up and deal with it, or move your towel and umbrella somewhere else.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

To be fair, I believe that the complaints are only regarding certain Gopher fans (ahem), not all Gopher fans.

Comment

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post

Looks like the fans picking UND has dropped since I last checked to 84%

Again, not saying that the metrics point to UND being heavy favorites, but the fans and media's perception seems to be that they are. So, don't be surprised to see the media make a big deal out of Western win should they pull off the upset.
                LOL at nobody picking Union as well as one guy picking Cornell.

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                - The Gophers were REALLY good that year. Heading down the stretch and into the NCAAs, they were the only team that could go toe to toe with the Badgers and possibly beat them. Both teams had been number one for large stretches of that season and both were loaded with talent. To be honest, they were the only team that I didn't want to see in the FF, even though they hadn't beaten the Badgers when we had Elliot.
                I seem to remember BC and Cornell going toe to toe with the almighty Badgers...both times in your backyard. Didn't win, but certainly went toe to toe in hostile environments.

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Hooray! Another factoid from Dubbs about how Minnesota is the utopia of the world! At least this one is unique though. USCHO was started by a Minnesotan and everyone should suck up to everything Gopher because of it.
                Is Bobby Valentine from Minnesota? He claims to have invented the wrap sandwich...

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                  Too many Gopher trolls (man, the last four years were fun) to improve it. I suppose I could lock the thread or delete it, but then there would just be another thread started by Gopher trolls, and it would probably be worse. I miss back when Gopher fans had fun things to say, and were fun to banter back and forth with. Now it is just "you suck, we're the best...blah blah blah..."

Of course, there are far fewer Sioux fans that post on here anymore either, so perhaps that has something to do with it too. Either way...this thread sucks...

There is plenty of credit... I mean blame to go around for this thread sucking. Enough on both the Gopher and whioux side. But that being said let's agree to just blame Gurt. He's the only one blatently trolling with no vested interest in the region. All in favor?

Comment

I will miss Sioux Gopher threads...

Comment

Originally posted by gopheritall View Post
                      Agreed.

Plus the Whioux have been marketing how short handed they are all year so that they can have an excuse. Of course, reality is somewhat different than that.
                      Maybe most of us are more realistic than the average Gopher fan. I thought last year's team was the best in college hockey. I thought they were rightfully favored to win it all. Of course, it's hockey. Better yet, it's one and done hockey, so anything can happen.
                      University of North Dakota

National Championships: 8
                      Frozen Fours: 22
                      Conference Titles: 17
                      14 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post

I seem to remember BC and Cornell going toe to toe with the almighty Badgers...both times in your backyard. Didn't win, but certainly went toe to toe in hostile environments.
                        I was referring to going into the NCAAs and the context of the Gophers losing that first Friday night. Going into the tourney, neither Cornell or BC were seen as sure contenders.

I've said elsewhere that Cornell gave us a heck of a time - easily our biggest challenge.

I recently re-watched the game against BC and I wouldn't say that BC went "toe to toe" with us other than on the scoreboard. The chances were heavily in favor of the Badgers and the game could have easily been a 5-1 affair. That said, it wasn't and BC had a chance at the end.

Comment

How do you even know this? Why would you even care?

Is there an Accomplishments by Minnesotans in Hockey handbook or something?
                          Last edited by Gurtholfin; 03-22-2012, 03:25 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiggsy View Post
                            There is plenty of credit... I mean blame to go around for this thread sucking. Enough on both the Gopher and whioux side. But that being said let's agree to just blame Gurt. He's the only one blatently trolling with no vested interest in the region. All in favor?
                            Unfair! I have interest. It's just hater/negative interest.

Comment

Is there a Accomplishments by Minnesotans in Hockey handbook or something?
                              There is. However, JDubbs Copy is quite worn out, and most of the pages are stuck together.
                              North Dakota
                              National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Unfair! I have interest. It's just hater/negative interest.
                                Hate the player, not the game! Besides I was just attempting to through something out there to unite this thread give it a chance to suck a little less. Sorry Dubbs, but looks like it may shift to you instead of Gurt. I tried.

Comment

Working...
                                X