Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by TheEagle View Post
    7-5. And those two by Lucia are starting to become ancient history (2002, 2003)--just like UND's last one (2000).

I have to figure out what wins the bragging rights. Is it national titles (7-5 UND), Frozen Fours (19-19), McNaughton Cups (15-13 UND), historical head-to-head (slight edge by Minnesota), the most recent game (6-3 UND), the season series (3-2 Minnesota), recent years (UND with a big edge)?

Two great programs with numbers that are almost too similar to argue over.
    Those numbers is what makes this such a great rivalry despite some of the idiot fans on both sides. I would love to see another match between these 2 teams on sunday because you never know what is going to happen. The numbers don't lie.
    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

You might not be the only predicting a BU victory...that's not what I was commenting on. And you didn't owe me a score prediction, but you brought it up. Thanks for obliging. Based on your bravado in the original post, I was expecting something like 7-1 or something. If I say something so over the top like you did, please feel free to call me on it.

Comment

7-5. And those two by Lucia are starting to become ancient history (2002, 2003)--just like UND's last one (2000).

I have to figure out what wins the bragging rights. Is it national titles (7-5 UND), Frozen Fours (19-19), McNaughton Cups (15-13 UND), historical head-to-head (slight edge by Minnesota), the most recent game (6-3 UND), the season series (3-2 Minnesota), recent years (UND with a big edge)?

I believe North Dakota only has 12 MacNaughtons. In the early 60s (I believe 62-65), they gave the MacNaughton (not McNaughton) to the playoff champion. North Dakota won Regular Season titles in '63 and '65, but did not get the MacNaughton as playoff champion. Similarly, North Dakota won a WCHA Regular season title in 1982 when the MacNaughton was awarded to the CCHA Champion, as Tech had left the WCHA in '81 and did not return until 1984-1985. As a result, while North Dakota has 15 Regular Season conference championships (more than any other program), they only have 12 MacNaughtons. I believe Denver has 13 MacNaughton Cups, while North Dakota and Minnesota each have 12. That being said, we have 8 Broadmoor Trophies (not to be confused with WCHA Playoff titles), more than any other school in the WCHA.
        North Dakota
        National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

FS23, are you at all familiar with BU fan and poster, Sean Pickett???

You might be UNDs version!

Comment

But, but, but...you guys suck!

I think the point with Lucia (2) vs Hakstol (0) was that Lucia cashed in and Hakstol hasn't. It is a fair observation just like it was with Wooger. Hakstol has, in my opinion, had 2-3 years of having the absolute best team in the NCAA while at UND. To not get a NC from that is shocking. We all know that single elimination doesn't always mean that the "best" team wins. I hope that doesn't mean good things for the weakest UND team in years.

This should be a great weekend of hockey. All 4 teams can win but I hope to see a Gopher-Whioux final. I will take a Gopher-Western final though.
            Bottom Line: If you deserve to win the national championship then don't worry about who you play, when, and where. Just keep winning.
            Exception: You are right about the refs. They, no doubt, have it in for <insert your team name here>!

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              FS23, are you at all familiar with BU fan and poster, Sean Pickett???

You might be UNDs version!
              Sean and I have communicated via email on a few occasions.

I will take your comparison as a compliment. Thank you.
              North Dakota

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                Let's see if I get this straight... I predict that BU has a very good chance to win against the goofs by a good margin and I have to justify it to a BC troll? You did not get a serious response because you do not warrant one...
                So am I correct in assuming that you give Western Michigan a 0% chance of defeating UND?

Comment

Originally posted by Gphrpkhead View Post
                  So am I correct in assuming that you give Western Michigan a 0% chance of defeating UND?
                  No, UND has momentum right now but could very easily lose to WMU...

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                    No, UND has momentum right now but could very easily lose to WMU...
                    It certainly is possible that the Gophers could lose. They have shown a penchant for somehow being terrible in the first game of a series and then rebounding on Saturday night. Well....there is no more Saturday night. They need to show up or they will go home. WMU has been streaky this season, but they could surprise a team....certainly if UND is looking ahead. Dell is playing really well right now. Hopefully (for the pride of the WCHA) we will all get the rematch that would be fun to see, but BU and WMU are no slouches.

