X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

8 days until DU's next game

8, after this season, the number of national championships that will forever silence North Dakota "fans" on DG's troll hole

10/6/2012 exhibition
    Last edited by ronmexico; 09-28-2012, 09:57 AM.
    Originally posted by vizoroo
    Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
    Originally posted by duper
    I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
    Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
    Originally posted by dggoddard
    Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Originally posted by duper View Post
      There was a teacher at my high school named Bob Murray, who has a son, Bob Jr. Bob was a really big dude, and they called him and his son Big Bob Murray and Little Bob Murray. As Little Bob Murray got to be a teenager, he got bigger then Big Bob Murray, so they became Big Bob Murray and Little Big Bob Murray.

I guess that probably doesn't apply here.
      I don't know, so is it Little Big Mermis or Big Little Mermis
      GO DU !!!

Comment

September 28, 2012

8 Days Until DU's Next Game

#8 is Nolan Zajac, Freshman Defenseman

Originally posted by ronmexico View Post
        8 days until DU's next game

8, after this season, the number of national championships that will forever silence North Dakota "fans" on DG's troll hole

10/6/2012 exhibition
        Have to give Mexico credit for this one.
        GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
          Have to give Mexico credit for this one.
          Agreed. It was an astute observation that North Dakota fans do not tend to gloat when we win National Championships.
          North Dakota
          National Champions: 1959, 1963, 1980, 1982, 1987, 1997, 2000, 2016

Comment

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
            It looks like CHN doesn't know about Viz's rule that teams need to score to win. They have DU ranked #6 in the country...not quite good enough to join us in Pittsburg, but pretty darn good.
            From CHN:
            6. Denver (25-14-4, 16-8-4 WCHA)
            It’s an embarrassment of riches on the Pioneers’ back end, with three goalies and a set of defensemen that can shutdown the oppsition. Despite missing most of last season with a knee injury, junior goalie Sam Brittain (8-4-0, 2.36 GAA, .932 SV%) returned and showed why he’s still George Gwozdecky’s go-to netminder. Senior Adam Murray and sophomore Juho Olkinuora will battle it out for playing time behind Brittain, and possibly even break into his playing time. Defensively, senior Paul Phillips and sophomores Scott Mayfield and Josiah Didier are pro-sized blueliners that are strong in their own end and can also make plays. Sophomore Joey LaLeggia, who ranked among the top scoring defensemen last season, come back to run the Denver power play. Denver has depth up front, but no proven star, though undoubtedly someone will emerge.
            http://www.collegehockeynews.com/new...od_as_gold.php
            GO DU !!!

Comment

Looking forward to visiting you guys next month. We always have a great time in Colorado, although the Falling Rock plays a big part of that.
              Gary

www.umlhockey.com
              Unofficial Home of Lowell Hockey

182nd member to 2,000 posts
              "It's like putting lipstick on a pig." Chris MacKenzie says, speaking of the fresh paint on the visiting locker room at Alfond.
              KnowItAll: "I have little respect for the imagination and creativity of a person who can only think of ONE way to spell a word."

Comment

Looking forward to UNH @ DU. My tix arrived this week. Now if I can talk the wife into catching UNH at CC, our trip to Denver will be perfect.

Comment

September 29, 2012

7 Days until DU's next game

#7 is Team Captain Paul Phillips, Senior Defenseman

10/06/12 exhibition at Pepsi Center
                  GO DU !!!

