Union Hockey 2011-2012 season thread #2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Union Hockey 2011-2012 season thread #2

Looks like the other thread has been locked, so here's a fresh one.

Re: Union Hockey 2011-2012 season thread #2

Wow! I didn't even realize we hit the magic 1000 number! I don't think we've ever had that many posts, have we?

I'm still trying to acclimate myself to Union playing Harvard tonight. Hopefully the team has.

We didn't make it to AC. In the few clips I've seen, there were many others who didn't either. We're waiting for the Regionals, hopefully in the East.
    Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Again I have to say congrats, the better team won ! Go far, you are my team now !
      It all starts with the goaltending.

Comment

Video quality on the online streaming was in my opinion very good. It buffered a couple of times, but overall looked very crisp.

Everything i've read says Union goes to Bridgeport either as the #1 seed or #2 seed...hopefully the ice will be better than last year. I remember walking in and thinking "boy is it warm in here" and seeing puddles in between periods.

Comment

If we win tonight, we are a #1 seed in the National Tournament.

Wow.
          LET'S GO UNION DA DA DADADA

Comment

Union a number one seed in the national tournament? I would have never believe such a thing possible when I was a student, only five years ago, but as if that will the reality this evening. For selfish reasons, I wish the Dutch would get shipped out to St. Paul (I live in Minneapolis), but it'll be much better for the team, and their fans to play out east. What an amazing time to be a Dutchmen.

Let's go U!
            Union Class of '07

Comment

Some observations from AC. First it isn't Trump Plaza, it's more like Dump Plaza. Still it's great to see all the fans and teams milling about.

Speculation is that AC is done after next year and that the new sites under consideration are a couple of those tossed around here including LP.

Apparently the background in the arena are causing some visual problems for the goalies.

Harvard's power play looked awesome vs Cornel so U had best stay out of the box. Killorn is a beast and U may have a tougher time containing him than they did Mr. Smith. Still U looks extremely focused and if they play their game, U wins. Go U!!

Comment

It doesn't get too much better then this...this is what it is all about....

GO U!!!!

Shout out to rpi tv for great job

Comment

Originally posted by Goaliefan View Post
                  Wow! I didn't even realize we hit the magic 1000 number! I don't think we've ever had that many posts, have we?
                  I probably helped a bit with all of my arguing

Looking forward to a good game today.

Let's go U!

Keith.
                  Keith Reynolds
                  Union College
                  Class of 1992
                  B.A. in Economics/Mathematics

University of Nevada - Las Vegas
                  Class of 2001
                  M.S. in Sports and Leisure Management

"I went to Union before it sucked...."

Comment

Doesn't the ECAC have an out clause in their AC deal? If so, you'd think they would use it after this tournament.

Schott has some sights and sounds from AC - http://www.dailygazette.com/videos/2012/mar/17/1004/

Comment

I feel like I'm dreaming - don't wake me up!

We've been following Union hockey since it went D-I. It wasn't that long ago that we were waiting to win a third playoff game, let alone an actual series. And it really doesn't seem that long ago (but it was) that we were overjoyed at winning at all - wins being so scarce at the time. Third in the PWR - awesome!

Go U - play with all you have to give!
                      Hockey is life, the rest is just details!

Comment

Schott says there's no lineup changes for tonight's title tilt.

Comment

New Poster, long time U fan, I think U has a good chance to win, they haven't been playing terribly well in these games and yet they are winning.. so LET'S GO U

Comment

Here's some Union -- Harvard trivia.

Before they were the Garnet and the Crimson, respectively, both schools called themselves the Magenta. Really. And had a fight over who the color belonged to.

You can read Union's version of the story here: http://www.union.edu/N/DS/edition_di...p?e=932&s=4363

And here's the Harvard version: http://www.thecrimson.com/article/20...mson-harvards/

Its up to you to decide who to believe...
                            Last edited by Eph72; 03-17-2012, 03:48 PM.

Comment

Boys will have to generate their own energy . . . I'd say less than 1000 in the building right now.
                              2008-2009 ECAC Pick The Standings Contest Champ!

Comment

Working...
                              X