Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

So...getting back to TV coverage (or lack thereof)...some of us DON'T HAVE a "cable" provider, because we have DirecTV. We can't see ESPN3. It's not just whether or not you have Comcast - it's ANY cable provider. I checked the "guide" on DirecTV last night (you can forward ahead to a specific date). I didn't see ANY of the college hockey games on any of the Fox network channels (a couple said "To Be Announced"). And what really sucks is that EVERY regional game except the ones from the West Regional are on one of the ESPN channels, but because, as I said before, the BU/Minnesota game is an "overlap" game (on at essentially the same time as the BC/Air Force game) it is not on. Does anyone have any updates about whether the game will be on somewhere besides ESPN3? (I realize it's on tape delay about two months later, but who cares?)

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by lc19 View Post
      Yeah, you must have forgotten that gem choke job by the UND club in 2008 vs BC.....6-1 in the semis. Way to show up for the frozen four. UND likes to blow their load at the Final 5.
      of course the goofs just wish they had a load to blow...

Comment

Originally posted by lc19 View Post
        Yeah, you must have forgotten that gem choke job by the UND club in 2008 vs BC.....6-1 in the semis. Way to show up for the frozen four. UND likes to blow their load at the Final 5.
        /facepalm Did I ever refute that UND hasn't choked in games? Do you realize I'm merely pointing out that Gophers fans aren't ones to talk when their beloved team is prone and known for choking as well.

Does anyone else find what he/she said in bold, ironic? 2007 WCHA Final Five, anyone? Anyone? Lol.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
          So...getting back to TV coverage (or lack thereof)...some of us DON'T HAVE a "cable" provider, because we have DirecTV. We can't see ESPN3. It's not just whether or not you have Comcast - it's ANY cable provider. I checked the "guide" on DirecTV last night (you can forward ahead to a specific date).
          I just checked the regional Fox Sports for here in Minnesota (Fox Sports North) it shows channel 668 and 668-1 for DirecTV:
          http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/pages/channelfinder

Then for Saturday's schedule it says
          "Noon ACC Baseball, N.C. State at North Carolina (Live) PLUS
          3:30 p.m. Gophers Live Pregame (Live) HD
          4 p.m. NCAA Hockey Tournament: Minnesota vs. Boston (Live) HD
          6:30 p.m. NCAA Hockey Tournament: Minnesota Duluth vs. Maine (Live) HD"
          http://www.foxsportsnorth.com/pages/tvlisting/

Does that work for your setup?
          Bugs Bunny - 96
          Gas House Gorillas - 95

Comment

Originally posted by Gphrpkhead View Post
            UND has played some nice hockey at this point. MN has had a good run at the end of the year (Final Five aside). WMU just won the CCHA tournament. And Boston U is Boston U. This should be the toughest regional to get through. I agree that UND has exceeded expectations and injuries. That being said....any team can win any night and it's one and done. I hope nobody looks past their opponent to the next one or they might be watching the Regional Championship on FSN.
            Exactly. All I hear is how everyone can't wait for the Sioux/Gopher rematch. Ah there is 2 games saturday. I would not be one bit surprised to see WMU/BU playing sunday. This is one tough *** region.
            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Another of the many choke jobs by the Whioux.

Comment

FSN picking it up!

March 20, 2012

North Dakota vs. Western Michigan on FOX Sports North
                Minnesota vs. Boston University on FOX Sports North PLUS
                Minnesota-Duluth vs. Maine on FOX Sports North PLUS

FOX Sports North today announced plans to televise the first round of the 2012 NCAA Division I Men’s Hockey Tournament live on Saturday, March 24.

The University of North Dakota vs. Western Michigan University game from Xcel Energy Center will be televised live on FOX Sports North beginning at 12:30 p.m.

The University of Minnesota vs. Boston University game from Xcel Energy Center will be televised live on FOX Sports North PLUS beginning at 3:30 p.m. with Gophers Live presented by Century Link.

The University of Minnesota-Duluth vs. University of Maine game from Worcester, MA will be televised live on FOX Sports North PLUS beginning at 6:30 p.m.

· FOX Sports North PLUS channel directory, click here.

Comment

That was a delightful choke, yes, but I prefer not to talk too much **** about that choke job considering our beloved Gophers didn't even make the tourney that year.....
                  "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                    That was a delightful choke, yes, but I prefer not to talk too much **** about that choke job considering our beloved Gophers didn't even make the tourney that year.....
                    You are a smart man wes.
                    Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                      You are a smart man wes.
                      No I am not. I may be many things but smart is not one of them.
                      "It ain't over, baby! And that took only six seconds!"

USCHO gives me another reason to not do work while I am at work.

Everything is Hill's fault.....

"Hakstol you hack!!!!"

Comment

Yeah but all they care about is NC's so it really doesn't matter when you lose, all that matters is they can't win one under Hakstol because of all the choking he does.

Edit: unlike Lucia who has 2 NC's
                        Last edited by SanTropez; 03-20-2012, 11:30 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                          Congratulations to the Gophers for earning the number one seed in the Western regional?

http://newyork.sbnation.com/2012/3/1...selection-show

Evidently Jared Smith is clueless. Can't even pass on the most basic news. Which selection show did he watch?
                          Perhaps he had a flashback to 2007, the last time Minnesota actually did earn a #1 seed.
                          If I recall the Sioux ended their season again.
                          Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by gopher wes View Post
                            No I am not. I may be many things but smart is not one of them.
                            But I know you from another site. Think about it for a bit.
                            Fly Eagles Fly!!!

Comment

Originally posted by icehawk View Post
                              If I recall the Sioux ended their season again.
                              ... and possibly this year we return the favor.

Comment

Originally posted by SanTropez View Post

Another of the many choke jobs by the Whioux.
                                you can pull out any of UND's chokes and they all pale in comparison to the most epic choke-job of all time...

drumroll please....

Comment

Working...
                                X