Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: HE Championship Game, Maine Vs BC

Originally posted by J.D. View Post
    BC playing in its backyard is a non factor. Maine will have just as many if not more fans there tonight. Unless you meant BCs experience playing at the Garden in general...
    they will more than double BC's fans. I have witnessed it before but it's absolutely amazing how many people Maine brings to the Garden..........BC's experience in the Garden is a factor, maybe, but also a factor is that they have to lose there eventually.............

Comment

I don't think any team's ever won 3 Hockey East titles in a row. Motivation for BC, history of parity on Maine's side.

Maine Hockey: I want to believe
      43-21-4 (.662) in games I attended over 4 years as a student
      104-47-14 (.669) in that time
      3x FROZEN FOUR

11-20-2 in games I've attended since. (2-2-1 under Red)

Comment

T minus 4 hours til TIMMAH TIME!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by dwollstadt View Post
          Escobedo swung his arm to his left and his elbow hit Abbott's jaw. The replay shows Abbott's head jerking back two or three inches from the blow. The replay also shows that Abbott's head didn't hit the ice or the boards in a way that would cause injury. It's pretty clear to me that if Abbott has a concussion, it was caused by Escobedo's elbow. I'm not saying it was intentional or that the referee could have seen it clearly enough to call a penalty; just that the injury was caused by an elbow to the head.
          Elbow only made contact because Abbot lost an edge. Yes, the elbow made contact but it was accidental.
          Lowell Forever
          Forever Lowell

Comment

Didn't look like a penalty to me, or at least not intentional. If he can't play tonight, I hope he's ok for the NCAA's. Certainly not gonna help Maine tonight if he's unable to play.

Comment

i hope he plays, if you're gonna win, you want to beat the opponent at their best but heck, his replacement on the PP scored, didnt he?

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                I think BC's depth is going to be tough for Maine. Sullivan looked shaky last night at times vs. BU. I have to think there will be some revenge on the Eagles' minds after the sweep in Orono, too. Anyways, Maine will be back in the NCAAs no matter what which I think is good overall for college hockey. Hopefully Abbott is ok for next weekend.
                No shakier than Milner who let in two horrendous goals early before he settled down. Don't think you'll see any of that from either player tonight.

Comment

Originally posted by Patronick View Post
                  Elbow only made contact because Abbot lost an edge. Yes, the elbow made contact but it was accidental.
                  It was contact to the head with an elbow, if a stick hits a player in the face accidentally is it a penalty?
                  I swear there ain't no heaven but I pray there ain't no hell.

Maine Hockey Love it or Leave it

Comment

Originally posted by sterlippo1 View Post
                    i hope he plays, if you're gonna win, you want to beat the opponent at their best but heck, his replacement on the PP scored, didnt he?
                    Yeah, that was on that horrendous "clearing pass" up the middle by Clendenning that got picked off...

Comment

Originally posted by acs64 View Post
                      BC by 3 easy.
                      You're on drugs...

Comment

Originally posted by chickod View Post
                        You're on drugs...
                        You're right.

It'll be at least 4.
                        1987 1988 1989 1990 1991 1992 1993 1995 1999 2000 2001 2002 2003 2004 2005 2006 2007 2012(!)

Comment

Certainly want Maine to win tonite but we know tonite is just for bragging rites. Whatever happens I just hope we don't have to face BC next week.
                          I'm sorry but Maine owns the Gaahden fan wise, now called Alfond South. BU had 2 sections of fans and the band, we had the rest!
                          Assume BC will have more fans that BU, but u guys are another mile out of town
                          Now that is why I think no matter what Maine stays in the east next week. I cannot believe the NCAA would allow the best traveled team to go out west and lose out on a big ticket sale in the East. Time will tell, what time tomorrow is regional announcement and what channel?
                          GO BLUE!

Comment

Originally posted by CenMEBlackBearFan View Post
                            Now that is why I think no matter what Maine stays in the east next week. I cannot believe the NCAA would allow the best traveled team to go out west and lose out on a big ticket sale in the East.
                            I agree......if there's a way to do it without having a big impact on bracket integrity it makes sense to have Maine in either Worcester or Bridgeport.

Comment

They won't accommodate Maine if it means having an interconference matchup in the first round. The NCAA seems to have that rule written in stone for some reason
                              Brown Bears - 2014 National Champions

Comment

Originally posted by Onion Man View Post
                                They won't accommodate Maine if it means having an interconference matchup in the first round. The NCAA seems to have that rule written in stone for some reason
                                Why would there be??? All of the Eastern teams are spread out seed wise (1 BC, 1/2 Union, 1/2 Maine, 2/3 BU, 3/4 Lowell, 4 Cornell/Harvard)

Comment

Working...
                                X