Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HE Championship Game, Maine Vs BC

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
    Elbow only made contact because Abbot lost an edge. Yes, the elbow made contact but it was accidental.
    go watch the replay on HE and you know this is false. He hits Spencer in the head which looks like it flash ko's him.

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
      Why would there be??? All of the Eastern teams are spread out seed wise (1 BC, 1/2 Union, 1/2 Maine, 2/3 BU, 3/4 Lowell, 4 Cornell/Harvard)
      I could see Maine in Bridgeport, but BU looks pegged for Worcester for a potential matchup vs. BC. Landing in Bridgeport in that bracket would be a very good one for Maine (Union is the top dog = paper tiger like Yale* last year)
      Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
        I think BC's depth is going to be tough for Maine. Sullivan looked shaky last night at times vs. BU. I have to think there will be some revenge on the Eagles' minds after the sweep in Orono, too. Anyways, Maine will be back in the NCAAs no matter what which I think is good overall for college hockey. Hopefully Abbott is ok for next weekend.
        BC has to stay out of the box and capitalize on their chances. As everybody knows, Maine's PP is deadly and BC has to play their best game to win tonight. Good luck to the seniors!
        NCAA Champs 2012, 2010, 2008, 2001, 1949, Hockey East Tourney Champs 2012 #11, Beanpot Champs 2016

Boston Red Sox 2004, 2007, 2013 Champs

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
          I could see Maine in Bridgeport, but BU looks pegged for Worcester for a potential matchup vs. BC. Landing in Bridgeport in that bracket would be a very good one for Maine (Union is the top dog = paper tiger like Yale* last year)
          Well, actually, Maine can do a lot towards controlling their own destiny by winning tonight. I believe a win will keep them ahead of BU, which is what they need. Right now, the top four teams are two in the East and two in the West. So it's easy to seed...BC in Worcester and Union in Bridgeport. It's the 5 through 8 spots that will decide the #2 seeds. Typically the 3s and 4s get sent out, so if Maine can hold onto the 5-8 spot they will be a #2 seed either in Worcester or Bridgeport. If they slip to 9-12 they will drop to a 3 seed and potentially get sent out West and BU will stay in the East. THAT much is controlled by them. As for the Worcester vs Bridgeport, THAT can be "switched" if the committee sees that it will help the attendance (and Worcester is two hours closer to Orono than Bridgeport). But if Maine goes West, it's a moot point.

So tonight may be for "bragging rights," but it's an important game for Maine unless they want to go West. Of course, you can't control what the other teams do, so as the late Al Davis said, "Just win, baby!"

Comment

As a 1962 UMaine graduate (and somewhat of an athlete) I hope they do well tonight because .... I also consider myself well informed about ice hockey recruiting .... and with the loss of this years senior class .... the upcoming years are at minimum questionable ..... and maximally abysmal. .... But then who knows about these things .... and a hello to "walrus" ... a voice of reason, perhaps wisdom on this board.

Comment

If you watch the game, Sonar, keep an eye out for some of Maine's young players, like Parker. I bet you'll be pleasantly surprised with the team next year.

It's not obvious where all the points will come from, but team defense and goaltending should continue to improve -- and I'm not sure how many of us saw Abbott as a Hobey finalist 3-4 years ago.

Whether it's Mangene, Anthoine, Parker, Swavely, Cerretani, one of the new guys for Fall 12 . . . I bet at least one or two players step up. I doubt Maine's offense falls back quite as far as you suggest.
              1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                Well, actually, Maine can do a lot towards controlling their own destiny by winning tonight. I believe a win will keep them ahead of BU, which is what they need. Right now, the top four teams are two in the East and two in the West. So it's easy to seed...BC in Worcester and Union in Bridgeport. It's the 5 through 8 spots that will decide the #2 seeds. Typically the 3s and 4s get sent out, so if Maine can hold onto the 5-8 spot they will be a #2 seed either in Worcester or Bridgeport. If they slip to 9-12 they will drop to a 3 seed and potentially get sent out West and BU will stay in the East. THAT much is controlled by them. As for the Worcester vs Bridgeport, THAT can be "switched" if the committee sees that it will help the attendance (and Worcester is two hours closer to Orono than Bridgeport). But if Maine goes West, it's a moot point.

So tonight may be for "bragging rights," but it's an important game for Maine unless they want to go West. Of course, you can't control what the other teams do, so as the late Al Davis said, "Just win, baby!"
                I don't think that Maine will go West either way........#2/#3 in Bridgeport does not make a difference because #2/#3 in Bridgeport will be a Western team.

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                  You're on drugs...
                  Are you talking like right now or back in my cawledge dayz?
                  I believe in equality of effort. In life, in hockey in everything.

Comment

Originally posted by sonar View Post
                    As a 1962 UMaine graduate (and somewhat of an athlete) I hope they do well tonight because .... I also consider myself well informed about ice hockey recruiting .... and with the loss of this years senior class .... the upcoming years are at minimum questionable ..... and maximally abysmal. .... But then who knows about these things .... and a hello to "walrus" ... a voice of reason, perhaps wisdom on this board.
                    Disagree with you here. Maine may lose some valuable experience........but I think that they upgrade long term on D and possibly on O. Sullivan will be back with the possible addition of Morris as well. Diamond, Mangene, Beattie, Anthoine......as well as this year's solid freshmen Parker, Higgins, and Rutt. Add to that a legit blue chipper in Shore. Not too bad on paper really.

Comment

Parker's got wheels and he hustles. Mangene has developed into a really nice offensive threat, starting from a roughly similar position.
                      1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Originally posted by sandiegoblkbr View Post
                        Disagree with you here. Maine may lose some valuable experience........but I think that they upgrade long term on D and possibly on O. Sullivan will be back with the possible addition of Morris as well. Diamond, Mangene, Beattie, Anthoine......as well as this year's solid freshmen Parker, Higgins, and Rutt. Add to that a legit blue chipper in Shore. Not too bad on paper really.
                        Parker and Cerretani both had good games.......Parker with a huge D play at the end of the game. It may not be as bad as everyone thinks, but it will be a hit in the O department. With Flynn and Abbott gone 2 guys who see the ice very well, it will be tuff for Diamond to put up the same number of points next year, I don't think any of the young guys will get him the puck as well as these 2 have.

and I don't really see a better D group either, Will is solid on the PP, and Ryan is a solid shutdown D man, good think Nemic is staying.

Comment

Pregame has started on NESN (I'll still be switching to NBC )

Time to check the fridge.

Comment

Originally posted by Sweeper View Post
                            Parker and Cerretani both had good games.......Parker with a huge D play at the end of the game. It may not be as bad as everyone thinks, but it will be a hit in the O department. With Flynn and Abbott gone 2 guys who see the ice very well, it will be tuff for Diamond to put up the same number of points next year, I don't think any of the young guys will get him the puck as well as these 2 have.

and I don't really see a better D group either, Will is solid on the PP, and Ryan is a solid shutdown D man, good think Nemic is staying.
                            Shore will get Diamond the puck.

D needs experience and time to gel, but long term I think that Hutton, Williams and Wolfe will fill the bill nicely.

Comment

Hegarty a solid shutdown D-man?
                              What kind of cheese are you planning to put on top?

Comment

When it's time to play D he shuts down?

Bad ABB. Trying to stay positive . . .

Comment

Working...
                                X