Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
    How times have changed. Yes back in 1980 Minnesota was known for excellent hockey. Since then the sport has grown. It's nice to have the Gophers around, however:

-- The best player development seems to be happening outside of Minnesota in juniors.

-- Youth hockey programs are developing players everywhere these days. There are now top tier youth hockey teams all across the country. I have lived in California since the mid 80's and have seen tremendous growth here.

-- Minnesota seems to barely support one NHL team. California has three NHL teams and all three teams are ahead of the Minnesota team in the standings and all three are very successful financially.

Last night I went to see the Kings/Sharks game and the place was filled (18,000 fans). Most noticable was the large number of youth hockey players at the game. Also in attandance at the game was the LA Selects Pee Wee team. The LA Selects had just won the legendary Quebec International Pee Wee Hockey Tournament. The tournament featured 110 teams from 14 countries and is considered the World Championships in Pee Wee hockey.

These 12 year old California born and raised "World Champions", will be playing junior hockey soon, and they will be getting college scholorship offers soon. Good thing the Fighting Sioux do have a recruiting pipeline to California. Do the Gophers recruit the best players from California?
    1.) The NHL considers Minnesota the most important market in the USA they would be behind Ontario and B.C. and they do support their NHL team. It is only been year and half since they sold out every game so it looks like they support the Wild.
    Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
    dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
    wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by Gurtholfin View Post
      I appreciate Burd's support, but I'm never gonna get in an argument over which losing (or more importantly which NON-NCAA) team sucks harder. All 3 of our programs strive for the NCAA's at a minimum and 6th place is the same as 9th as far as I'm concerned. We didn't make the NCAA's = failure of a season. To me anyway.

I will agree with him however that I am great no matter what the Badgers do...
      Anything other than first place, you are loser. Second place is for the birds.
      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        Pro teams come and go.

Minnesota is hockey. We're arrogant because we're Minnesota.

I've never truly understood why anyone would have a US license plate...when they could have a Minnesota plate. Seriously. Minnesota really is at the top end of what the US brings to the table:

Minnesota had the top rated city in the country the past two years (Plymouth and Eden Prarie)...and 5 of the top 20 cities in the US this year (Money/CNN)

Minnesota has more Fortune 500 companies per capita than any other state. The state’s dynamic economy has increased the number of Fortune 500 companies from 14 in 2000 to 21 in the 2010 rankings.

Hennepin County in the Twin Cities ranks second nationwide in the number of new plants and expansions (48), according to 2010 rankings by Site Selection.

Minneapolis-St. Paul is America’s third-best city for young professionals, according to 2010 rankings by Forbes. Indicators for these rankings include cost of living, large companies, elite graduates, average income, and unemployment.

Minneapolis-St. Paul is the fourth-best metropolitan area for business, according to 2009 rankings by MarketWatch.

Minnesota is the fourth-most competitive state, based on 2009 rankings by the Beacon Hill Institute. The state ranks particularly high in human resources (second), public safety (third), and technology (fifth).

Minnesota residents rank fifth in labor force participation rates in the nation (71.9 percent), according to 2009 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The Twin Cities metropolitan area ranks fifth among financial hubs in the country, according to a 2010 article by the Wall Street Journal Digital Network. The Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area is home to U.S. Bancorp, Ameriprise Financial and the Ninth District of the Federal Reserve System.

Minnesota ranks sixth in patents per capita in 2009, surpassing other high-tech states such as New York (15th), Texas (17th), and Illinois (19th), according to the Beacon Hill Institute.

Facts speak for themselves.

Wow...great facts! Yet, it is still a wonder to me why your state is so far in debt that it will never dig itself out. Wierd!

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
          *****http://www.oddee.com/_media/imgs/articles2/a97266_g176_6-limo.jpg******

Technical difficulties aside, great ride for Whioux fans.
          Shame on me this time

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
            There is always a potential BC-UND Frozen Four matchup it seems. That being said, this North Dakota team should not be seen as the favorite. They are playing 17 guys, and have zero depth. The only way we get to Tampa is if Dell stands on his head.

......and as injury riddled as the Sioux are, and with 7 freshman playing.......AND playing what......4-5 walkon's? I agree, the Sioux should not be considered a favorite.

