Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    Since, UND and DU destroyed college college you are going to need new material.
    Huh?
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Top 3 Keys to a Sioux victory Saturday:
      1. Captialize on Chances: WMU is very solid defensively, and the pucks that are supposed to go in need to go in for the Sioux to win. The goal scorers need to score.
      2. Dell needs to play well: Goaltending will be huge. If Dell can continue his solid play as of late, the Sioux will definitely have a chance to win this region.
      3. Special Teams: The Sioux need to capitialize on the power play and they most definitely need to stay out of the box. Blood and Forbort have to stay in the game and log a lot of minutes. The Sioux can't take bad penalties like the first half of the Minnesota game.
      AF 99

M-A-V-E-R-I-C-K-S, MAVERICKS, MAVERICKS, GOOOOO STATE!

Comment

Originally posted by Fighting Sioux 23 View Post
        I believe North Dakota only has 12 MacNaughtons. In the early 60s (I believe 62-65), they gave the MacNaughton (not McNaughton) to the playoff champion. North Dakota won Regular Season titles in '63 and '65, but did not get the MacNaughton as playoff champion. Similarly, North Dakota won a WCHA Regular season title in 1982 when the MacNaughton was awarded to the CCHA Champion, as Tech had left the WCHA in '81 and did not return until 1984-1985. As a result, while North Dakota has 15 Regular Season conference championships (more than any other program), they only have 12 MacNaughtons. I believe Denver has 13 MacNaughton Cups, while North Dakota and Minnesota each have 12. That being said, we have 8 Broadmoor Trophies (not to be confused with WCHA Playoff titles), more than any other school in the WCHA.
        I don't know what is correct, but I'm going off this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacNaughton_Cup

I've also read other sites where it shows UND with 15 MacNaughton Cups and Denver and Minnesota with 13.

The University of North Dakota's 15 MacNaughton cups leads the WCHA. The University of Minnesota and Denver University are tied for second with 13 MacNaughton cups each.
        Technically, you may be right, but the main point for me is that they have most conference regular season titles.
        University of North Dakota

National Championships: 8
        Frozen Fours: 22
        Conference Titles: 17
        14 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

I would love for Minnesota to beat BU. I want another shot at North Dakota and i want a shot of ending there season in the State of Hockey.
          Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Comment

Originally posted by Slap Shot View Post
              Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
              Dang you gopher fans are fun.

Comment

Originally posted by TheEagle View Post
                I don't know what is correct, but I'm going off this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MacNaughton_Cup

I've also read other sites where it shows UND with 15 MacNaughton Cups and Denver and Minnesota with 13.

Technically, you may be right, but the main point for me is that they have most conference regular season titles.
                You should really have used this as the wikipedia site is completely wrong (no surprise)...

http://www.cchockeyhistory.org/MacNa...s.htm#WINNERS2
                Last edited by Fighting Sioux 23; 03-20-2012, 07:36 PM.
                North Dakota
                National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

This thread kind of makes me wish Central Michigan had hockey instead of men in spandex grappling each other.
                  "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

THIS is all you need to know:

*****https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/65914_1498152566848_1025148831_31186811_2372247_n. jpg******

MN wins.
                    Never really developed a taste for tequila. Kind of hard to understand how you make a drink out of something that sharp, inhospitable. Now, bourbon is easy to understand.
                    Tastes like a warm summer day. -Raylan Givens

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post

//IMG giant weird colored M IMG//

MN wins.
                      Where'd you find the burnt orange M?!? Is that the University of Moldova? Melbourne Tech?
                      Bugs Bunny - 96
                      Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Did the X sell out yet? Based on the fact that this regional thread has five times more traffic than the other three, my guess is...YES!
                        Go Pioneers!

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                          Where'd you find the burnt orange M?!? Is that the University of Moldova? Melbourne Tech?
                          MOLDOVA SUCKS!!

(moldova sucks)

[i love watching Red]
                          a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

THIS is all you need to know.
                            wow... just imagine if they had actually won anything in the past decade!
                            a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

*****https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash2/65914_1498152566848_1025148831_31186811_2372247_n. jpg******

MN wins.
                              You see that big block letter M, and even a Sioux fan thinks back on those olden days when Minnesota was known for its excellent hockey.

Gopher hockey and Fran Tarkenton.

Comment

Past decade.

Comment

Working...
                                X