Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
    I'm picking UND. They'll have the most fans there.
    Scoobs, remember, we didn't get a lot of snow...no need for the sandbags.
    Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
    Originally posted by Quizmire
    mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
    MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
    MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
    I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
      How'd you guys get down to 17 skaters? Multiple injuries? Some late defections that didn't get filled last summer?
      JT Miller's spot was filled by Connor Gaarder. The problem has been ineligibility and injuries. Colten St. Claire was declared ineligible due to the NCAA being dinks and Rocco Grimaldi hurt his kneecap in practice before the season started. Derek Rodwell hurt his shoulder. I don't remember what happened to Brendan O'Donnell. All are out for the season. Taylor Dickin hurt his knee a few weeks ago and he may be out for the season.
      Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
      when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
      Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by bronconick View Post
        How'd you guys get down to 17 skaters? Multiple injuries? Some late defections that didn't get filled last summer?
        Yes. Yes.

J.T. Miller left to play in Canada, Jason Gregoire and Brett Hextall left early, St. Clair got screwed by the NCAA Clearinghouse, DiPuma didn't (legitimately) make it past Clearinghouse, Mike Cichy and Brett Bruneteau transferred, and Rocco Grimaldi, Derek Rodwell, and Brendan O'Donnell are out for the rest of the season. Taylor Dickin has also been out for the last month or so, and we have been only able to dress 17 skaters. Of our 11 forwards, two are defensemen playing forward (one of which is a walk-on) and we have three other walk-ons playing forward. We have 6 scholarship forwards on the team right now. IF the Sioux are able to make it to the Frozen Four, Hakstol should be Coach of the Year in a heartbeat.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
          Yes. Yes.

J.T. Miller left to play in Canada, Jason Gregoire and Brett Hextall left early, St. Clair got screwed by the NCAA Clearinghouse, DiPuma didn't (legitimately) make it past Clearinghouse, Mike Cichy and Brett Bruneteau transferred, and Rocco Grimaldi, Derek Rodwell, and Brendan O'Donnell are out for the rest of the season. Taylor Dickin has also been out for the last month or so, and we have been only able to dress 17 skaters. Of our 11 forwards, two are defensemen playing forward (one of which is a walk-on) and we have three other walk-ons playing forward. We have 6 scholarship forwards on the team right now. IF the Sioux are able to make it to the Frozen Four, Hakstol should be Coach of the Year in a heartbeat.
          They put up 6 on the best defensive team in the WCHA and managed to hold them to under their average in goals. They're the favorite to come out of the regional, especially with the fan support they have.
          **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
          Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

Holy God. Give him the coach of the year trophy now.
            "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

They put up 6 on the best defensive team in the WCHA and managed to hold them to under their average in goals. They're the favorite to come out of the regional, especially with the fan support they have.
              They put 6 up on Patterson who was super-sievetastic on Friday. Prior to the meltdown on Friday night, Minnesota had held North Dakota to 6 goals in 275 minutes of play. I think the last 25 minutes on Friday were more of an aberration than an indicator of what would happen IF both schools are lucky enough to get to the Regional Final.
              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                They put 6 up on Patterson who was super-sievetastic on Friday. Prior to the meltdown on Friday night, Minnesota had held North Dakota to 6 goals in 275 minutes of play. I think the last 25 minutes on Friday were more of an aberration than an indicator of what would happen IF both schools are lucky enough to get to the Regional Final.
                So, the most important 25 minutes carry less wait then the previous 275 minutes. Got it.
                **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

So, the most important 25 minutes carry less wait then the previous 275 minutes. Got it.
                  Actually, kinda yes.

Sample size.
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

The first 35 minutes of that game were just as important as the final 25.

Ultimately, I would rather make a prediction based on 90% of the play, than 10%. How you choose to make your predictions is up to you.
                    North Dakota

Comment

keep telling yourself that the goofs are underdogs scoobs... no one believes that but you.

Comment

The last 25 minutes could be rather telling of the team's mentality, though. Important game + raucous atmosphere = meltdown when the opponent cranks up their play.

And by seeding, UND *is* the favorite. MN is merely the 8th best team in the field.

Comment

Oh my but it would make me chuckle to see BU play Western MI in the regional final. I think Minnesota goes to the Frozen Four.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
                            Oh my but it would make me chuckle to see BU play Western MI in the regional final. I think Minnesota goes to the Frozen Four.
                            it would make me chuckle if your last goal of the season was against daloot.

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                              Actually, kinda yes.

Sample size.
                              Really? So, a playoff game where the momentum was all on your side and then finally it swung the other way and you collapsed carries less wait then games that in the grand scheme of things were mostly meaningless?

Okey Dokey.

Comment

It would make me chuckle if we can get Scooby's glass full again.
                                Originally posted by CavalryNate
                                Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...
                                X