It will also be nice to see some different officiating come this time of year. I know many of the other leagues call the game tighter than the WCHA. It will also be nice to see officials who use instant reply without causing a 7 minute delay. Or use it when they should. Not that the outcome of the game would have been any different last Friday or that the goal would have been reversed on UND's second goal, but I don't understand how they don't even take a look at a puck going off a skate when we have 8 minute delays on other goals that bounce of a shin bad or a chest. I am not trying to sound like a sore loser......far from it and ND deserved to win the game.....so let all of that go. I just simply am saying it will be nice to get some fresh officiating looks during the NCAA tournament and they are able to use all of the tools appropriately and efficiently.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveStPaul View Post
                      I just checked the regional Fox Sports for here in Minnesota (Fox Sports North) it shows channel 668 and 668-1 for DirecTV:
                      http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/pages/channelfinder

Then for Saturday's schedule it says
                      "Noon ACC Baseball, N.C. State at North Carolina (Live) PLUS
                      3:30 p.m. Gophers Live Pregame (Live) HD
                      4 p.m. NCAA Hockey Tournament: Minnesota vs. Boston (Live) HD
                      6:30 p.m. NCAA Hockey Tournament: Minnesota Duluth vs. Maine (Live) HD"
                      http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/pages/tvlisting/

Does that work for your setup?
                      Under the Fox Sports North Plus channel listing it says "Cable Operator: DirecTV; System: MN, ND, SD, IA" Does this mean that outside of those states, you can't get FSN+ on DirecTV?

Comment

Originally posted by BU Fan 84 View Post
                        Under the Fox Sports North Plus channel listing it says "Cable Operator: DirecTV; System: MN, ND, SD, IA" Does this mean that outside of those states, you can't get FSN+ on DirecTV?
                        No. What that means is that DirecTV customers in those states get FSN (and FSN +) as part of their package (assuming they have a package with their local sports network, which pretty much every package, except the lowest, has). Customers outside of those states have to purchase the Sports Pack in order to get those channels. It's something like $10-12/month, and can be cancelled at any time, so if you want to watch the games call DirecTV up, get the Sports Pack, and then cancel after this weekend. They may try to charge a $10 cancellation fee on top of the prorated monthly amount for the Sports Pack. Obviously, you could also keep the Sports Pack going forward as well.
                        North Dakota

Comment

It will also be nice to see officials who use instant reply without causing a 7 minute delay. Or use it when they should.
                          Well then you should be happy BU is out there and there are no HE officials. Bunyon, Benedetto, Grav, or god forbid one of the Hansen's would probably make a few people late to work on Monday.
                          ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Comment

The Hansen reputation is known far and wide. Probably somewhere on par with the Adam, Shepherd(s), Anderson, Thul reputation in the WCHA. I thought that Benedetto was one of the higher ranking officials in HE. Wrong?

Originally posted by brassbonanza View Post
                            Well then you should be happy BU is out there and there are no HE officials. Bunyon, Benedetto, Grav, or god forbid one of the Hansen's would probably make a few people late to work on Monday.

Comment

So far the general media analysis for this region is:
                              1) North Dakota is on fire;
                              2) Minnesota won the tough WCHA and is looking to avenge their 3rd period meltdown;
                              3) Western Michigan is also peaking at the right time / coming on strong to win the CCHA;
                              and
                              4) You never discount a program like Boston University.

I really don't like being the team where they have to say, "Not much to say, Bob, but you can never count them out!"
                              Bugs Bunny - 96
                              Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

It certainly is possible that the Gophers could lose. They have shown a penchant for somehow being terrible in the first game of a series and then rebounding on Saturday night. Well....there is no more Saturday night. They need to show up or they will go home. WMU has been streaky this season, but they could surprise a team....certainly if UND is looking ahead. Dell is playing really well right now. Hopefully (for the pride of the WCHA) we will all get the rematch that would be fun to see, but BU and WMU are no slouches.
                                I heard the Gophs are going to scrimmage the State Champion Edina Bantam A team at Ridder on Friday night just to get the Friday night problems out of the way and prepare for a good game on Saturday with BU.

Comment

Working...
                                X