Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
    Which team are you a fan of today?
    Bu (if I can get him on interlachen )
    a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
      Which team are you a fan of today?
      His teams coach.

*****http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/6/69/Chris_Burke.jpg/220px-Chris_Burke.jpg******

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
        Us BU fans are learning the differences of a western flame fest. Fewer personal attacks than the east coast ones, maybe we're just closer together so more opposing posters know each other. Will conclude findings later.
        Nobody personally attacks bear red? He's lucky he lives on the East Coast.
        "My greatest achievement."
        Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

My predictions for this region (a.k.a. this years Region of Death):

NoDak will beat Western in semi-final #1.

Minnesota will beat B.U. in semi-final #2.

The final will be Minnesota in a hard-fought game. However, NoDak fans beware, Western is a very young team who thinks that they can play with anyone. It's rare that I pull for North Dakota but please put wastern in their place.
          Originally posted by alfablue
          Still bitter, eh? Gotta get over it someday. He left, and UMICH was right.
          Originally posted by Nick Papagiorgio
          I think Notre Dame should wear sparkly silver helmets to match all their runner-up trophies.

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
            Why the winking smiley? Think I can't take what YOU are going to throw around? Please.
            Careful, he might begin throwing fecal matter at any moment as he recreates what MN did in the 3rd period last Friday.

Comment

• Originally posted by UMICH View Post
              However, NoDak fans beware, Western is a very young team who thinks that they can play with anyone. It's rare that I pull for North Dakota but please put wastern in their place.
              Thanks for chiming in on this thread. Pretty sure our play has proven we can play with anyone.

Butt hurt fan will be butt hurt
              Western Michigan University Bronco Hockey
              Home of the Lawson Lunatics

Comment

Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                Hooray! Dubbs is back to turn another thread into How Minnesota Cured Cancer and Various Other Miracles Performed by Awesome Minnesota. Minnesota. Aweseome. Minnesota.
                All true, but then you're on the hook for wasmania, SoCal, sioux7, willythekid, etc. Yours outnumber ours 4 to 1.
                Last edited by Slap Shot; 03-21-2012, 11:33 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                  All true, but then you're on the hook for wasmania, SoCal, sioux7, willythekid, etc. Yours outnumbers ours 4 to 1.
                  SIM/Happy cancel each other out. Other than that......
                  Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                  Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
                    All true, but then you're on the hook for wasmania, SoCal, sioux7, willythekid, etc. Yours outnumber ours 4 to 1.
                    As an impartial observer(), let me say that the sum of those is less than half as annoying as your boy.

Comment

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
                      As an impartial observer(), let me say that the sum of those is less than half as annoying as your boy.
                      Not even. And JDubbs can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned.
                      Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                      Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                        Bu (if I can get him on interlachen )
                        Boom!
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                          Why the winking smiley? Think I can't take what YOU are going to throw around? Please.
                          Been awhile since ive seen you this cranky
                          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Agganis View Post
                            Us BU fans are learning the differences of a western flame fest. Fewer personal attacks than the east coast ones, maybe we're just closer together so more opposing posters know each other. Will conclude findings later.
                            In respect for the NC$$ the decibels of the traditional sioux-goph Insult Bowl seem to be somewhat muted. Just don't sit between their fans.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

Interesting read about the history of the meetings between the first round foes. That '97 team won the national title, and the '98 team went 30-8-1, so it was tough time to play the Sioux.

Brawls, interlocks and blowouts: The history of all-time series between NCAA first-round opponents

One-sided: North Dakota vs. Western Michigan
                              North Dakota and Western Michigan worked out a home-and-home series trade in the 1996-97 and 1997-98 seasons, the first end when the Broncos were coming off an NCAA tournament appearance.

But Western Michigan had slipped by the time it first faced the Fighting Sioux, and UND won all four meetings.

Two items of note: The Broncos allowed eight goals in the third period of a 12-5 loss on Jan. 2, 1998, a Western Michigan record for goals allowed in a period that still stands. And Broncos coach Andy Murray’s son, Brady, played for North Dakota from 2003 to 2005.

Here’s the series list:

Jan. 3, 1997 — North Dakota 6, at Western Michigan 3
                              Jan. 4, 1997 — North Dakota 5, at Western Michigan 3
                              Jan. 2, 1998 — at North Dakota 12, Western Michigan 5
                              Jan. 3, 1998 — at North Dakota 5, Western Michigan 1
                              Last edited by TheEagle; 03-22-2012, 01:42 AM.
                              University of North Dakota

National Championships: 8
                              Frozen Fours: 22
                              Conference Titles: 17
                              14 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                                Not even. And JDubbs can burn in hell as far as I'm concerned.
                                you guys also have Jockstock, mariucci/mnstateofhockey, and dx.
                                Jordan Kawaguchi for Hobey!!
                                Originally posted by Quizmire
                                mns, this is why i love you.

Originally posted by Markt
                                MNS - forking genius.

Originally posted by asterisk hat
                                MNS - sometimes you gotta answer your true calling. I think yours is being a pimp.

Originally posted by hockeybando
                                I am a fan of MNS.

Comment

Working...
                                X