Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
    UND fans can't trash Western too much. They are like minded institutions after all. If they belittle them, they are belittling their newly formed league.
    FWIW, North Dakota fans have been very respectful to Western Michigan, and I think any Sioux fan realizes that North Dakota is probably a 50/50 shot to advance past the Broncos. Minnesota fans have been the ones trashing Western, comparing them to Holy Cross. Western Michigan just won the most difficult conference tournament, knocking off the #2 and #4 ranked teams according to KRACH. Western Michigan is #7, while North Dakota is #3...it should be a very even matchup. Throw in Minnesota (#10) and BU (#9), and you have 4 of the top 10 teams in the country playing in this regional. Anything can happen, and probably will.

That being said, this thread sucks...
    North Dakota
    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
      FWIW, North Dakota fans have been very respectful to Western Michigan, and I think any Sioux fan realizes that North Dakota is probably a 50/50 shot to advance past the Broncos. Minnesota fans have been the ones trashing Western, comparing them to Holy Cross. Western Michigan just won the most difficult conference tournament, knocking off the #2 and #4 ranked teams according to KRACH. Western Michigan is #7, while North Dakota is #3...it should be a very even matchup. Throw in Minnesota (#10) and BU (#9), and you have 4 of the top 10 teams in the country playing in this regional. Anything can happen, and probably will.

That being said, this thread sucks...
      I don't think anyone is trashing Western. Just stating the facts. 90%+ of people filling out brackets (and a vast majority of the media) are picking UND to beat Western. That probably includes a very healthy dose of UND fans filling out brackets. Not to mention, it's a #4 seed versus a #1 seed.
      Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 03-22-2012, 12:21 PM.
      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
        I don't think anyone is trashing Western. Just stating the facts. 90%+ of people filling out brackets (and a vast majority of the media) are picking UND to beat Western. That probably includes a very healthy dose of UND fans filling out brackets.
        The majority of those 90%+ (wherever you got those numbers from...I have no idea) pick UND because 1)they will blindly pick North Dakota because that is their favorite team, 2)they pick North Dakota because they are the #1 seed, or 3) they pick North Dakota because they have never heard of Western Michigan.

That doesn't change the fact that according to KRACH the top two teams in the regional are playing the first game, and it should be extremely close, and either team stands a very good chance at winning. It also doesn't change the fact that this thread sucks...
        North Dakota

Comment

I don't think anyone is trashing Western. Just stating the facts. 90%+ of people filling out brackets (and a vast majority of the media) are picking UND to beat Western. That probably includes a very healthy dose of UND fans filling out brackets. Not to mention, it's a #4 seed versus a #1 seed.
          gopher fans will cling to any hope that someday they won't be known for the biggest chokejob of all time... it's not UNH or Yale and it certainly will not be WMU if they happen to beat this UND team.

Comment

• Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            The majority of those 90%+ (wherever you got those numbers from...I have no idea) pick UND because 1)they will blindly pick North Dakota because that is their favorite team, 2)they pick North Dakota because they are the #1 seed, or 3) they pick North Dakota because they have never heard of Western Michigan.

That doesn't change the fact that according to KRACH the top two teams in the regional are playing the first game, and it should be extremely close, and either team stands a very good chance at winning. It also doesn't change the fact that this thread sucks...
            Oh, I agree. I was just stating that a vast majority of people aren't giving Western much of a shot. It isn't just Gopher fans. In fact, I'd venture to guess more are UND fans for the reasons you outlined.

I think most people would consider it a significant upset if UND lost.
            Last edited by mnstate0fhockey; 03-22-2012, 12:42 PM.

Comment

I'm trashing Western. We're awful. You should just sent your women's teams out against us to keep it competitive.
              "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                gopher fans will cling to any hope that someday they won't be known for the biggest chokejob of all time... it's not UNH or Yale and it certainly will not be WMU if they happen to beat this UND team.
                I'm not saying it will be a big upset than Holy Cross, but it will be a significant upset. And until your head coach wins it all, I wouldn't necessarily be throwing the word "choke" around. He's coughed up his share of favorable situations. Just my opinion.

Comment

I'm not saying it will be a big upset than Holy Cross, but it will be a significant upset. And until your head coach wins it all, I wouldn't necessarily be throwing the word "choke" around. He's coughed up his share of favorable situations. Just my opinion.
                  gopher fans throw the "choke" word around more than any other fanbase... maybe they should tone in back a bit until someone else has a Holy Cross moment. Just my opinion.

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                    gopher fans throw the "choke" word around more than any other fanbase... maybe they should tone in back a bit until someone else has a Holy Cross moment. Just my opinion.
                    Not me. Both teams have won a great deal. You win some, you lose some. Personally, I wouldn't classify either program as chokers.

Comment

sigh.
                      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                        sigh.
                        Quit reading the thread then.

Understandable though coming from a Mankato State fan.

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                          Bull****. Your fanbase hurled this term at Gopher fans for the better part of 20 years. The jdubbs of the world have a long way to go to equal that.

Plus Michigan already had their Holy Cross moment in losing to Air Force a few years ago. There was also the Bemidji run to the frozen four that embarrassed a couple teams as well, and of course there was the UND loss to Yale in the first round not all that long ago.

Oh, and I'd be remiss to overlook RIT's run to the F4 where they embarrassed Denver and UNH (I think that was the second team they beat).

The bottom line is good teams that make the tournament a lot have their share of first round flubs.
                          Last edited by Bakunin; 03-22-2012, 01:12 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                            sigh.
                            agreed. This thread sucks...
                            North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                              agreed. This thread sucks...
                              Then do something to improve it, or you can just get the **** out and stop complaining about how bad it is, you sanctimonious twat squirt.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
                                Quit reading the thread then.

Understandable though coming from a Mankato State fan.
                                Don't bother responding that to confused ******.......please.
                                "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Working...
                                X