Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
    They moved the regional to Grand Rapids?
    eh this one really wasn't all that funny...
    AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by darker98 View Post
      They moved the regional to Grand Rapids?
      No, the IRA Civic Center doesn't hold enough people.

Minnesota's Pride On Ice: 1974, 1976, 1979, 2002 & 2003 NCAA National Champions

And the preacher said, you know you always have the Lord by your side
      And I was so pleased to be informed of this that I ran
      Twenty red lights in his honor
      Thank you Jesus, thank you Lord

~Mick Jagger/Keith Richards

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
        Pro teams come and go.

Minnesota is hockey. We're arrogant because we're Minnesota.

I've never truly understood why anyone would have a US license plate...when they could have a Minnesota plate. Seriously. Minnesota really is at the top end of what the US brings to the table:

Minnesota had the top rated city in the country the past two years (Plymouth and Eden Prarie)...and 5 of the top 20 cities in the US this year (Money/CNN)

Minnesota has more Fortune 500 companies per capita than any other state. The state’s dynamic economy has increased the number of Fortune 500 companies from 14 in 2000 to 21 in the 2010 rankings.

Hennepin County in the Twin Cities ranks second nationwide in the number of new plants and expansions (48), according to 2010 rankings by Site Selection.

Minneapolis-St. Paul is America’s third-best city for young professionals, according to 2010 rankings by Forbes. Indicators for these rankings include cost of living, large companies, elite graduates, average income, and unemployment.

Minneapolis-St. Paul is the fourth-best metropolitan area for business, according to 2009 rankings by MarketWatch.

Minnesota is the fourth-most competitive state, based on 2009 rankings by the Beacon Hill Institute. The state ranks particularly high in human resources (second), public safety (third), and technology (fifth).

Minnesota residents rank fifth in labor force participation rates in the nation (71.9 percent), according to 2009 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The Twin Cities metropolitan area ranks fifth among financial hubs in the country, according to a 2010 article by the Wall Street Journal Digital Network. The Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area is home to U.S. Bancorp, Ameriprise Financial and the Ninth District of the Federal Reserve System.

Minnesota ranks sixth in patents per capita in 2009, surpassing other high-tech states such as New York (15th), Texas (17th), and Illinois (19th), according to the Beacon Hill Institute.

Minnesota ranks in the top 17 states for business, according to 2010 rankings by Forbes. By category, we rank high in quality of life (fourth), and labor supply (eighth).

Facts speak for themselves.
        Facts speak- the state of hockey lost their professional hockey team to Texas.
        a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Comment

Why does Minnesota use an upside-down W as their logo?

Comment

• Originally posted by duper View Post
              Why does Minnesota use an upside-down W as their logo?
              shows the Wins spilling out?

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                Facts speak- the state of hockey lost their professional hockey team to Texas.
                I'm sure I'm going to regret jumping into this dumb conversation, but A) the moniker "State of Hockey" has little to do with professional hockey, and B) the fact that the North Stars left had little to do with the fan base in Minnesota.
                @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post
                  Pro teams come and go.

Minnesota is hockey. We're arrogant because we're Minnesota.

I've never truly understood why anyone would have a US license plate...when they could have a Minnesota plate. Seriously. Minnesota really is at the top end of what the US brings to the table:

Minnesota had the top rated city in the country the past two years (Plymouth and Eden Prarie)...and 5 of the top 20 cities in the US this year (Money/CNN)

Minnesota has more Fortune 500 companies per capita than any other state. The state’s dynamic economy has increased the number of Fortune 500 companies from 14 in 2000 to 21 in the 2010 rankings.

Hennepin County in the Twin Cities ranks second nationwide in the number of new plants and expansions (48), according to 2010 rankings by Site Selection.

Minneapolis-St. Paul is America’s third-best city for young professionals, according to 2010 rankings by Forbes. Indicators for these rankings include cost of living, large companies, elite graduates, average income, and unemployment.

Minneapolis-St. Paul is the fourth-best metropolitan area for business, according to 2009 rankings by MarketWatch.

Minnesota is the fourth-most competitive state, based on 2009 rankings by the Beacon Hill Institute. The state ranks particularly high in human resources (second), public safety (third), and technology (fifth).

Minnesota residents rank fifth in labor force participation rates in the nation (71.9 percent), according to 2009 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The Twin Cities metropolitan area ranks fifth among financial hubs in the country, according to a 2010 article by the Wall Street Journal Digital Network. The Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area is home to U.S. Bancorp, Ameriprise Financial and the Ninth District of the Federal Reserve System.

Minnesota ranks sixth in patents per capita in 2009, surpassing other high-tech states such as New York (15th), Texas (17th), and Illinois (19th), according to the Beacon Hill Institute.

Facts speak for themselves.
                  Parise, no wonder the Gopher hockey program is quite a bit better than average.

Comment

• Originally posted by mnstate0fhockey View Post
                    I'm sure I'm going to regret jumping into this dumb conversation, but A) the moniker "State of Hockey" has little to do with professional hockey, and B) the fact that the North Stars left had little to do with the fan base in Minnesota.
                    Ah, so you mean "field" hockey?

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                      Ah, so you mean "field" hockey?
                      No, I don't.
                      @MNState0fHockey on Twitter
                      On the Web at www.mnhockeycentral.com
                      High School, Gophers, and Wild News on Facebook at Minnesota Hockey Central

Comment

These "My State of Minnesota" fans are such a strange and entertaining breed of cat. Makes the wait for real hockey discussion on Thursday bearable.

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                          Likely due to having to purchase both days tickets...
                          Same way in Worcester. ********.

Comment

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                            You should lead a succession movement!
                            Who is he going to succeed? (for our resident UMD edumacated teacher - I think you might mean a secession movement)

Comment

This thread is now entering into Jdubbs territory.
                              Originally posted by CavalryNate
                              Disrespecting the Gophers is like disowning your mother the first time you get a girlfriend.
                              sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by goldy_331 View Post
                                Who is he going to succeed? (for our resident UMD edumacated teacher - I think you might mean a secession movement)
                                I was gonna say he's not smart enough to make that certain play on words.
                                Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                                Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Working...
                                X