X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: All Things Denver XXXIII

Originally posted by s11r9seat8
    Feed the legend: Swami was self-suspended for the most indeterminate period of time. Now the question is what he thought that he did and how it was "proven".
    blow it out your barracks bag.
    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

We may not have a Phelps or Lochte, but 10 swimmers invited to the Olympic trials is pretty impressive!

And what about Regis Jesuit HS's Missy Franklin? Now that's a swimmer!
      GO DU !!!

Comment

NHL Insiders discuss Matt Carle's free agency prospects.
        http://video.nhl.com/videocenter/con...183547&lang=en
        GO DU !!!

Comment

7/6 Nick Shore will be in LA for Kings Development Camp.

7/9 Jason Zucker will be back in Minneapolis for the Wild Development Camp

7/10 Beau Bennett in Pittsburgh for Penguins Development.

The Pens did not give Marc Cheverie a qualifying offer so he is now a free agent. Hope he finds a good place to show his skills.
          Last edited by vizoroo; 07-03-2012, 02:23 PM.
          GO DU !!!

Comment

It is with great sadness that I report that the DU family has lost a bright young member. Ted O'Leary has passed away, from what is only currently described as a domestic accident. My thoughts and condolences go out to his parents, brothers, sister, and the rest of his family.

Edward Thomas O’Leary

Edward Thomas O’Leary (“Teddy”), born September 1, 1982, beloved son of Michael and Kathleen O’Leary of Mead CO passed on Sunday, July 1st, 2012. He was the youngest brother to Michael Dennis, Sean Peter, James Patrick and Suzanne (Donohoe). Teddy was a revered uncle to nieces Kalenn Nonie, Mary Kathleen, Marion Breen (“Mae”), Anne Elizabeth and nephews Jordan William, Sean Patrick, Joseph Kiernan, Charles Michael, John Francis, Kellen James and Emmet Michael. He was also much beloved by his sisters-in-law, Mary Virginia O’Leary, Krista O’Leary, Shannon O’Leary and his brother-in-law, Matthew Donohoe and many aunts, uncles, cousins and friends.

Teddy was the valedictorian of Battle Mountain High School in Vail and was thrilled to have the opportunity to attend college and play ice hockey at his “hometown” University of Denver. Teddy was a proud member of the University of Denver NCAA Division I Men’s Hockey team which won back-to-back National Championships in 2004 and 2005. He earned his Bachelor of Arts in Biology with a minor in Chemistry, graduating magna cum laude. He also earned a Masters of Business Administration from the Daniels School of Business at DU. Teddy was recognized as the Top Scholar Athlete of the hockey team for three consecutive years and was named by the Western Collegiate Hockey Association as Student Athlete of the Year in 2005-2006.

Following his studies at DU, Teddy assisted in a medical research project at the Steadman Hawkins Clinic and later studied medicine. Teddy ultimately pursued a career in business management.

A memorial service will be held at Howe Mortuary, 439 Coffman Street, Longmont, CO from 4-7pm on Thursday, July 5th and a Funeral Mass will be held at 11am on Friday, July 6th at Guardian Angels Catholic Church, 15179 County Road 7 in Mead, CO. In lieu of flowers, memorial contributions may be made to the Wounded Warrior Project (supportwpp.org) or Catholic Charities of Denver (CCdenver.org) in Edward’s name.

Comment

Originally posted by cetihcra View Post
              It is with great sadness that I report that the DU family has lost a bright young member. Ted O'Leary has passed away, from what is only currently described as a domestic accident. My thoughts and condolences go out to his parents, brothers, sister, and the rest of his family.
              Oh my gosh, that is so incredibly sad. Ted was such a great student, and the member of 2 NCAA title teams. In think he was one of the alternate captains on one of those teams, too. I remember him doing some productive work on the ice, but it was his great character that I will remember the most. It made me proud to have a guy like that represent the Pioneers on the ice.

Comment

Originally posted by Pablo View Post
                Oh my gosh, that is so incredibly sad. Ted was such a great student, and the member of 2 NCAA title teams. In think he was one of the alternate captains on one of those teams, too. I remember him doing some productive work on the ice, but it was his great character that I will remember the most. It made me proud to have a guy like that represent the Pioneers on the ice.
                He was an alternate captain his senior season which was '06, I'm pretty sure. Gwoz has rewarded those hardworking, lesser skilled guys who were good teammates with A's in the past, besides O'Leary, Mike Corbett and Nick Larson are two off the top of my head.

O'Leary's passing is pretty sad...so young and apparently so intelligent...he should have had a whole lot of quality life still ahead of him.

Comment

That's a terrible shame. He'll be missed.

Comment

Thoughts and prayers go out to his family and friends. A terrible loss for them and the DU community.
                    2011 Poser of the Year & Pulitzer Prize winning machine gunner.

Comment

My condolences to the O'Leary Family. Very sad to see someone so young and talented pass away.
                      DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

What a tragic loss.
                        Condolences to Ted O'Leary's family and friends.
                        GO DU !!!

Comment

Mike Chambers story on the late Ted O'Leary in Denver Post. According to Ted's parents, the cause of death is unknown. Ted was one of DU's finest student-athletes.
                          DU HOCKEY 1958 1960 1961 1968 1969 2004 2005 2017 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU SKIING 1954 1955 1956 1957 1961 1962 1963 1964 1965 1966 1967 1969 1970 1971 2000 2001 2002 2005 2008 2009 2010 2014 2016 2018 NCAA CHAMPIONS

DU LACROSSE 2015 NCAA CHAMPIONS

MATT CARLE WINNER OF 2006 HOBEY BAKER AWARD

Geoff Paukovich: That's why I came to Denver, to beat CC.

Comment

Interview with Drew Shore at Florida Panthers Development Camp.
                            http://video.panthers.nhl.com/videoc...id=DL|FLA|home

Matt Carle returns to Tampa Bay with an annual $5.5 million for the next 6 years.
                            GO DU !!!

Comment

[QUOTE]
                              Originally posted by vizoroo;5467935
                              Matt Carle returns to Tampa Bay with an annual $5.5 million for the next 6 years.[/QUOTE
                              Yeah, he deserves it!!!
                              "The bottom line is, the cream rose to the top, and that’s Denver.”
                              Tom Serratore

Comment

Originally posted by vizoroo View Post
                                Interview with Drew Shore at Florida Panthers Development Camp.
                                http://video.panthers.nhl.com/videoc...id=DL|FLA|home

Matt Carle returns to Tampa Bay with an annual $5.5 million for the next 6 years.
                                I know San Jose traded him to Tampa Bay, but did he ever play for them, or was he traded to Philly during the same off-season?

Comment

Working...
                                X