Attendance at all 2012 Conference Tournaments

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Attendance at all 2012 Conference Tournaments

Does anyone have the attendance of all five conference tournaments for both the semis and championship games

would also be good to see the percentage of the attendance to the capacity of the venue

i.e.

Atlantic Hockey Semis • 1,000 of 4,000 • 25%
    Atlantic Hockey Championships • 4,000 of 4,000 • 100%

Thx Much to anyone who has all this data

Re: Attendance at all 2012 Conference Tournaments

Originally posted by FredDavenport View Post
    Does anyone have the attendance of all five conference tournaments for both the semis and championship games

would also be good to see the percentage of the attendance to the capacity of the venue

i.e.

Atlantic Hockey Semis • 1,000 of 4,000 • 25%
    Atlantic Hockey Championships • 4,000 of 4,000 • 100%

Thx Much to anyone who has all this data
    ECAC Hockey Semifinals - 3462 of 10,500 - 33%
    ECAC Hockey Championship - 4131 of 10,500 - 39%

I find it hard to believe there was over 3000/4000 fans in building at the same time for any of the games this weekend. For a more accurate number, probably should divide each of the attendance figures in half.

Comment

WCHA - heck of a lot more than any other conference

Comment

Hockey East Semis- 13,974 of 17,565- Around 80% rounded up to the nearest %
        Hockey East Finals- 13,079 of 17,565- Around 74% rounded down to the nearest %

Atlantic Hockey Semis- 3,287 of 11,200- Around 29% rounded down to the nearest %
        Atlantic Hockey Finals- 2,433 of 11,200- Around 22% rounded up to the nearest %

WCHA Semis- 12,804 of 18,064 and 16,783 of 18,064- Around 71% rounded up and around 93% rounded up to the nearest %
        WCHA Finals- 16,838 of 18,064- Around 93% rounded down to the nearest %

CCHA Semis- 7,823 of 20,066- Around 39% rounded up to the nearest %
        CCHA Finals- 10,421 of 20,066- Around 52% rounded up to the nearest %
        IT'S ALL ABOUT THE NAVY AND BLUE! UMAINE BLACK BEARS

National Champions 93' 99'

Comment

Originally posted by Ineverquit View Post
          Hockey East Semis- 13,974 of 17,565- Around 80% rounded up to the nearest %
          Hockey East Finals- 13,079 of 17,565- Around 74% rounded down to the nearest %
          I watched the HE semis on television. From that vantage point, this figure seems generous. Perhaps, someone who attended can confirm / deny.
          if you walk with Jesus, he's gonna save your soul, you gotta keep the devil way down in the hole

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
            I watched the HE semis on television. From that vantage point, this figure seems generous. Perhaps, someone who attended can confirm / deny.
            Seems about right when you figure some BC/PC fans leave after game one, and some Maine/BU fans arrive at that point. There probably weren't 13,974 in the arena at one time, though.

Comment

Originally posted by buoldtimer View Post
              For the Semi's the upper lever was empty xcept fort he student sections an the bands. Lower section was probably 85% full (i"m talking for the Maine/BU game.)

Comment

Originally posted by redhead18 View Post
                ECAC Hockey Semifinals - 3462 of 10,500 - 33%
                ECAC Hockey Championship - 4131 of 10,500 - 39%

I find it hard to believe there was over 3000/4000 fans in building at the same time for any of the games this weekend. For a more accurate number, probably should divide each of the attendance figures in half.
                I had family members at AC. They said there wasn't half that many at either game.
                Brandon Pirri: Turk would give it to Jagr. That's awesome! Jagr's untouchable. And he would give it to Jagr.

Comment

Originally posted by ck1969 View Post
                  For the Semi's the upper lever was empty xcept fort he student sections an the bands. Lower section was probably 85% full (i"m talking for the Maine/BU game.)
                  You mean the final, the upper deck was empty from what was shown on tv.
                  YALE HOCKEY
                  2013 National Champions

Comment

Comparatively speaking the WCHA games in the Final Five had great crowds, but two of the five games (they had 2 "quarter-final" games on Thurs) had an average of nearly 6000 unsold seats and none of them were sold out. So much for the oft repeated myth that you couldn't find tickets to the WCHA tournament in St. Paul.

The CCHA has done better in recent seasons and much better going back to the heyday of the CCHA finals in Detroit in the 80s and 90s. I know the venues in Boston have also seen better crowds, including some sellouts. Does anyone know about the ECAC finals in their various locations?

Comment

The nice weather killed any sellout potential. That and Saint Patty's fell on a Saturday. Trust me if it would have been 35 instead of 75 the Sioux v. Gophers game would have sold out.
                      Used RCA television $60
                      Monthly Cable bill $40
                      Watching Schutte Cry in the Penalty Box after he got cocky with the crowd earlier.
                      P-R-I-C-E-L-E-S-S

Comment

Originally posted by shiftyjedi View Post
                        The nice weather killed any sellout potential. That and Saint Patty's fell on a Saturday. Trust me if it would have been 35 instead of 75 the Sioux v. Gophers game would have sold out.
                        I think the beginnings of bball also affected the CCHA. However, after Michigan fell Friday, why on earth did JLA not come closer to a sellout Saturday?! Oh yeah, the league also has abandoned everything fun and free it used to do at the RenCen. The fan fest last season was the worst ever. I can only imagine what it must have been like this year.

On a side note...It's St. Paddy's...unless there is a Saint Patricia who is a matron saint somewhere.
                        "Hockey is the only tribe I belong to." --Jack Falla

"Why, as a matter of fact, I suggested starting a hockey program to Father Callahan, our president. He was downright interested until we came to the use of sticks, and then he threw up his hands. He said, 'No, that game is not for our University. Notre Dame will never endorse any game that puts a club in the hands of an Irishman.' " -- Knute Rockne: All American

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff_Jackson_for_Pres. View Post
                          I think the beginnings of bball also affected the CCHA. However, after Michigan fell Friday, why on earth did JLA not come closer to a sellout Saturday?! Oh yeah, the league also has abandoned everything fun and free it used to do at the RenCen. The fan fest last season was the worst ever. I can only imagine what it must have been like this year.

On a side note...It's St. Paddy's...unless there is a Saint Patricia who is a matron saint somewhere.
                          St. Patrick Marleau, the Patron Saint of Hockey. Duh.

(Roy is a devil, not a saint.)
                          "I went over the facts in my head, and admired how much uglier the situation had just become. Over the years I've learned that ignorance is more than just bliss. It's freaking orgasmic ecstasy".- Harry Dresden, Blood Rites

Western Michigan Bronco Hockey- 2012 Mason Cup Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Ineverquit View Post
                            Atlantic Hockey Semis- 3,287 of 11,200- Around 29% rounded down to the nearest %
                            Atlantic Hockey Finals- 2,433 of 11,200- Around 22% rounded up to the nearest %
                            AHA Championship game in Rochester would have had slightly stronger attendance if not for a scheduling conflict with the NCAA D3 Women's National Championship game being hosted at Ritter Arena on RIT Campus at the same time. Approximately 1,200 people were on hand to cheer the Lady Tigers to their first national championship (in their last D3 season.)

If these games were not held at the same time, I have to assume attendance for the championship game would have been slightly higher in downtown Rochester.
                            RIT Tiger Hockey
                            Cinderella is dancing again!

Comment

Originally posted by LTsatch View Post
                              You mean the final, the upper deck was empty from what was shown on tv.
                              Hockey East is still #2 in attendance by a BIG margin.

ECAC is a dying conference.

Comment

Working...
                              X