X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2012 East Regional: Union, Miami, Lowell, Michigan State

Originally posted by Go-UML View Post
    lol

So haven't really gotten a sense of how many fans from teams other than Lowell are coming to the game. I'm guessing the bands will be there (except Union?). Union is actually closer to Bridgeport than Lowell (by 3 miles per Google Maps) and I know their fans have invited us to hang with them at the Barnim Publick House (thanks!) but not sure how many are coming down.
    Word I heard, and it's not the most reliable source, is that Lowell's band will not be there tonight.

Comment

lol

So haven't really gotten a sense of how many fans from teams other than Lowell are coming to the game. I'm guessing the bands will be there (except Union?). Union is actually closer to Bridgeport than Lowell (by 3 miles per Google Maps) and I know their fans have invited us to hang with them at the Barnim Publick House (thanks!) but not sure how many are coming down.

Union will have Sacred Heart's band with garnet shirts on.
      National Champions 2014!
      Cleary Cup Champions 2011, 2012, 2014, 2017!
      Whitelaw Cup Champions 2012, 2013, 2014!!!
      Let's Go U!!!

Comment

Originally posted by uniondutch21 View Post
        Union fans will be there, I imagine their ticket allotment is close to sold out. I do know that last year they shoved us in the corner, so people opted to purchase from the arena instead. Union doesn't travel like Cornell, and with it being spring break for the students, it will be alums etc. I'd expect a good Union crew there...with that said, I need to get on the road and head south.

Lets go U!
        Thanks for the info. Our tix in a corner, so I suspect all schools are. Drive safe.
        Gary

www.umlhockey.com
        Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
        "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
        KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Originally posted by jabber811 View Post
          Who's starting in goalie for Miami Friday?
          It has been a mystery to us for four years. No reason to break tradition now!

Comment

lol

Miami will have their band there. Beyond that, Miami fans aren't going to travel all that well to the East. I would be impressed if Miami managed to sell out their allotment.

However, I'll be there and will be loud enough to make up for any lack of numbers.
            Love and honor to Miami forever and a day. Go RedHawks!

Comment

Originally posted by bottomdweller View Post
              Word I heard, and it's not the most reliable source, is that Lowell's band will not be there tonight.
              From Scott Donnelly's e-mail this morning:

"For your reference, the UMass Lowell fan section is located in Section 107 and the River Hawk Pep Band will be in Section 108."
              Charter Member of darin's "UML Seven"

"I just hate Boston College to be perfectly honest'' -Ken Dorsey
              "It's time for my favorite NCAA tradition ... that's right, rooting against BC!" -Bill Simmons

Comment

NY Times feature on the Dutchmen. Go U http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/23/sp...ge-dreams.html!

Comment

• Originally posted by ScottK View Post

"For your reference, the UMass Lowell fan section is located in Section 107 and the River Hawk Pep Band will be in Section 108."
                  Well, that has to be the brightest idea ever for a seating arrangement.

Comment

College Hockey Weekly has their East Regional preview up...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/2...-Regional.html

Also, here is their predictions for the tournament...

http://www.collegehockeyweekly.com/2...edictions.html
                    North Dakota
                    National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Hi to all the Union, UML, Miami and Michigan fans that are already in Bridgeport and arriving today. I was in the Webster Bank Arena last night and the place is lookin' good! The ice is absolutely perfect, and arena management is ready to welcome you. Spoke with some of you in Ralph 'n' Rich's restaurant last night, good to meet you! Please, if you have any questions, just post them here and I'll try to respond. I'll be monitoring this board through the weekend. Also, look for our Downtown Bridgeport Ambassadors on the streets, they are a great source of info on what to do and where to go. They're easy to spot, they wear flourescent yellow shirts. Grab a downtown map here. Finally, you can find a wealth of info on the area at InfoBridgeport.com, follow InfoBridgeport on Facebook at Facebook.com/InfoBridgeport, and on Twitter at @InfoBridgeport. Enjoy the games, and enjoy Downtown Bridgeport!

Comment

Heading down at 2, can't wait!

Sorry InfoBridgeport, I can't help but posting this... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qna1JHIsyVM
                        UMASS LOWELL RIVER HAWKS HOCKEY

Comment

Originally posted by ScottK View Post

Like I said, not the most reliable source...

Comment

InfoBPT, thanks for your timely posts, I live in West Haven, and I know for sure that Bridgeport is like any other major city with it's good and it's bad. Thanks for pointing out the good things the city has to offer. I look forward to checking out the Barnum Publick House today. Is that $5 parking deal nearby still a go?
                            YALE HOCKEY
                            2013 National Champions

Comment

Nice article about Union in the New Haven Register today
                              http://nhregister.com/articles/2012/...mode=fullstory
                              YALE HOCKEY
                              2013 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                                InfoBPT, thanks for your timely posts, I live in West Haven, and I know for sure that Bridgeport is like any other major city with it's good and it's bad. Thanks for pointing out the good things the city has to offer. I look forward to checking out the Barnum Publick House today. Is that $5 parking deal nearby still a go?
                                Drove by the parking lot next to the Barnum Publick House last night. $5 all day parking sign was up, attendant on duty!

Comment

Working...
                                X