Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by lc19 View Post
    Yeah, you must have forgotten that gem choke job by the UND club in 2008 vs BC.....6-1 in the semis. Way to show up for the frozen four. UND likes to blow their load at the Final 5.
    If that's blowing your load too early, then the gophers are blowing theirs in the car on the way over.

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
      you can pull out any of UND's chokes and they all pale in comparison to the most epic choke-job of all time...

drumroll please....

Yeah that one stings I'll give you that, but at least Lucia had won 2 NC's...

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post
        ... and possibly this year we return the favor.
        Could happen. To me it's all gravy for the Sioux from here on out. They have been overachieving for the last 2 months with 17-18 dressed players. By far Haks best coaching job. But of course they lose somewhere between saturday and the Frozen Four it will be called a choke job. Same ol' crap from opposing fan bases.
        Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Those 2 NC's helped alot in this one.
          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
            Could happen. To me it's all gravy for the Sioux from here on out. They have been overachieving for the last 2 months with 17-18 dressed players. By far Haks best coaching job. But of course they lose somewhere between saturday and the Frozen Four it will be called a choke job. Same ol' crap from opposing fan bases.
            No, this is what happens when a teams expectations (like the Gophers as well) are high every year. Regardless of the teams circumstances. It's win it all or you failed. There is no "good season" and there is no "gravy".
            PSNetwork / XBOX GamerTag: xJeris
            Steam Profile

Sports Allegiance
            NFL: CHI; MLB: MN, NYM; NHL: MN, MTL; NCAAB: MN, UNLV; NCAAF: MN, MIA; NCAAH: MN; Soccer: USA, Blackburn

Comment

Originally posted by willythekid View Post
              not until the frozen four my dim-witted friend... the goofs would get another *****-stomping courtesy of UND if BU wasn't going to do it first. UND has played so far above their talent level, not to mention all of the injuries, that anything now is just gravy.
              OK willy, put your money where your mouth is. give me the score that BU is gonna beat Minny by...

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                OK willy, put your money where your mouth is. give me the score that BU is gonna beat Minny by...
                35 to 2

Comment

Ya, that's what I thought.

Comment

Ya, that's what I thought.
                    well you sure showed me up troll

Comment

Originally posted by JF_Gophers View Post
                      No, this is what happens when a teams expectations (like the Gophers as well) are high every year. Regardless of the teams circumstances. It's win it all or you failed. There is no "good season" and there is no "gravy".
                      Of course I expect a national title every year but ya got to be somewhat realistic. Yes I would be surprised if the Sioux could run the table with the amount of skaters they have. I mean they are 1 injury away from really being in trouble.This has already been one of my most memorable years as a fan and last fridays game will go down as a top 5 in my book.
                      Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by willythekid View Post
                        well you sure showed me up troll
                        Let's see if I have this right. You predict a BU blowout win, I call you on it, you immediately cave and that makes me the troll? Good lord...

Comment

Let's see if I have this right. You predict a BU blowout win, I call you on it, you immediately cave and that makes me the troll? Good lord...
                          Let's see if I get this straight... I predict that BU has a very good chance to win against the goofs by a good margin and I have to justify it to a BC troll? You did not get a serious response because you do not warrant one...

Comment

It's clear that the only one "trolling" is you. All I'm looking for is your score prediction, chief. If you can't offer one to back up what you originally said...that doesn't somehow make me a troll. You introduced it into the thread. So put up or do us all a favor and shut up.

Comment

7-5. And those two by Lucia are starting to become ancient history (2002, 2003)--just like UND's last one (2000).

I have to figure out what wins the bragging rights. Is it national titles (7-5 UND), Frozen Fours (19-19), McNaughton Cups (15-13 UND), historical head-to-head (slight edge by Minnesota), the most recent game (6-3 UND), the season series (3-2 Minnesota), recent years (UND with a big edge)?

Two great programs with numbers that are almost too similar to argue over.
                              University of North Dakota

National Championships: 8
                              Frozen Fours: 22
                              Conference Titles: 17
                              14 consecutive NCAA tournament appearances

Comment

It's clear that the only one "trolling" is you. All I'm looking for is your score prediction, chief. If you can't offer one to back up what you originally said...that doesn't somehow make me a troll. You introduced it into the thread. So put up or do us all a favor and shut up.
                                5 to 2 BU. The goofs are going to come out and under-acheive like the gut-less wonders they are. They are no doubt still shellshocked from the third on friday. I am not the only one predicting a BU win by the way. Why I owe you a score prediction is anyone's guess. I would demand your prediction but I could care less...

Comment

Working...
                                X