Comment

-- The best player development seems to be happening outside of Minnesota in juniors.
              As opposed to where players from other states develop?* This point really makes very little sense.
              --* Youth hockey programs are developing players everywhere these days.* There are now top tier youth hockey teams all across the country.* I have lived in California since the mid 80's and have seen tremendous growth here.
              The population of California is 37,691,912 and last year they had 22,305 registered hockey players.* Minnesota has a population of 5,344,861 and last year had 54,325 registered players.* Enough said.
              -- Minnesota seems to barely support one NHL team.** California has three NHL teams and all three teams are ahead of the Minnesota team in the standings and all three are very successful financially
              Again, look at the population difference.* Your arguments are getting weaker and weaker.
              Last night I went to see the Kings/Sharks game and the place was filled (18,000 fans).* Most noticable was the large number of youth hockey players at the game.** Also in attandance at the game was the LA Selects Pee Wee team.* The LA Selects had just won the legendary Quebec International Pee Wee Hockey Tournament.* The tournament featured 110 teams from 14 countries and is considered the World Championships in Pee Wee hockey.
              And this is proof of what?* Seriously, getting more laughable by the moment.
              These 12 year old California born and raised "World Champions", will be playing junior hockey soon, and they will be getting college scholorship offers soon. Good thing the Fighting Sioux do have a recruiting pipeline to California.** Do the Gophers recruit the best players from California?
              Why do you need a recruiting pipeline to California when you just landed the Top 3 players in the 1995 birth year (Hudson Fasching, Gabe Guertler, and Taylor Cammarata) per Chris Peters of USofHockey.* Cammarata is 8th in the USHL in scoring as a 16-year old.* By the way, UND went after and lost out to all three recruits.* I sure hope that California pipeline is producing J

Comment

What's with the asterisks?*

Comment

These 12 year old California born and raised "World Champions", will be playing junior hockey soon, and they will be getting college scholorship offers soon. Good thing the Fighting Sioux do have a recruiting pipeline to California. Do the Gophers recruit the best players from California?
                  Yes, I'm sure all 12 year old kids are thinking "Hey, lets go to the middle of the country where there is a virtual wasteland and choke on the national stage year after year. Sounds like fun!"

Comment

Hooray! Dubbs is back to turn another thread into How Minnesota Cured Cancer and Various Other Miracles Performed by Awesome Minnesota. Minnesota. Aweseome. Minnesota.
                    Hollywood Hair Care Tip for Infinity (Directly from Hollywood himself)
                    when its minus 20 and u have to go outside.. make sure u wear a winter hat as the mohawk does not enjoy the winter weathe(r)
                    Hollywood Amazingness

Comment

Originally posted by CavalryNate
                      Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by JDUBBS1280 View Post
                        As opposed to where players from other states develop?* This point really makes very little sense.

The population of California is 37,691,912 and last year they had 22,305 registered hockey players.* Minnesota has a population of 5,344,861 and last year had 54,325 registered players.* Enough said.

Again, look at the population difference.* Your arguments are getting weaker and weaker.

And this is proof of what?* Seriously, getting more laughable by the moment.

Why do you need a recruiting pipeline to California when you just landed the Top 3 players in the 1995 birth year (Hudson Fasching, Gabe Guertler, and Taylor Cammarata) per Chris Peters of USofHockey.* Cammarata is 8th in the USHL in scoring as a 16-year old.* By the way, UND went after and lost out to all three recruits.* I sure hope that California pipeline is producing J
                        No one cares.
                        **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                        Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                          No one cares.
                          Apparently the guy I responded to does. Or did you not notice that he started the discussion? I take it by your choice not to respond to him, but only to me, that you agree with him. Very telling.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirty View Post
                            Hooray! Dubbs is back to turn another thread into How Minnesota Cured Cancer and Various Other Miracles Performed by Awesome Minnesota. Minnesota. Aweseome. Minnesota.
                            I don't recall saying anything about curing cancer. Perhaps you should reread my post.

Comment

Apparently the guy I responded to does. Or did you not notice that he started the discussion? I take it by your choice not to respond to him, but only to me, that you agree with him. Very telling.
                              I don't recall saying anything about curing cancer. Perhaps you should reread my post.
                              No one cares.
                              **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
                              Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Originally posted by ScoobyDoo View Post
                                No one cares.
                                Apparently you do. You keep responding. I was simply replying to a discussion started by someone else. If you don't like the conversation, I'd suggest taking it up with the originator or simply ignoring our discussion.

Comment

Working...
                                X