Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston University

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by 4four4 View Post
    I would be surprised if FSN did that. If I had to guess the Gophers would be seen on the plus channel.
    I'd be shocked. Gophers have been on FSN+ all year when a T-Wolves or Wild game happened at the same time.
    **NOTE: The misleading post above was brought to you by Reynold's Wrap and American Steeples, makers of Crosses.

Originally Posted by dropthatpuck-Scooby's a lost cause.
    Originally Posted by First Time, Long Time-Always knew you were nothing but a troll.

Comment

• Re: 2012 West Regional: North Dakota vs Western Michigan; Minnesota vs Boston Univers

Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
      6 of
      After reading these accounts, especially Parker's comments I think I know what the real problem was - the crappy lighting in the old World Arena. If it had been better, Smith and the Gophers would have been able to see Meagher's halo and known that the spit was a gentlemanly sign of respect and good will and wouldn't have over-reacted to it.

I love that Meagher's defense (or defence) was that he was spitting at the Gopher players and not at the trainer.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
        As you know, it's all about rating and advertising revenue. Just watch Channel 4, 5 or 7 any night of the week. No offense, but it's "BC this" and "BC that." We don't even exist.
        When it comes to sports, ya, that's mostly true. But BU made the headlines quite a few times this season...

Comment

hey mookie, how about a cliffs notes version!

Comment

Congratulations to the Gophers for earning the number one seed in the Western regional?

http://newyork.sbnation.com/2012/3/1...selection-show

The last No. 1 seeded was earned by the Minnesota Golden Gophers who will face the Boston Terriers. The winner will face either the Western Michigan Broncos or North Dakota Fighting Sioux.
            By Jared Smith - College Sports Writer
            Evidently Jared Smith is clueless. Can't even pass on the most basic news. Which selection show did he watch?
            Perhaps he had a flashback to 2007, the last time Minnesota actually did earn a #1 seed.
            Last edited by SoCalSiouxFan; 03-19-2012, 03:44 PM.
            "For me, college hockey was obviously the best step I could have taken to get to the next level." - Jonathan Toews, North Dakota/Chicago Blackhawks

Comment

• Originally posted by J.D. View Post
              hey mookie, how about a cliffs notes version!
              I report, you decide.

a legend and an out of work bum look a lot alike, daddy.

Comment

• Originally posted by mookie1995 View Post
                I report, you decide.

Good luck with that!

"They started it!"
                "Nuh-uh they did!"
                the state of hockey is good

Comment

Originally posted by Brenthoven View Post
                  behind the Dairy Queen.
                  Everything good in the history of the world began with these words.

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post
                    Congratulations to the Gophers for earning the number one seed in the Western regional?

Evidently Jared Smith is clueless. Can't even pass on the most basic news. Which selection show did he watch?
                    Perhaps he had a flashback to 2007, the last time Minnesota actually did earn a #1 seed.
                    Maybe he created the WCHA Red Baron poster?

Comment

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
                      FS North is likely to pick up both games, North Dakota playing in the first game. SO FS North would pick both of them up. NOW FS North can move the Wild to there Plus channel. We will see during the week.
                      Am hoping this turns out to be true, so as a DirecTV subscriber in the northern MI boonies I can catch the games of FSN-North, which I pick up as part of my add-on DTV package. Props to FSN if they make both games available....and...GO WMU BRONCOS!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SoCalSiouxFan View Post

The worst part is "Boston" Terriers. I cringe when I hear Melrose call BC "Boston" as well.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                          The worst part is "Boston" Terriers. I cringe when I hear Melrose call BC "Boston" as well.
                          But...Melrose brings "passion" to the broadcasts. Whatever that means.
                          Bulldog Hockey: 2011 National Champions! Finally!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Gophers #1 View Post
                            That correct, WCHA officials cannot ref a game involing WCHA team in the NCAA tourney, nor can CCHA do for CCHA team etc.
                            Actually, didn't they do away with that rule several years ago? I know it's been the typical practice to not have refs from the same conference, but I'm pretty sure there isn't an actual rule regarding it.

Comment

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
                              Even though we cringe because we do not refer them this way, technically they are correct in calling BU "Boston."

Anything "Blank" University can be called by "Blank." Interestingly we never cringe when we hear Minnesota, Northeastern, or even Denver. We just happen to call BU by Boston University or, well, BU. However technically "Boston" is correct. Or, the almost just as cringeworthy, Boston U.

Comment

Originally posted by Steve_MN View Post
                                Actually, didn't they do away with that rule several years ago? I know it's been the typical practice to not have refs from the same conference, but I'm pretty sure there isn't an actual rule regarding it.
                                I don't think they did away with that rule. I know it a rule in College football.
                                Go Gophers Go.

Comment

Working...
                                X