Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

The Whioux doesn't have one of these let alone 2 in the past decade.

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Memories of BU-Minn since I started following the Terriers in 1987 (note: will know very little about any away games in the early years, as there was no way for me to see them on TV).

- 1987-88 (?) - Peter Fish out-duels Robb Stauber for a stunning 1-0 victory in a generally forgettable season for BU. Chris Lappin with his first career goal.
      - 1994 NCAA semis in St. Paul - As Bomber brought up earlier, this was a very satisfying win, in enemy territory, by a very strong BU team that won it al the next year. Other than scoring during the M-I-N-N-E-S-O-T-A chant, highlights included two goals for Mike Pomichter. Two nights later, the wheels came off, 9-1.
      - 1995 NCAA Semis - BU wins again, in a very entertaining game, Score was 3-3 after 1. FInal was 7-4. Shawn Bates with a clean steal and breakaway goal helped the cause
      - ??? What year did BU go out to Mariucci over break and come away with two high scoring ties? Early 2000s.
      - The last game at Walter Brown / First game at Agganis in 2005. I think the Gophers were the 2-time defending champs. Gophers won the last game, BU won the first game at Agganis.

Other than the brawl game, any others?

Edit: I guess Minn was a couple years removed from their titles.
      Last edited by defkit; 03-20-2012, 08:32 PM.
      BU Hockey: The trophy case is once again growing

Comment

What does a French real estate company south of Lyon have to do with anything, Brent?
        "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by MagnessMan View Post
          Did the X sell out yet? Based on the fact that this regional thread has five times more traffic than the other three, my guess is...YES!
          you can still get four seats together inbetween the top of the circles and the blue line, Row 16. Consider me confused.
          AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
            Past decade.

Two titles in the last 33 years: now that's something to be arrogant about.

Comment

Originally posted by defkit View Post
              - ??? What year did BU go out to Mariucci over break and come away with two high scoring ties? Early 2000s.
              It was 2004. Because it was reciprocated with........

- The last game at Walter Brown / First game at Agganis in 2005. I think the Gophers were the 2-time defending champs. Gophers won the last game, BU won the first game at Agganis.

Comment

Two 5-5 games if I remember correctly. Wow.

Comment

Originally posted by burd View Post
                  Two titles in the last 33 years: now that's something to be arrogant about.
                  We're not arrogant because of our titles.

We're arrogant because we're Minnesota.
                  Go Gophers!

Comment

Originally posted by MavHockey14 View Post
                    you can still get four seats together inbetween the top of the circles and the blue line, Row 16. Consider me confused.
                    Likely due to having to purchase both days tickets...
                    AF 99

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

The lakers left there
                      The north stars left there

What more evidence does one need??
                      a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

Yah sure.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                          The lakers left there

The Vikings?
                          AF 99

Comment

• Originally posted by 5mn_Major View Post

You should lead a succession movement!
                            tUMD Hockey

"And there is a banana running around the DECC." "Well you don't see that every day..."

Comment

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
                              I would love for Minnesota to beat BU. I want another shot at North Dakota and i want a shot of ending there season in the State of Hockey.
                              They moved the regional to Grand Rapids?
                              "My greatest achievement."
                              Dirty on getting me suspended from USCHO.

I'm not an alcoholic! I'm an independent beer taster for Anheuser Busch.

Happy~Smelling like a warm turd sandwich since 11/15/07.

Comment

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                                The lakers left there

Pro teams come and go.

Minnesota is hockey. We're arrogant because we're Minnesota.

Originally posted by Biddco View Post
                                You should lead a succession movement!
                                I've never truly understood why anyone would have a US license plate...when they could have a Minnesota plate. Seriously. Minnesota really is at the top end of what the US brings to the table:

Minnesota had the top rated city in the country the past two years (Plymouth and Eden Prarie)...and 5 of the top 20 cities in the US this year (Money/CNN)

Minnesota has more Fortune 500 companies per capita than any other state. The state’s dynamic economy has increased the number of Fortune 500 companies from 14 in 2000 to 21 in the 2010 rankings.

Hennepin County in the Twin Cities ranks second nationwide in the number of new plants and expansions (48), according to 2010 rankings by Site Selection.

Minneapolis-St. Paul is America’s third-best city for young professionals, according to 2010 rankings by Forbes. Indicators for these rankings include cost of living, large companies, elite graduates, average income, and unemployment.

Minneapolis-St. Paul is the fourth-best metropolitan area for business, according to 2009 rankings by MarketWatch.

Minnesota is the fourth-most competitive state, based on 2009 rankings by the Beacon Hill Institute. The state ranks particularly high in human resources (second), public safety (third), and technology (fifth).

Minnesota residents rank fifth in labor force participation rates in the nation (71.9 percent), according to 2009 data from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

The Twin Cities metropolitan area ranks fifth among financial hubs in the country, according to a 2010 article by the Wall Street Journal Digital Network. The Minneapolis-St. Paul metropolitan area is home to U.S. Bancorp, Ameriprise Financial and the Ninth District of the Federal Reserve System.

Minnesota ranks sixth in patents per capita in 2009, surpassing other high-tech states such as New York (15th), Texas (17th), and Illinois (19th), according to the Beacon Hill Institute.

Facts speak for themselves.
                                Last edited by 5mn_Major; 03-20-2012, 09:17 PM.
                                Go Gophers!

Comment

Working...
                                X