Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
      eh this one really wasn't all that funny...
      Wasn't meant to be funny. It was bait.
      "My greatest achievement."
      Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
        You should lead a succession movement!
        Uh, . . .

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
        Who is he going to succeed? (for our resident UMD edumacated teacher - I think you might mean a secession movement)
        Never mind. I'm too late.
        Bugs Bunny - 96
        Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
          Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
          Wingah?
          Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
          Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
            Wingah?
            This isn't some goldeny showery kind of sleazy secret is it??
            Bugs Bunny - 96
            Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
              This isn't some goldeny showery kind of sleazy secret is it??
              Wingah (legal USCHO name is winger, used to live on the east coast) hates pants. Her greeting to the board was "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Old USCHO meme.
              Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
              Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                Pro teams come and go.

Minnesota is hockey. We're arrogant because we're Minnesota.

I've never truly understood why anyone would have a US license plate...when they could have a Minnesota plate. Seriously. Minnesota really is at the top end of what the US brings to the table:

Minnesota had the top rated city in the country the past two years (Plymouth and Eden Prarie)...and 5 of the top 20 cities in the US this year (Money/CNN)

Minnesota has more Fortune 500 companies per capita than any other state. The state’s dynamic economy has increased the number of Fortune 500 companies from 14 in 2000 to 21 in the 2010 rankings.

Hennepin County in the Twin Cities ranks second nationwide in the number of new plants and expansions (48), according to 2010 rankings by Site Selection.

Minneapolis-St. Paul is America’s third-best city for young professionals, according to 2010 rankings by Forbes. Indicators for these rankings include cost of living, large companies, elite graduates, average income, and unemployment.

Minneapolis-St. Paul is the fourth-best metropolitan area for business, according to 2009 rankings by MarketWatch.

Minnesota is the fourth-most competitive state, based on 2009 rankings by the Beacon Hill Institute. The state ranks particularly high in human resources (second), public safety (third), and technology (fifth).

Minnesota residents rank fifth in labor force participation rates in the nation (71.9 percent), according to 2009 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The Twin Cities metropolitan area ranks fifth among financial hubs in the country, according to a 2010 article by the Wall Street Journal Digital Network. The Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area is home to U.S. Bancorp, Ameriprise Financial and the Ninth District of the Federal Reserve System.

Minnesota ranks sixth in patents per capita in 2009, surpassing other high-tech states such as New York (15th), Texas (17th), and Illinois (19th), according to the Beacon Hill Institute.

Facts speak for themselves.
                Totally. The state of Minnesota tends to rank in the top five or ten on many important socioeconomic factors, hockey being one of them

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  Minnesota really is at the top end of what the US brings to the table:

Minnesota had the top rated city . . .more Fortune 500 companies per capita . . . second nationwide in the number of new plants and expansions . . . third-best city for young professionals . . . .fourth-best metropolitan area for business . . . fourth-most competitive state . . . . fifth in labor force participation rates . . . etc etc etc
                  And still nobody knows how to pull into the intersection making a left on green.
                  Bugs Bunny - 96
                  Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                    Wingah (legal USCHO name is winger, used to live on the east coast) hates pants. Her greeting to the board was "weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!" Old USCHO meme.
                    Ah. Whew. That's not so bad.
                    Bugs Bunny - 96
                    Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      The lakers left there
                      The north stars left there

What more evidence does one need??
                      The Lakers left because they didn't have set stadium to play in.
                      The North Stars left because they didn't have a NHL caliber stadium to play in.
                      The state of Minnesota really isn't a "pro" sports market more like Denver.
                      Slap Shot - 444 might want to consider a restraining order.
                      dggoddard - Minnesota is THE ELITE Program in all of college hockey.
                      wasmania - you have to be the very best to get ice time with the great gophers!

Comment

In starting to remember why March and April are the worst months on the forum...
                        AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

MavHockey14 admit that I wasn't trying to be funny and we are ok.

Comment

*****http://i44.tinypic.com/qxnlfs.png******
                            the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by state of hockey View Post
                              *****http://i44.tinypic.com/qxnlfs.png******
                              I admitted my part. I missed JDubbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
                                No. What that means is that DirecTV customers in those states get FSN (and FSN +) as part of their package (assuming they have a package with their local sports network, which pretty much every package, except the lowest, has). Customers outside of those states have to purchase the Sports Pack in order to get those channels. It's something like $10-12/month, and can be cancelled at any time, so if you want to watch the games call DirecTV up, get the Sports Pack, and then cancel after this weekend. They may try to charge a $10 cancellation fee on top of the prorated monthly amount for the Sports Pack. Obviously, you could also keep the Sports Pack going forward as well.
                                Thanks for the info. Of course now it's all irrelevant since NESN is picking up the game.

Comment

Working...
                                X