Comment

Originally posted by GoUNH View Post
                    Looking forward to UNH @ DU. My tix arrived this week. Now if I can talk the wife into catching UNH at CC, our trip to Denver will be perfect.
                    Go to the Springs, by all means. And find time to just gaze on the Broadmoor (anything other than gazing will be muy expensive). A permanent 5-star hotel. Visit the Golden Bee, too. Authentic British pub, brought over piece by piece.

http://www.broadmoor.com/

I had my first experience with an expense account there, and was a quick study.
                    Last edited by Old Pio; 09-30-2012, 03:29 AM.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

Well, for whatever it's worth, DU could very well face a 4-0 team next weekend. UBC swept a Canadian club team last weekend, and they won last night in regular season play against Regina - and they play them tonight as well. It's kind of a strange deal for the Thunderbirds; going from Regular season back to exhibition games on the road against NCAA teams, then they go back to their regular season up in Canada. Yes, it's just a pre-season game for DU.... but Denver only has 60 minutes before the regular season starts with a non-conference opponent in U-Mass. Hopefully the team practices in Centennial go well. I predict not very many line experimentations in the Pepsi Center, for DU, as is the case in usual exhibition games. Denver has to get thier act together to win against UML and AFA, in my opinion.
                      I want to be a fan of the best team in college hockey - so that explains why I am a DENVER fan!

Comment

All American Prospects Game
                        From Chris Peters, The United States of Hockey blog--#AAPG Goals -- Team McClanahan 5 - Hudson Fasching, Seth Jones, Quentin Shore, Jacob Montgomery and Dakota Mermis . (DU recruits Will Butcher and Greg Ausmus were also on Team McClanahan.) Team Housley 2-Evan Allen (2)
                        Chris hopes to have a game recap up on Monday.

Team McClanahan's fourth straight goal came from Quentin Shore (Denver, Colo.) at 13:42. Mike McCarron (Macomb, Mich.) forced goaltender Hunter Miska (North Branch, Minn.) to make a difficult save and Shore knocked in the rebound. Taylor Cammarata (Plymouth, Minn.) also assisted on the play.

Dakota Mermis (Alton, Ill.) reestablished the four-goal lead, 5-1, for Team McClanahan with a wrist shot through traffic from the high slot at 10:50. Fitzgerald picked up his third assist of the game, while Matt Lane (Rochester, N.Y.) also drew a helper.
                        http://www.allamericanprospectsgame....rrer_id=641381
                        Last edited by vizoroo; 09-30-2012, 09:27 AM.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

September 30, 2012

6 days until DU's next game

#6 is Dakota Mermis, Freshman Defenseman

10/6/2012 exhibition
                          GO DU !!!

Comment

Wow, this off-season has just breezed by. Of course I've had other things on my plate over the last year. 6 days from Hockey season...6 days left as a bachelor for me...
                            Denver Pioneers - NCAA ICE HOCKEY NATIONAL CHAMPIONS - 1958, 60, 61, 68, 69, 2004, 05, 2017

2016-17 Penrose Cup Champions

YEARS SINCE LAST COLORADO COLLEGE NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP - 61...and counting

Chicago Cubs - WORLD SERIES CHAMPIONS - 1907, 1908, 2016

Chicago Blackhawks - STANLEY CUP CHAMPIONS - 1934, 1938, 1961, 2010, 2013, 2015

Manchester City F.C. - Premier League/First Division Winners - 1937, 1968, 2012, 2014.

RIP Butch

sigpic
                            www.firstandmonday.com

Comment

• Originally posted by dubbie31 View Post
                              6 days left as a bachelor for me...
                              Just so everyone knows... His proposal was super romantic... I was starting to think he was never going to ask :'( I was wrong, Peter makes me the happiest person in the world! He's my...my...like my... Peyton Manning! <3 <3 <3
                              Originally posted by vizoroo
                              Thought you had picked the avatar so we could id you. Guess he fooled me too.
                              I obviously missed it, but it sounds like some idiot from CC took trolling to a whole new, totally inappropriate level.

I was well over the borderline. I figured I would meet you on your turf.
                              Every time you post like an *******, I want to quote the idiotic comment you made where you claim not to be a troll. You're such a dick.
                              Originally posted by dggoddard
                              Finally you made me laugh.

There may be hope for you yet.

Comment

Boone impersonating South Korean viral video Gangham Style

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zn0pH...=ULzn0pHri30TU

Comment

Working...
                                X